I ran REDUE22 which I have posted above. Much to my surprise I got different results than I have reporting. I believe I know the reason.

So new test results. No more Reversals. What does happen is that the first three flash cards are displayed perfectly, with a minor exception which we can work on later. When I press the "enter" key to go to the fourth flash card nothing happens. That little dot display on the right side of the graph screen keeps running and running and running.

Please help me.
More data.
When I enter the correct answer and press "enter" there is a "Pause" at the end of that loop to let the child see what is going on. Well when I put in the correct answer the program jumps to the next flash card. That says no "Pause". At the same place there is a "If J=5:STOP" it does not work either. Confused
I remember something saying that the stop commands was bad, I don't remember for sure but I think it said to use return instead, something about it crashing your calculator. Other than that, I think I am going to try your program, do you keep that previous post with the code in it updated?
I want to stop the program at a particular point to study what is going on. I have been able to understand when things are working OK but have never been able to discover the cause of a problem. Wink

I am very happy that you are going to try to get the code running. Please feel very conformable asking any and all questions. Wink
is the previous code the current code you are using? If not can you edit it with the new code?
_player1537 wrote:
I remember something saying that the stop commands was bad, I don't remember for sure but I think it said to use return instead, something about it crashing your calculator. Other than that, I think I am going to try your program, do you keep that previous post with the code in it updated?

Memory leaks.
Sorry for any confusion. The code on this site is the code you should be using. Wink
thanks, I will send it to my calculator to try it out. I'll report any thing I find Razz

edit:actually, could you find a place to post the code because source coder isn't compiling the startup program. Thanks
Are running on the Mac, if so you should be able to:

1. Copy the programs from cemetech

2. Open TI connect in your Mac

3. Open a blank program file in TI connect

4. Paste that cemetech code in the blank program.

Repeat this process for all programs you need to download using the // marked instructions on the post.
john massey wrote:

Repeat this process for all programs you need to download using the // marked instructions on the post.

it would be nice if you could generate the .8xp file, put it in a zip file, and post a link to it here (perhaps hosting the file in the cemetech archives)
john massey wrote:

no I am not using a mac, I agree with rth's post though.
I have two files zipped up. How do I post a link?
I think I know how.
/Users/kylemassey/Desktop/john's ti stuff/test routines/REDUE22.zip

/Users/kylemassey/Desktop/john's ti stuff/test routines/TSTREDU1.zip

These are the zip files. Do I need to add anything to this code like my Email address which is

1johnmassey@gmail.com

Is there enough information you need to do what you want to do?

Would be so kind to tell me how this will benefit you, so that you may possibly bring this issue to closure?
John, if you upload your zip file here in the Beta program folder, we can all download it and work on debugging.

http://www.cemetech.net/programs/upload.php
I need one more file.

/Users/kylemassey/Desktop/john's ti stuff/test routines/MOD22 2.zip

I have an excell file and a word document to make all this work well. May I cut and paste these two documents into a following post

I have looked at this page of the upload.php you referenced and have no idea how to fill this. It would be nice if someone would take over the tiller so this would sail into port with speed and ease.

Otherwise I will need detailed instructions on how to do this.
file://localhost/Users/kylemassey/Desktop/Getting Started.doc
john massey wrote:
file://localhost/Users/kylemassey/Desktop/Getting Started.doc

John, you gave us the path on _your_ local machine; except for you, no one can access that file; You'll need to either upload the file to the Cemetech archives or some other host.

Here's how to use the Upload function:
1) In "First Folder", select "TI83+/TI84+ BASIC Math Programs". Leave the "Second Folder" as "Root".
2) Click on the "Choose File" button beside the text that reads "Upload"
3) Fill in the Title of your Program, and leave a short description
4) Scroll down, and click "Submit"

If you need help, feel free to email the files to me or (presumably) Kerm, and we'd happily upload it for you.
Previous zipped files have been in Mac compatible and can be ignored.

I have sent a number of zipped programs, in pc compatible format to:

http://www.cemetech.net/programs/upload/php

I did get an error message that the above address "does not appear to be a legitimate address" I sent it anyway.

One of these is called "getting started.doc. Would someone be kind enough to see if I am doing this correctly and if so look in "getting started.doc". At the very beginning of it is a list of all the zipped files that you should have received. If the list of zipped files does not match the requirement in" getting started.doc", please advise and I will get it to you in the same manner.

Too soon old, Too late smart. Wink
you cannot directly upload .doc files; everything has to be in a zipped folder. Everything needs to go into 1 zip.

Did this error message come from your browser (Safari?), or from Cemetech itself?

*EDIT*
Grab his code here http://www.cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=file&path=/83plus/basic/math/sendingalltheneededfiles.zip
I am in a PC with XT. I brought up the loacation you gave me and I am totally lost as to what to do? I do not think that this software has a speller. If it does have one please tell me how to find it.

You know how stupid I am so be very clear. I pressed upload MOD22. I hope this is a zipped file with the three tibasic files and the word and excel files. Is that correct?

2. If that is correct I have no idea of how to find the ziped file in the PC, how to unzip it, how to move the word and excell files to the desktop and how to get the three files into the data exitor.

Other than that I am a bundle of knowledge. Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours