» View previous topic :: View next topic  
comicIDIOT wrote:
Cache breaker?

?2
Cache broken, thanks for reminding me. Smile
And it follows the window around when it gets resized, which is great Smile
Deep Thought wrote:
And it follows the window around when it gets resized, which is great Smile
Did the previous one not do that properly? At any rate, thanks, I agree. Props to Swivelgames (and Benryves) on this!
Nope it didn't. It disappeared from the screen after scrolling. I thought it was kind of annoying because I'd miss them every once in a while when it'd pop up while scrolling, but I thought that was by-design :S
swivelgames wrote:
Nope it didn't. It disappeared from the screen after scrolling. I thought it was kind of annoying because I'd miss them every once in a while when it'd pop up while scrolling, but I thought that was by-design :S
It disappears from the screen after seven seconds have passed and the user scrolls, but that's still the case, I didn't change anything about that. Smile
You should make the notification disappear when the sax text input is focused so that it doesn't just stay there while they are responding indefinitely Razz
/me seconds that suggestion

And a bug report: Highlight box doesn't disappear when I scroll with my mouse wheel.
Eeems wrote:
You should make the notification disappear when the sax text input is focused so that it doesn't just stay there while they are responding indefinitely Razz
It would have no way of deciding not to throw away new highlights though, imho. I think it's better to wait for the user to scroll slightly to throw away highlights than to prematurely discard highlights. Do you disagree?

Deep, I haven't previously seen that bug. Can you replicate it?
I think the highlight should stay when you are in the box. I use it when I am replying so I know what to respond to. Might just be me, though.
KermMartian wrote:
It would have no way of deciding not to throw away new highlights though, imho. I think it's better to wait for the user to scroll slightly to throw away highlights than to prematurely discard highlights. Do you disagree?
I do. Since we can assume that SAX is in view when they focus on saxtalk, there's no need to notify them, is there? The notifications are great, even with SAX in view. But the idea is to draw the user's attention to SAX, and that is already accomplished if they have focused saxtalk.

The notification window should disappear and neither should be displayed or appended until it is unfocused again. If their attention is on SAX, they'll easily notice when their name is mentioned with the black background behind the message, so theres no need for the notification. The notification can sometimes get in the way unless you scroll because it'll often get piled up.

Sometimes notifications don't disappear after 7 seconds, btw. (bug?)
If someone clicks on SAX, starts typing, and walks away from an hour, then that user will miss every highlight that he or she received during that time. Notifications disappear when both at least 7 seconds have passed and you scroll.
KermMartian wrote:
If someone clicks on SAX, starts typing, and walks away from an hour, then that user will miss every highlight that he or she received during that time. Notifications disappear when both at least 7 seconds have passed and you scroll.
Have it only dissapear once on the textbox being focused, but not for each successive one after that.
Eeems wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Have it only dissapear once on the textbox being focused, but not for each successive one after that.
That works fine for me, I can live with that.
Same same. I see what you're saying, Kerm. That's a good compromise Smile
swivelgames wrote:
Same same. I see what you're saying, Kerm. That's a good compromise Smile
Indeed. Now someone just needs to poke me about this tomorrow when I'm not about to go to sleep, if you don't mind. Smile
*cough* Smile
KermMartian wrote:
Deep, I haven't previously seen that bug. Can you replicate it?

Yep, I can. I'm using one of those trackpad scrollers though (kind of like a mouse wheel but built into the side of a trackpad), so that might be why.

EDIT: Actually it doesn't seem like it matters. It stays up even if I scroll with my mouse wheel or the up/down keys.

EDIT2: And another suggestion: Making URLs posted with [url] look the same as URLs posted from IRC.
Lemme guess, Chrome or IE? Also, the remove highlight on focus is done. Smile
Don't think it's chrome, as I'm using a variant of it. Albeit, it's a variant and by the sound of it a different OS.
Chrome.

KermMartian wrote:
Lemme guess, Chrome or IE? Also, the remove highlight on focus is done. Smile

It works Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
SAX
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 5 of 10
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours