I played against you and Parker, it gave me my adrenaline rush of the day. I can't wait until we organize a Freon game Very Happy sounds like much fun.
qazz42 wrote:
I played against you and Parker, it gave me my adrenaline rush of the day. I can't wait until we organize a Freon game Very Happy sounds like much fun.
You did? Shock When?
Earlier the server was up, I think it was RIGHT after you and tari/souvik finished a game, so it was empty. We had fun, the map was a bit big for 2 people, so in the end, I got 2 kills and Parker got 3.
qazz42 wrote:
Earlier the server was up, I think it was RIGHT after you and tari/souvik finished a game, so it was empty. We had fun, the map was a bit big for 2 people, so in the end, I got 2 kills and Parker got 3.
Haha, I'm sorry that I missed that game, although you probably had more fun without me sniping you every three minutes. Smile
Say, do you guys still play? Or have you slowly quit playing (like it seemed back in August where everyone who played UT just wanted to play MC :/)? As soon as I get UT2K4 installed on this new machine I'd like to play again, if possible - been missing the fun Sad
Fa' show. I stopped playing because my new computer can't run the installer, though I haven't checked for an updated one. I'll have to get on that!
Beta7 wrote:
Say, do you guys still play? Or have you slowly quit playing (like it seemed back in August where everyone who played UT just wanted to play MC :/)? As soon as I get UT2K4 installed on this new machine I'd like to play again, if possible - been missing the fun Sad

Well we really stopped for quite a bit, but we shall return to our UT roots.... it was nearly 2 years ago where barley a day went by without 5 or so UT games... We must get back to that somehow
Beta7 wrote:
We've been playing quite a bit more lately, mostly as a break in between finals and final projects. I'd imagine we'll be on the server over break a fair amount. It sounded like Benryves might even be joining us...
Excellent, I can't wait for a UT filled break!
Sounds great, Kerm. I have to work out some shader issue, but then I should be good to go Smile Will you have time to play this afternoon?

*Edit* Anyone know how I can fix the following error? Only found 2 entries in the ini that dealth with "shader" and neither one affected this:

Code:
UT2004 Build UT2004_Build_[2005-11-23_16.22]

CPU: AuthenticAMD Unknown processor @ 2813 MHz with 1789MB RAM
Video: No Video

Failed to enter Entry: Can't find file for package 'XGameShaders'

History: UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine <- FMallocWindows::Free
Do you have up-to-date graphics card drivers? What sort of card are you running? What OS?
Yes, everything is up-to-date. I don't know what card I'm running, but UT2004 worked with it on my last hard drive (it crashed a while back and had to reinstall Windows, hadn't bothered to reinstall UT until today). I'm running Vista.

Apparently the file I'm missing is "XGameShaders.utx". I went into my Textures folder to see if it was there (possibly renamed on accident or something), and I have no texture files after those that start with "L". Could I "borrow" someone's set of texture files to fill in all my missing ones?
Well, it seems to be whatever installer you are using is broken, probably should search around for texture files if need be

http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/365507-What-the-!-Please-help!

^ quick google search
KermMartian wrote:
It sounded like Benryves might even be joining us...

Aye, I picked up a copy over the weekend, though am rather snowed under at the moment. I hope we'll have the chance to engage in the noble and friendly festive tradition of shooting eachother in the face soon. Smile

Beta7 wrote:
Yes, everything is up-to-date.

Your Windows build number (6001) implies you're still on Vista SP1, though that shouldn't really affect anything. I'd suggest uninstalling everything and reinstalling (possibly in a different folder), then applying the latest UT 2004 patch. For a relatively old piece of software UT 2004 seems to behave well under Vista/UAC (I stuck it in Program Files rather than the default C:\UT2004 and it works fine).
Whoops, didn't realize I hadn't updated to SP2 yet :/
Comic, you should be able to just copy over you're old install if you still have it, UT2004 is rather nice like that, it is a rather well written peice of software. I can even share everything but the System folder between the Linux and Windows versions.
It's plausible. If I can't find an updated installer I'll just have too, the disc will have to be in my laptop at some point since my desktop lacks an optical drive Razz
The list of maps on GoogleDocs is quite out of date, so I've been running around trying to collect missing maps as they randomly come up on the server.

1) Can we get a list of all maps on the server as of now? Would help in making sure we have everything Smile

2) This looks to be pretty good place to get missing maps; have only gone to it for 1-2 so far, but the sheer volume makes me hopeful it has plenty others .
Could whoever is hosting the server not provide all the maps from there to make it easier? Even better would be if they could be made available over something like SVN, as that would make updating very easy.
All the maps _are_ saved on the server. Kerm put a limit on downloading so that the server's bandwidth didn't die when someone was downloading the map. A reasonably sized map might get finished downloading by the end of the round, and even rarer will UT actually remember to keep it. I did get Kerm to bump the download limit up a bit when I was downloading a hard-to-find mutator, but I think that's been resolved. It would be nice if he would tar/bzip each map, so we can download them at some point when we aren't playing UT.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48, 49  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 47 of 49
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours