http://www.mediafire.com/?gzhnvbyayjo

Feel free to use any and all of these. Most of them are models made entirely by me, and a few are extensive modifications to existing models(like the improved cap, skinnable afro, and way way waaaaay improved lightsabers). Please replace what models you're still using with one's I've improved upon, especially the lightsaber and cap. The existing ones are embarrassing.
Thank you! This is a great art resource Smile
how much better are the lightsabers? are they the same in 2.0 or like one's we haven't see yet?
They're the ones in 2.0. Also, I forgot like 3 models, so I'll have to get them packaged up and post them too...
Here are the models I forgot. There were actually a bunch. I also included all the source ms3d's I could find:

http://www.mediafire.com/?uojd2mlmwtc

Please use my improved Saruman Staff, which is scaled to fit in the minifig's hand like an actual lego or megablocks piece.
DShiznit wrote:
http://www.mediafire.com/?gzhnvbyayjo

Feel free to use any and all of these. Most of them are models made entirely by me, and a few are extensive modifications to existing models(like the improved cap, skinnable afro, and way way waaaaay improved lightsabers). Please replace what models you're still using with one's I've improved upon, especially the lightsaber and cap. The existing ones are embarrassing.

OMG My green cap will look like it used to Smile
Very cool, DShiznit. This is the kind of input we are looking for Smile
OH, there's also a fully rigged and animated lego horse in there.
Very cool. I am going to start implementing these today.

EDIT: Would you mind giving a description as to what all these files are for? A few have very cryptic file names. Also, is there any scripting that needs to accompany these files? I would assume there is for the horse and whatnot.
I never did any scripting for the horse, it has a root and run animation in the dts and a mount0 for a driver. You or elfprince would have to figure out how you'd want to implement that. I tried just making the horse a spawnable player datablock, but I couldn't mount it. Elf already did an animated dragon vehicle, so scripting the horse's run animation shouldn't be a problem for him if he wants to make it a vehicles.

I think by Cryptic filenames, you're referring to the M82 or the PPK? those are mostly guns. The dynamite has a regular model for mounting in the player's hand, and a mount model for mounting to someone's face or to a brick for a timed explosive charge. The Molotov cocktail model has a regular for mounting to the player, and pro(projectile) model for when it's thrown.
Alright, but what's tommy2 and where is the staff replacement?
Tommy2 is a tommy gun, and the staff replacement has the same name as the old staff "SarumanStaff.dts".

There's also a staff.ms3d if you want to tweak it yourself.
there is no "SarumanStaff.dts".
It's between revolver.ms3d and shotgun.dts if you have everything arranged alphabetically.
there's nothing but .dts and .png files in that zip, and certainly no revolver.ms3d.
Cyber, did you look at both .zips? I haven't investigated too carefully yet, other than saving them, and glancing through the file names of the first and playing around with the lightsaber model a little, but he did link to 2 .zips.
Ah, indeed, I completely forgot about the second post that could have been merged.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours