DShiznit wrote:
foamy3 wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:
foamy3 wrote:
You want a 13 year old popping a kid out of her vagina?

No, I don't. But I think that's the better option than killing her kid.

That's why you terminate the pregnancy before it's a kid.

Is that how you sleep at night? "It's not a kid yet; just because I stopped it from having a chance at life doesn't mean I killed it..."

Exactly. Just like when I stopped the rest of my sperm from having a chance at life when I wore a condom.
Millions of my potential children DIED on your daughters face.
foamy3 wrote:
DShiznit wrote:
foamy3 wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:
foamy3 wrote:

Is that how you sleep at night? "It's not a kid yet; just because I stopped it from having a chance at life doesn't mean I killed it..."

Exactly. Just like when I stopped the rest of my sperm from having a chance at life when I wore a condom.

Geez, stop using technicalities. Fetuses are alive. Sperm is not alive. DShiznit was referring to "living life," aka doing stuff.
calc84maniac wrote:
foamy3 wrote:
DShiznit wrote:
foamy3 wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:
foamy3 wrote:

Geez, stop using technicalities. Fetuses are alive. Sperm is not alive. DShiznit was referring to "living life," aka doing stuff.

Calling a fetus 'alive' is a technicality. It was never even born. So you're referring to an unborn baby as 'un-living life?' Sounds a lot like a zombie to me, and last I heard, shotgun-ing zombies in the face was socially acceptable. And I believe most abortion clinics take care of manners in a much less cruel way.
I was not using "living" as an adjective. I use it in the sense one would say, "This is how I am living my life." So DShiznit is saying to give the baby a chance to live his/her life.
What if the baby would be sick, so that he/she could for example never go outside, or never see, smell, taste or feel.

Can you call that life?
calc84maniac wrote:
foamy3 wrote:
DShiznit wrote:
foamy3 wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:
foamy3 wrote:

If a fetus is alive then sperm is alive. Both are independent biological organisms. Both have life. Neither, however, are sentient.
Okay, if I may then further define my terms, I am speaking of human life.

Edit:
And just so we don't go through this word-twisting game again, homo sapiens.
Kllrnohj wrote:
If a fetus is alive then sperm is alive. Both are independent biological organisms. Both have life. Neither, however, are sentient.

Don't be retarded. A sperm is an incomplete cell. A fetus has distinguishable physiological features.

Derp wrote:
What if the baby would be sick, so that he/she could for example never go outside, or never see, smell, taste or feel.

Can you call that life?

Even the Helen Kellers of this world get a chance at life.
I don't think anyone will end up changing their views on this subject, but any excuse to post a clip from Jam:

elfprince13 wrote:
Don't be retarded. A sperm is an incomplete. A fetus has distinguishable physiological features.

Don't be retarded. A fetus still isn't sentient. And by you're definition an fetus is an incomplete as well.
Sperm don't have enough chromosomes. A fetus does. A fetus is complete in the sense that it is technically alive, and genetically distinct from its parents; sperm and eggs are not.
Will_W wrote:
A fetus is complete in the sense that it is technically alive.

Alright Mims, stating your hypothesis a second time doesn't count as a proof that it's true.

When there are independent brain waves, or an independent heartbeat, it is an independent human life. The problem is defining where that life begins, which is why I think we should air on the side of caution.
Or because it is a member of the human species and therefore has intrinsic value.
DShiznit wrote:
When there are independent brain waves, or an independent heartbeat, it is an independent human life. The problem is defining where that life begins, which is why I think we should air on the side of caution.

I agree completely. Terminate the unwanted pregnancy before it causes permanent damage to the mother and before she goes through the rest of her 9 month pregnancy for a child she can't support.
It should only be allowed if either the fetus or mother would die from childbirth, or if the fetus has a defect detected while in the womb.
Killing babies with "defects detected" is like killing off handicapped people. I mean, seriously? >_<

Edit:
Discrimination, that's what it is. You'd think liberals would be all over that one.
Will_W wrote:
Sperm don't have enough chromosomes. A fetus does. A fetus is complete in the sense that it is technically alive, and genetically distinct from its parents; sperm and eggs are not.

Sperm and eggs are absolutely alive. You keep saying they aren't, but they most certainly are. Chromosomes are not essential to life. They are essential to HUMAN life, but they are not essential to life.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 4 of 7
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours