Post all issues you're encountering with the new SAX here or elsewhere; I will work on debugging and keep a running list of reported and in-progress bugs.
The Say button is still not showing up in the correct spot in my Browser. I'm using Gran Paradiso, which is Arch Linux's Firefox Build.(its basically stock a stock build with a few minor changes that shouldn't affect rendering.) It happens when at both 1280x1024 and 1024x768 monitor resolutions.

It also appears the pop out is broken, all I get is 'loading'
Fix the time format.
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
Fix the time format.

Shouldn't sax use the timezone from the users profile rather than jsut eastern time?
TheStorm wrote:
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
Fix the time format.

Shouldn't sax use the timezone from the users profile rather than jsut eastern time?

It doesn't have proper support for DST; also, 1 minute past midnight shows up as 0:1:00, whereas 1 minute past 11 p.m. shows up as 23:01:00.
That's how a 24-hour clock is supposed to display Confused
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
TheStorm wrote:
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
Fix the time format.

It doesn't have proper support for DST; also, 1 minute past midnight shows up as 0:1:00, whereas 1 minute past 11 p.m. shows up as 23:01:00.

So those of us not in Kerm's Timezone will have to deal with the times being an hour or more off. Also, shouldn't 1 minute past midnight show up as 00:01:00 to keep the alignment the same?
TheStorm wrote:
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
TheStorm wrote:
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
Fix the time format.

So those of us not in Kerm's Timezone will have to deal with the times being an hour or more off. Also, shouldn't 1 minute past midnight show up as 00:01:00 to keep the alignment the same?

Exactly. For clarity: the time format should be HH:MM:SS at all times, and not H:M:SS at midnight.
I see what you mean now. And I don't think the SAX times being off are that big of a deal personally.
The timezone thing is because I carried over a fudge factor. All times will now automatically show in the client's _local_ timezone once I remove the fudge factor that is a relic of the old system

:: Misaligned 'say'
:: Popout chat failure
:: Multiple-message duplicate issue (atomic fetching?)
:: Time offset
:: Time digit padding
Maybe you should upgrade from this archaic phpBB 2 install now that you have some free time?
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
Maybe you should upgrade from this archaic phpBB 2 install now that you have some free time?
Not a chance, I have a few hours after work each day but nowhere near enough to dedicate to a project like that, especially if I want to make any progress on Doors CS.
The new SAX doesn't work for me at all. I only see the input line and the "Say" button. When I type something and press "Say", nothing happens.
it takes forever for the words to show up after its written (delayed)
other sites SAX's are not compatible
EDIT: oh yeah, and this happened....
Quote:
13:4:19 (U) Keith: as it was it was very badly done >.<
13:4:14 (C) Eeems: oops
and we only typed it in once....and I'm the only one seeing it...
EDIT2: and for some reason when I edited this the first time, this happened
Quote:
13:6:9 (/) Eeems: SAX Upgrade Issues
Umm, not to sound.. I dunno..

but what was wrong with SAX as it was that it needed up graded? (didn't see anything in here about it)
Yeah i've been wondering the same thing
It's to prevent me from singing and building epic SAX towers Razz
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
Precisely. That's exactly what it is.
KermMartian wrote:
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
Precisely. That's exactly what it is.

Kerm, you truely are a genius!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours