http://cemetech.designerz-core.com/news.shtml?164

Due to unanimous public opinion, Doors CS 6, the next generation of the revolutionary Doors CS ASM shell for z80 graphing calculators, will be in the form of a Flash Application. While this will mean that the TI-83 calculator will no longer be supported after the last DCS 5.x release, it will allow for a far wider range of features in DCS6. There will be about two or three releases of the Doors CS 5 series before hard work begins on DCS6, however:

Doors CS 5.2: Corrected associated program support
Doors CS 5.3: Archiving bugfixes
Doors CS 5.5: Folder support added

After Doors CS 5.5 is released, work will begin on Doors CS 6. In the past I have elected to work on nearly all of my projects alone; while I will be writing the majority of the Doors CS 6 code, I will be selecting volunteers to help with programming, design, and debugging. The positions that will be available are as follows:

Beta Testers: A group of people with 83+, 83+SE, 84+, or 84+SE graphing calculators who are willing to test beta releases. Do not have to have programming knowledge, but it helps.

gCn Director: Skilled Windows programmer to make the globalCALCnet interface host program for computers

Library Team: Skilled z80 ASM programmers to work on the built-in libraries

CALCnet2 Head: Programmer skilled in z80 ASM to help create and test the CALCnet2 routines

Debug Team: Skilled z80 ASM programmers to help find and root out problems reported by the Beta Testers team.

And finally, how could I possibly leave out some cool eye candy. The following are simulated monochrome screenies, along with how they will look with the 4-bit grayscale interface DCS6 will sport.

(see http://cemetech.designerz-core.com/news.shtml?164 for screenies)
Well, I hope you take and work on some of these other projects and get them done before you head in to this... Otherwise, the other projects will never get completed...

And how much difference is there between makin an app and makin an asm prog...?
Quite a bit, believe it or not. And yes, I'm not starting in on this what I estimate as a yearlong project now.
well, look at it this way: in app form, you will be able to incorporate all sorts of new functions. if you have mem space left over, it might be cool if you would add in USB support or something... Razz
As a matter of fact, I am going to include usb8x support. And the TI-83+ version will of course have TICI 2.0 support. Both will have CALCnet2 and full grayscaling.
KermMartian wrote:
Quite a bit, believe it or not. And yes, I'm not starting in on this what I estimate as a yearlong project now.

I thought you said that you wouldn't have much time at all to program once in school... Are you sure it will be just a year long adventure? Wink

But heck, at least you are able to get stuff finished, unlike me who hasn't released anything for a while... Sad
Niice this will finally allow us to play huge games!
yay, I want to beta test, when this is ready (real 83+ and 84+SE and emulated 83+ and 84+SE)
Normally it would take a whole lot more than a year, but hopefully with others helping to debug etc (that usually takes about 60% of my programming time) it will go much faster.
I'd love to Beta test for TI84+se! I wish I could help with the z80 assembly debugging, but I'm still quite new to the language! Kerm what do you need to make an app (I am considering turning my current asm program into an app because it will be huge if what I am vision of its future becomes reality and I don't know any other way of dealing with that PC larger than C000 deal!) ? Very Happy

The screen shots look incredible...almost too good to be true Wink
You know, I think I said this before, but it would be *REALLY* cool if Cemetech and Detached teamed up to create the ULTIMATE z80 OS; with the functionality of Mirage and the sleekness of Doors, I think you'd have to give it some apocalyptic-sounding name, as it would be the be-all, end-all of 83+ family systems. Maybe call it ArmageddonOS, or Armagedn for short.

And I'll beta test for 83+ SE and 84+ SE.

Kevin: Darn right it will. Maybe the RL series can be made DCS-compatible. (Wonder what the icon would look like... Very Happy)
Laughing With MirageOS support added (I hope) it'll be Cemetech+Cemetech=OMGOMGOMG Very Happy
I like the idea of Cemetech and DS working together, but I don't know if they want a new shell out there, we shall see.
Heck, I asked them once before if they would be kind enough to put my link on their site, but the politely refused... Sad

I doubt they would be receptive to workin on a better shell...
I volunteer to help debug, and work on gCn....

@kermmartian: I emailed you on that, I dont know if you got it though....
we shall see
TI-Freak8x wrote:
Heck, I asked them once before if they would be kind enough to put my link on their site, but the politely refused... Sad

I doubt they would be receptive to workin on a better shell...

Who said DS had to work on it? Technically, all Kerm would need is their permission to copy (and slightly modify) the source to Mirage.
Source? All I want is their library routines, which would save me a LOT of time, and even that I can do without. And no, I don't think DS would love the idea of working with Cemetech. Smile
i'll beta test too (emulated: ti-83+; real: ti-84+SE)
NightWind wrote:

Kevin: Darn right it will. Maybe the RL series can be made DCS-compatible. (Wonder what the icon would look like... Very Happy)
unfortunately the ASM utilities used in most of my games made after december 2002 would kill DoorCS litterally, with MirageOS Zelda Dark Link Quest crashed upon quittting so I had to remove its compatibility. :(RL3 might be possible in DCS though since it seems to work fine in MOS Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours