It's better than the image a radical right-wing anti-abortionist would give you...
DShiznit wrote:
It's better than the image a radical right-wing anti-abortionist would give you...

Rolling Eyes
One thing that ticks me is people who think it's 100% bad. For example, a 13 year old girl gets raped and gets pregnant. Abortion would be a good thing.
Sephiroth wrote:
One thing that ticks me is people who think it's 100% bad. For example, a 13 year old girl gets raped and gets pregnant. Abortion would be a good thing.

Adoption would be a better thing.
Well, think about it. It would be easier on the victim to just have the abortion.
Sephiroth wrote:
Well, think about it. It would be easier on the victim to just have the abortion.

Sure, it's EASIER. It's easy for the victim of sexual abuse to sexually abuse other people too. But that doesn't make it right. The rape victim doesn't have the right to take another person's life, even if she was raped. It's a tragedy, and should never happen in the first place, but killing someone doesn't make what happened to her any more right, and just compounds the wrongs being done.

[edit]

Clarification: I thought it was fairly clear that my point was that "ease" does not make "right" and that being a victim does not justify the victimization of others, but here's an additional heads up.
What about psychological or physical damage to the mother or the baby from bringing it to term? Not stating an opinion, just playing Devil's Advocate here.
That's when doctors should be making a "best effort" to keep both patients in the best possible health.

There's a difference between recognizing that you don't have the resources or ability to help both patients, then making a decision to save the life of the one you think is more likely to make it; and making a decision before hand that you won't be able to save both and deciding to kill one of them right off the bat so you don't have to worry about trying.
I think what you're getting at, and which I agree with, is that the decision itself needs to be taken seriously, and with a lot of thought...
elfprince13 wrote:
Sephiroth wrote:

Adoption would be a better thing.

You want a 13 year old popping a kid out of her vagina? If she thought get raped was bad, she'll be in for a pretty big surprise.
So we should end a human life instead? All options need to be considered and evaluated on an individual basis before coming to that kind of decision. It's not that a 13-year-old rape victim shouldn't be able to get an abortion(in many cases, that would be the only viable option), it just needs to be taken a lot more seriously than it is now.
Warning, only watch if you have a sense of humor. If you get offended, go DIAF.
http://5secondfilms.com/watch/magic_show_volunteer
Kllrnohj wrote:
Warning, only watch if you have a sense of humor. If you get offended, go DIAF.
http://5secondfilms.com/watch/magic_show_volunteer

That was pretty funny especially the ending although they stopped that part pretty quick and I had watch twice to catch it.
lafferjm wrote:
That was pretty funny especially the ending although they stopped that part pretty quick and I had watch twice to catch it.

Did you miss the part about it being a 5 second film? Of course it was pretty quick, they crammed it into 5 seconds.
foamy3 wrote:
You want a 13 year old popping a kid out of her vagina?

No, I don't. But I think that's the better option than killing her kid.
elfprince13 wrote:
foamy3 wrote:

That's why you terminate the pregnancy before it's a kid.
foamy3 wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:
foamy3 wrote:

You know what he meant. Kid == son/daughter
Including those of a fetal nature.
foamy3 wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:
foamy3 wrote:

Is that how you sleep at night? "It's not a kid yet; just because I stopped it from having a chance at life doesn't mean I killed it..."

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 3 of 7
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours