Svakk wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
It's to prevent me from singing and building epic SAX towers Razz
Precisely. That's exactly what it is.

Kerm, you truely are a genius!

And you sir, truly cannot spell Razz

?????
I think I might have found the multiple echo bug...
YAY! lets test it!
Post links don't work on my side of tiSAX. It'll post the normal "so-and-so posted in/edited a post in such-and-such" but the topic title won't be a link.

Since this seems to be a bug from the mySQL SAX upgrade, I'm not quite sure if I can fix that one myself. I'd have to take a look.

Just putting that out there.
KeithJohansen wrote:
Post links don't work on my side of tiSAX. It'll post the normal "so-and-so posted in/edited a post in such-and-such" but the topic title won't be a link.

Since this seems to be a bug from the mySQL SAX upgrade, I'm not quite sure if I can fix that one myself. I'd have to take a look.

Just putting that out there.
OK, I'll give it a look-see. In other news, I'm going to eliminate the lag-reducing 2-second no-content pause on the server side to avoid overloading my MySQL server.
Post edits don't show up right

Quote:
16:22:7 (/) Glenn: USB System Stats Device
Glenn wrote:
Post edits don't show up right

Quote:
16:22:7 (/) Glenn: USB System Stats Device

Yeah, i got that same problem.

Code:
1098Zaphod Beeblebroxhas entered the room.12470880592C 1097lafferjmhas entered the room.12470875982C 1096Svakkadded a post in [SAX Upgrade Issues]12470874052C 1095Eeems logged in.12470871702U 1093Svakkhas entered the room.12470870972C 1092bfrhas entered the room.12470870242C 1091KeithJohansenhas entered the room.12470854832C 1090KeithSwivel! =D12470854801U 1089swivelgameshas entered the room.1247084865

This is how sax displays for me.
lafferjm wrote:

Code:
1098Zaphod Beeblebroxhas entered the room.12470880592C 1097lafferjmhas entered the room.12470875982C 1096Svakkadded a post in [SAX Upgrade Issues]12470874052C 1095Eeems logged in.12470871702U 1093Svakkhas entered the room.12470870972C 1092bfrhas entered the room.12470870242C 1091KeithJohansenhas entered the room.12470854832C 1090KeithSwivel! =D12470854801U 1089swivelgameshas entered the room.1247084865

This is how sax displays for me.
What OS and browser are you currently running?
the most recent version of ubuntu and firefox.
:: Misaligned 'say'
:: Popout chat failure
:: Multiple-message duplicate issue (atomic fetching?)
:: Time digit padding
:: Formatting error in Fx+Ubuntu
:: Invisible chat history in IE7
:: Two-second optional HTTP lag removal
:: OTBP upgrade.
:: Unicode support still missing
Duly noted, UD.

:: Unicode support missing
:: Post edits show up incorrectly
:: UnSS posts are not hyperlinked
Fixed the 'Edited post' message.
:: Post edits show up incorrectly

Fixed UnSS posts not hyperlinked.
:: UnSS posts are not hyperlinked

Two-second lag removed.

Made display correctly in IE7

Non-Windows+Fx issues

Time digit padding implemented

Upgraded standalone AJAX client for tiSAX. Still missing a bit of proper user handling for non-Cemetech tiSAX sites.

Remaining issues:
:: history deletion after >50 ids (cronhour?)
not sure if anyone else has this problem, but..

I have noticed the more time I spend on Cemetech at a time, the more of a lag I get to the point where it starts cutting out my wifi.

Closing out Cemetech and staying off for 10 minutes usually takes care of the problem. I am guessing it has something to do with SAX refreshing or something, but I wouldn't know.

But I have tested this out, and it is definitely Cemetech causing me these problems.
SAX isn't showing a text history. I posted something in SAX, the "You Said:" showed up briefly then was hidden. I'll see if my post shows up for me.

EDIT: Nope Sad
SAX is not showing any messages for me, I said something and it showed up for a little bit, then it left as well.
tifreak8x wrote:
not sure if anyone else has this problem, but..

I have noticed the more time I spend on Cemetech at a time, the more of a lag I get to the point where it starts cutting out my wifi.

Closing out Cemetech and staying off for 10 minutes usually takes care of the problem. I am guessing it has something to do with SAX refreshing or something, but I wouldn't know.

But I have tested this out, and it is definitely Cemetech causing me these problems.

I have that problem on my older brother's computer, but it doesn't do that on mine. No idea what causes this.

Glenn wrote:

SAX is not showing any messages for me, I said something and it showed up for a little bit, then it left as well.

Kerm hasn't completely finished the upgrades yet, so it should be like this for a while. If you tried to do that before when Kerm had started upgrades, it would have doen the same thing.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours