I had an idea for some snowy mountains, probably using interiors made to look like mountains, with slopes that you could ski on, and areas for lodges and the like. It could double as a cool DM map. I really don't have much thought out for this. If anybody wants to adopt it, and work on it then that would be great.
mountains have been made just fine with terrain, but an interior, if done right, could look much better. Of course, if it's a large mountain, you also need a large draw-distance to render it if it's an interior...
DShiznit wrote:
mountains have been made just fine with terrain, but an interior, if done right, could look much better. Of course, if it's a large mountain, you also need a large draw-distance to render it if it's an interior...
Yeah, what's wrong with making it a terrain? The original v0002 had skiing and slopes, iirc. Were you thinking interior lodges, brick-styled interior lodges, or actual builds of lodges?
I'm thinking a huge, huge mountain, larger than the terrain repeat. As well, you would build lodges, not have them premade.
You realize that's not going to render at all without a without an ungodly draw distance, unless Elf has done something with interior rendering.
DShiznit wrote:
You realize that's not going to render at all without a without an ungodly draw distance, unless Elf has done something with interior rendering.

I have not.
is it posible to be able to render interiors like a terrain datablock?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours