SAX
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Excellent, glad to hear it works. Alex, Deep Thought, which version of Chrome and for what platform are you each using?
I'm using Chrome 11.0.696.65 (latest beta, not latest dev) for Windows.
I'm using Chrome as well. Never ran into this problem before. Glad it works again, Deep Thought.
swivelgames wrote:
I'm using Chrome as well. Never ran into this problem before. Glad it works again, Deep Thought.
I've not heard of it either until you ran into it. Sad Hopefully it's a temporary bug in that beta.
Just a thought, think you could add something to the SAX applet that shows whether it is connected to IRC or not? As of this posting, it isn't, would be good for people here to know that. :p
tifreak8x wrote:
Just a thought, think you could add something to the SAX applet that shows whether it is connected to IRC or not? As of this posting, it isn't, would be good for people here to know that. :p
That's a great idea! I'm thinking either a subtle green chain icon when connected, or a pulsating gray broken chain when disconnected.
Both those ideas sound good to me!
I made the icons ( and , the latter of which looks much better on a maroon background), but I realized that there's no dependable way to tell from Cemetech if IRC is actually connected. The session time on the "IRC" user reveals when saxjax last transmitted text IRC -> SAX, but that being a long time ago can mean that no one on IRC has said anything in a long time as well as that saxjax is potentially unlinked. More reliable would be to update the session time each time saxjax checks for new SAX text to print in IRC, but I hesitate to double the number of MySQL queries necessary to be executed on each saxjax text fetch.
They look nice, except the second doesn't look like anything besides two flashing N's.??
Oh, it can't tell when the bot isn't connected anymore? I was also going to ask if you could put an admin button up for me to reset saxjax because when it froze and wouldn't respond to commands.
tifreak8x wrote:
Oh, it can't tell when the bot isn't connected anymore? I was also going to ask if you could put an admin button up for me to reset saxjax because when it froze and wouldn't respond to commands.
It's better if I just spend a few hours one day re-writing how saxjax handles certain exceptions, namely (1) being unable to load pages from Cemetech and (2) being disconnected from IRC. Smile Currently, as I mentioned, there's no reliable way to tell from Cemetech itself if saxjax is connected.
Ah, well at least, how about in the mean time, you allow it so one of the admins can turn the different icons on and off? be !set on or !set off or something? would give us the ability to let others know.
But, usually saxjax disconnects in the early morning, when no admins are logged into Cemetech.
But the traffic to the forums/site is quite low at that time too. Not really a whole lot can be done about that, sadly.
If you guys nag me to spend one day debugging and hardening SaxJax, I think that will go a long way towards alleviating the problem. Plus, all the instability that EfNet has been having lately isn't doing SaxJax any good.
Is there anyway of me sending a message or clicking a link somewhere where I can make saxjax resign in? (just a shot in the dark)
tifreak8x wrote:
Is there anyway of me sending a message or clicking a link somewhere where I can make saxjax resign in? (just a shot in the dark)
I'd have to install some kind of httpd on saxjax's host server, which I'd rather not do at this point. Smile I just added a catch for the most common case that saxjax has been running into lately, the ServerNotConnectedError, which happens when the IRC server unexpectedly disconnects.
Oh, I see. Well, let's hope that this will let it not have so many failures in the future Very Happy

Now to figure out how to fix TIFW sax.. :p (joking)
tifreak8x wrote:
Oh, I see. Well, let's hope that this will let it not have so many failures in the future Very Happy

I am too lazy to actually make my own post so instead I quote people and then don't say anything new
tifreak8x wrote:
tifreak8x wrote:

I am too lazy to actually make my own post so instead I quote people and then don't say anything new
Let's see. In your saxjax.js, find the following function:

Code:
function saxArraytoFlat(implodedLine) {...

Before:

Code:
   return out;

Add:

Code:
   if (-1 == out.indexOf('target="_blank")) {
      out = out.replace('class="saxgray" href="','class="saxgray" target="_blank" href="');
   } else {
      out = out.replace(' target="_blank">','>');
   }
Please test and let me know how it goes. Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
SAX
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 6 of 10
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours