Which map do you like best?
GreyMario's
 50%  [ 4 ]
CyberPrime's
 50%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 8

Very nice floorplan, GreyMario! Looks like you put quite a bit of effort into that. Does the garage open from the side or the front? I was a tad confused about that.
It should "open" in the same direction as the front porch faces, but I'm thinking it'll only be open just a crack, enough for a minifig riding a medium-sized vehicle to get in.
Not a bad start, Grey. I was thinking about windows also, and a backdoor to a backyard (with a playset, perhaps? some sandboxes?? (PUN!)). Your proportions are off, especially regarding the stairs, and the half bath (they are much too large). As well, it's certainly a strange, strange layout for a house (games room leading to master bedroom? wtf?). I took engineering design, and learned to layout a home. There is no way anybody would get away with this.
Hahahahahahahahahahayeahrightkid.

Updated floor plan that extends the half bath on the first floor to a full bath, moves attic access, and attaches the upstairs full bath to the master bedroom. Opened up the floor plan a little bit.

FYI the stairs are six foot wide, which I should think is quite reasonable. They total about twelve feet in horizontal movement, with a six foot square platform in the corner to allow for the turn.

Or would you like to make your own floorplan? That was kind of the plan here - interested users could submit their own house design and we'd pick the one we liked best.

Oh also keep in mind this is the inside of the house, including attached items. The backyard isn't part of the floorplan. :U
I find it funny that you find this funny.

Ah, I didn't understand there was a turn with the stairs. That makes more sense now.

However, the half bath isn't placed well, the attic seems to have it's own corner of the house, and the master bedroom is still linked to the game room. I will draw something up.

This is my first one, I have another one in mind that I could make. It's really rough, and I didn't actually measure anything (this is my house). Here it is. It's got plenty of closets, and I think it could make for a cool map. The slanted lines are doors, the absence of lines in walls are windows.[/url]
One thing to keep in mind is how you'll zone it to help improve the framerate. Make certain you can't look from one zone across another into a third, because this causes huge problems.
elfprince13 wrote:
One thing to keep in mind is how you'll zone it to help improve the framerate. Make certain you can't look from one zone across another into a third, because this causes huge problems.
visleafs ftw? Razz
Curse you imperial system.... Anyway, it looks fantastic! I can't wait to see the outcome Smile
I like CyberPrime's, but I have two ideas to adjust it:

No bar in the dining room, just a big table, and put that bar in a den in the basement with a couch and big flatscreen tv.
DShiznit wrote:
I like CyberPrime's, but I have two ideas to adjust it:

No bar in the dining room, just a big table, and put that bar in a den in the basement with a couch and big flatscreen tv.

*likes*
It's not a bar bar, like a wet bar. We took out half the wall, put a bar top on it so that you can see through to the kitchen. We use it for breakfast and lunch and whatnot. I like the concept, but a bar in the basement would be cool too (It's technically a finished basement. It's actually just an unfinished L and a finished interior room).

EDIT: Also, there's an attic. It's in a small hatch above the linen closet.
I don't know if you could call this a Mansion, more like an upper middle-class white person's house.
Middle Middle-class Wink If we really wanted a mansion I would suggest something like this. Only problem is that it's HUGE. With our constraints we would probably be better off making at most a two family home. If we can really use zoning and portals to our advantage, though, I could see a mansion happening.
I prefer Grey mario's idea since Cyberprime's idea, is to normal.

Look at the Ikea house for example.

It wasn't a perfect house.

The idea of a Hot-tub over runs the idea of a chimney Laughing
I like Cyberprime's better, although a hot tub would be nice.
I know, but TBG and TBM aren't about the maps being a realistic as possible. IMHO I seriously think that we shouldn't fuss over "scale of the rooms" and such.

We should be congratulating Grey on this splendid idea, But If everyone prefers CyberPrime's more how bout we make them both?
If I were making the map, I'd use CyberPrime's plans and a few of Grey's ideas. But then again, I'm not making a map.
So I guess the consensus so far is CyberPrime's floorplan.

A little more time and I guess I'll start transferring both bare-bones floorplans to Hammer (at normal scale) and take a few 3D concept shots.

Oh, and walls are generally about five inches thick (2x4 stud, 1/2 in. drywall), yes?
Cool, GreyMario. I also had a design for a bigger, more modern sort of home if you want it. It's a bit more like a mansion.

Anyway, walls are generally 3-4 inches. I know my walls are about 3. Also, feel free to ask me or something about details. Actually, I could take some real measurements, and some pictures for texture references and details and so on. Let me know which is best.
The walls of my home are 3 and 1/8th inches wide, just to help.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours