SAX
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
1) append.
2) Maybe. The problem is if someone comes back to a page, and accidentally scrolls it after 6 seconds. Although I guess it's better than not at all. I'd go for it.

I have a suggestion. What about clicking the box to take you directly to sax.
Oooh, an excellent suggestion! I will be sure to implement that; please remind me if I forget.
KermMartian wrote:
Oooh, an excellent suggestion! I will be sure to implement that; please remind me if I forget.

Here is your one and only reminder. Glad I could help.
graphmastur wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Here is your one and only reminder. Glad I could help.
Razz Thanks for your reminder. Rolling Eyes I'm working on it right now, so hopefully I won't forget.

Edit:

1) Highlight appears at the bottom now
2) Stays 10 seconds (at least)
3) Clicking the highlight jumps to the top of SAX
4) should be cross-browser. Please test in IE, Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc!
That, is way too cool; Works in Chrome.
comicIDIOT wrote:
That, is way too cool; Works in Chrome.
That's great to hear! Also, I just fixed up the feature whereby the highlighting div won't go away until you scroll.
It works in Safari very well. Mac OS X.
graphmastur wrote:
That's awesome, thanks for double-checking for me. And as per your suggestion, clicking the highlight gives the SAX input box focus now.
KermMartian wrote:
graphmastur wrote:
That's awesome, thanks for double-checking for me. And as per your suggestion, clicking the highlight gives the SAX input box focus now.

Thanks, excellent. Also on my mac, I tested Opera and Firefox, and they both work.
Wait, it worked on Opera? Benryves reported some glitches from a specific Opera snapshot, and I spent several hours trying to track them down (although I did fix a bunch of Cemetech markup problems in the meantime). What version of Opera are you using that everything worked well? What happens if you hover over the Home / Archives / Projects / etc buttons?
KermMartian wrote:
Wait, it worked on Opera? .... What happens if you hover over the Home / Archives / Projects / etc buttons?
It shows/works as intended in Opera 11.01 on OS X.
comicIDIOT wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Wait, it worked on Opera? .... What happens if you hover over the Home / Archives / Projects / etc buttons?
It shows/works as intended in Opera 11.01 on OS X.
That is good to hear. For benryves, the pages scroll to the top when SAX updates or you hover on the header nav buttons.
graphmastur already said so, but verified it works on Firefox and Safari for Mac.
Deep Thought wrote:
graphmastur already said so, but verified it works on Firefox and Safari for Mac.
Thanks again, I'm glad to hear that I did a reasonably good job of getting everything working well cross-browser with minimal testing of my own. Wink
Oh, and it works on Chrome for Mac and Chrome for Windows.

It doesn't take a horizontal scrollbar into account, however (in all browsers I've tested).
Deep Thought wrote:
Oh, and it works on Chrome for Mac and Chrome for Windows.

It doesn't take a horizontal scrollbar into account, however (in all browsers I've tested).
I've noticed that as well. I don't know any good way to calculate that, so how about if I just move up the box by 12 pixels or so? Unless I find a way to only do that if page_width > browser_width, which I could probably figure out.
*Height, not width. Smile
comicIDIOT wrote:
*Height, not width. Smile
Nope, width. I'd think it's almost always the case that the page height is taller than the browser height. The widths would tell me if a horizontal scrollbar was present.
Oh, clever. I was thinking the page would be shorter if the horizontal scroll bar was present. I'm assuming it isn't, then?
comicIDIOT wrote:
Oh, clever. I was thinking the page would be shorter if the horizontal scroll bar was present. I'm assuming it isn't, then?
If it was, we wouldn't have to come up with these tricks in the first place, because I use the client window height to calculate where the highlight window should go. Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
SAX
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 3 of 10
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours