lol, lookin good so far =]
TIFreak/CalcManiac: When the pokemon game is done, is there going to be sound, or are we going to have to play in mute...?
I am not part of that project, I am working on a basic remake of it.. XD

but I doubt that the calculator can handle graphics and everything, and add sound too.
Svakk wrote:
TIFreak/CalcManiac: When the pokemon game is done, is there going to be sound, or are we going to have to play in mute...?
Yep, sound works if you've got headphones. (Well, only two of the four channels, but it's way better than nothing)
tifreak8x wrote:
I am not part of that project, I am working on a basic remake of it.. XD

I knew that, but i was just wondering if it'd have it. Guess Not.. *Depressed Face*
lol, no, mine won't have it for sure.
what is ox5?
Svakk wrote:
what is ox5?

Nerdy form of lol.
it is something that the board auto-converts for you...
Ok, I have comments!

First of all, on the Links Awakening video, is that the actual sound output or something else? I don't remember the music being that epic, you see. I could totally hear organs and bells and stuff in that, yet I only remember it as 8-bit style pings and beeps. Maybe that is just the effect of only hearing two of the four channels?

Also, for Pokemon, first of all, YAY!. Beyond that, why is it so much slower than Zelda? Is that just the nature of the game, or were the Zelda shots sped up or something.
Additionally, I have seen that exact same flying head glitch in another gameboy emulator. I wonder if they did something hacky with the game when they made it that some emulator authors don't know about? Are you basing this code off of an existing emulator or are you writing it from scratch?
jbr wrote:
Ok, I have comments!

First of all, on the Links Awakening video, is that the actual sound output or something else? I don't remember the music being that epic, you see. I could totally hear organs and bells and stuff in that, yet I only remember it as 8-bit style pings and beeps. Maybe that is just the effect of only hearing two of the four channels?

Also, for Pokemon, first of all, YAY!. Beyond that, why is it so much slower than Zelda? Is that just the nature of the game, or were the Zelda shots sped up or something.
Additionally, I have seen that exact same flying head glitch in another gameboy emulator. I wonder if they did something hacky with the game when they made it that some emulator authors don't know about? Are you basing this code off of an existing emulator or are you writing it from scratch?
Nah, I just added some background music which WMM decided to compress too much, so now it sounds awful.

The speed of games really depends on how much work the CPU is doing per frame. Though, I'm still trying to tune up Pokemon.

The graphical glitches are due to the fact that I don't support raster effects.
ALPHA RELEASE!
http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/419/41990.html
Whoa, I totally missed that video the first time around. That is extremely impressive, calc84maniac, many congratulations. Smile
using my speaker set up, I played Zelda, and the sound quality was pretty good for what it can do. ^^
calc84maniac wrote:

redonculously awesome.
Too bad it doesn't work with a regular 83+ ...
Sad
But still, this project is a awesome!
Alpha 0.0.2 released: http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/419/41990.html

Hopefully this will fix some people's building issues. Razz
You've already got 172 downloads...
Is there something I'm not doing right? D:

I got a hold of a Tetris ROM, dragged it to the batch file, it created the app, sent it to the calc, ran it, but it does not work. Sad
Let me guess. It crashed right after the splash screen? Unfortunately, this seems to be happening with some calculators which were manufactured in the last two years or so. I'm working with some of the other users to find the problem.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 4 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours