In a post from Kerm:

"If you upload and save your programs in SourseCoder 2.0, then select each one and Click Permission Selected, you can allow"Anyone" to view the programs; save, post the link here, and we can all view the code. Even better,if you link it to here, the Source Coder bot can post any edits to this topic automatically."

I got this far in the process

1. Go to cemetech.net
2. Open projects
3. Click on SourceCoder2.0
4. Click on Project page
5. Upload // I just have a single program. It has a 8xp extension
6. Click on Parse file
7. Click on Permission Selected// Here I allowed "Anyone" to look and modify the code.
8. Kerm says save. Where do I save my program? Do I "save as" I assumed on my Mac. If not, please advise
9. How do I "post the link here" ? Please keep the very specific numbers coming.

I also understand from others, that interested parties can download my program to their calculators. Is that true?
ok, I will try to answer the best that I can.

1-6 are correct
or click on this link www.sc.cemetech.net
7. click on edit
8. at the top click "Save to my Projects"
9. go back to main page (1-6 again) or www.sc.cemetech.net
10. click on "File Permisions"
11. choose anyone for both drop down boxes
12. choose "Apply Permissions"
I'm sorry I don't know how to post the link
And yes, if you make both boxes say "Anyone" people can edit it.
Does step nine apply if I just have one program?
yes, I tried this on my own with one program and had to do this.
Here's an example of the XPI link.

http://www.cemetech.net/projects/basicelite/sourcecoder2.php?xpi=411dee9cc358664d581f4c2a80eb280e

So after _player's step 12:

13. In the list of your projects, Open the one you want to post.
14. Click Save to my Projects
15. Highlight the XPI link and post it here
EXAMPLE
KermMartian has just edited this program. The source code now reads:
BASIC Code wrote:
:Disp "THIS IS AN EX-
:Disp "AMPLE PROGRAM
:Pause
:Disp "HERE IS Kerm'S
:Disp "LATEST ADDITION
Generated by SourceCoder, © 2005 Cemetech
This is an automatic post from SourceCoder 2. Report abuse to admin@cemetech.net . You can disable these posts by unchecking the "Post on Update" box in the file's permissions.
I want to able to tell the programmer what is happening in my program. I added some Text that I cut and pasted from Word at the bottom of my code. The code was not effected by that addition. Does this meet the .8xp definition?
I have assembled all your posts to make a single list

1. Go to cemetech.net
2. Open projects
3. Click on SourceCoder2.0
4. Click on Project page
5. Upload // I just have a single program. It has a 8xp extension
6. Click on Parse file

or click on this link www.sc.cemetech.net
7. click on edit
8. at the top click "Save to my Projects"
9. go back to main page (1-6 again) or www.sc.cemetech.net
10. click on "File Permisions"
11. choose anyone for both drop down boxes
12. choose "Apply Permissions"
13. In the list of your projects, Open the one you want to post.
14. Click Save to my Projects
15. Highlight the XPI link and post it here

I believe that the list should read
I. go to www.sc.cemetech.net
2. Upload my program
3. click on Parse file
3. Click on edit//I am running on a MAC there is no "Save to my projects"in edit if I edit from Cemetech.

Is there some way to get this working quickly. I can certainly send an email to anyone with my code in .8xp format and have them do that.

You can communicate with me directly at 1johnmassey@gmail.com
After a sleepless night, I wondered if these instructions were written for windows users.

I am a Mac user. Any Mac users out there that can get me out of my predicament? Wink
john massey wrote:
After a sleepless night, I wondered if these instructions were written for windows users.

I am a Mac user. Any Mac users out there that can get me out of my predicament? Wink
It shouldn't really matter, SourceCoder 2 is a webapp, and appears the same on all operating systems.

1. Go to http://sc.cemetech.net
2. Upload my program
3. Click on "Parse File"
4. Expand the file using the down-pointing arrow, then click Edit
5. Click "Save to My Projects"
6. Return to http://sc.cemetech.net
7. Select the radio button next to the filename of the program you just uploaded, click "Permission Selected"
8. Select "Yes" or "OK" to "Are you sure?"
9. Under "Allow to View", select "Anyone", and under "Allow to Edit", select "Anyone"
10. Click "Apply Permissions"
11. Select the radio buttong next to the filename of the program you just permissioned, and select "Open Selected"
12. Select "Yes" or "OK" to "Are you sure?"
13. Click "Save to My Projects"
14. Copy the "Quick Link' and copy-paste it to here
Kerm,
This list is very good. I am just a beginner by your standards. May I be so bold as to suggest that with your knowledge and my lack of knowledge, that this list is making this much less of a problem? Might this list be made available to the untold number of beginners? Smile

I got through step 13 & copied the "quick link" and some how lost it. Further I do not what you meant in line 14
Copy the "Quick Link" and paste it to here.

I am confused about what "here" is. Do you mean Open a new topic? where does the quick link go in that post.

Is there a way that I can recover to the last step prior to improperly pasteing? Laughing
Haha, hardly; I think it reflects less on your lack of experience that you're having troubles with it than that I didn't design a very intuitive interface to SourceCoder 2. Smile Anywho, here's how to recover to where you were.

1. Return to http://sc.cemetech.net
2. Select the radio buttong next to the filename of the program you just permissioned, and select "Open Selected"
3. Select "Yes" or "OK" to "Are you sure?"
4. Click "Save to My Projects"
5. A new box should appear labeled "Quick Link", containing a url.
5. Select the URL and copy it, then make a reply in this thread; in your reply, paste the URL.
In your step Five I copied the URl, how do I "make a reply in(you wrote tihs) I think you meant"this" thread"

How do I make a reply in this thread. Where in the reply do I post the thread will it be obvious to me.
john massey wrote:
In your step Five I copied the URl, how do I "make a reply in(you wrote tihs) I think you meant"this" thread"

How do I make a reply in this thread. Where in the reply do I post the thread will it be obvious to me.
Anywhere, it's just a link (and I also noticed my typo and corrected it before you posted. Smile ). When you click Reply and type out your post, just paste the Quick Link anywhere in the post, for example the beginning, the end, or even as the only text in the post.
like this http://www.cemetech.net/projects/basicelite/sourcecoder2.php?xpi=83ae65a3c18e7b06ada1771aee18c2c1
TheStorm wrote:
And now, I clicked his link. It brought me to some source code, so now I will edit the source code. I found a few problems (actually my fault, because SourceCoder decided to store his program with the intentation intact), so I edited and saved.
LIGHTNG
KermMartian has just edited this program. The source code now reads:
BASIC Code wrote:
::DCS6
:"FFFFA021B58BB52B802BFFEFC7DFD7DF45DFABEFC7F7EFF7EFF7EFEFD7ABBBC7"
::A
:θINVERT
::
:" 0123456789ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz.?!→Str1
:33→dim(∟LHS
:If not(∟LHS(1
:{3,31,19,16,30,31,26,29,24,1,66,2,31,19,16,30,31,26,29,24,1,66,1,31,19,16,30,31,26,29,24,1,66→∟LHS
:StoreGDB 1
:ClrDraw
:AxesOff
:0→XMin
:94→XMax
:0→YMin
:62→YMax
:For(A,0,62
:Horizontal(A
:End
:StorePic 1
:Lbl C
:DelVar SDelVar DRecallPic 1
:Asm(prgmθINVERT
:Text(‾1,8,6,"LIGHTNING v2.5
:Line(6,46,88,46,0
:Text(17,25,"BY THESTORM
:Text(‾1,27,6,"1- PLAY
:Text(‾1,35,6,"2- WATCH
:Text(‾1,43,6,"3- SCORES
:Text(‾1,51,6,"4- EXIT
:{83,82,81,81,81,81,82,83,83,83,83,83,83,82,81,80,79,78,78,78,78,79,80,81,82,83,83,83,83,82,81,80,81,82,83,82,81,80,79,78,77,78,79,80,79,78,77,78,79,80,81,82,83,82,81,80,80,80,80,79,78,77→[]
:For(N,0,61
:Pxl-Off(N,[](N+1
:DelVar []
:Lbl Z
:Repeat Ans
:getKey
:Ans→K
:If K=92
:Goto 1
:If K=93
:Goto 2
:If K=94
:Goto 4
:If K=82 or K=45 or K=22
:Goto 3
:Goto Z
:Lbl 4
:RecallPic 1
:Text(‾1,8,10,"LIGHTNIN v2.5
:Text(‾1,16,16,"HIGH SCORES
:Line(6,38,88,38,0
:" →Str2
:For(A,2,11
:∟LHS(A→B
:If B=0
:1→B
:Str2+(sub(Str1,B,1→Str2
:Text(‾1,28,4,Str2," ",∟LHS(1
:" →Str3
:For(A,13,22
:Str3+(sub(Str1,B,1→Str3
:Text(‾1,38,4,Str3," ",∟LHS(12
:" →Str4
:For(A,24,33
:Str4+(sub(Str1,B,1→Str4
:Text(‾1,48,4,Str4," ",∟LHS(23
:DelVar Str2DelVar Str3DelVar Str4Goto C
:Lbl 1
:1→D
:Lbl 2
:DelVar L47→P
:Repeat getKey=45 or L
:RecallPic 1
:(P-8(S>6))D+randInt(12,82)not(D→G
:(P+8(S>6))D+randInt(12,82)not(D→F
:randInt(0,2→O
:2+iPart((S/3)D+not(D→E
:If not(L
:Then
:For(V,62,0,‾E
:randInt(‾1,1→A
:G+EA(G+EA>0 and G+EA<95→W
:Line(G,V+E,W,V,0
:W→G
:If (S>6)D or not(D)(O=2
:randInt(‾1,1→B
:F+EB(F+EB>0 and F+EB<95→U
:Line(F,V+E,U,V,0
:U→F
:If D
:getKey→K
:If K=26 or K=24 or V≥60
:P→M
:P+2(K=26 and P<91)-(K=24 and P>3→P
:Pt-On(M,10,2:Line(M,9,M,3:Line(M+1,6,M+3,8:Line(M-1,6,M-3,8:Line(M-1,2,M-3,0:Line(M+1,2,M+3,0
:Pt-Off(P,10,2:Line(P,9,P,3,0:Line(P+1,6,P+3,8,0:Line(P-1,6,P-3,8,0:Line(P-1,2,P-3,0,0:Line(P+1,2,P+3,0,0
:V→Z
:If D(V≤13 and (abs(P-G)≤5 or (S>6 and abs(P-F)≤5))) or K=45
:1→L
:‾1→V
:If (6<S)D or not(D)(O=2
:For(A,1,2
:Line(G+1,Z+1,G+3,Z+3,0:Line(G-1,Z+1,G-3,Z+3,0:Line(G-3,Z,G-4,Z+1,0:Line(G+3,Z,G+4,Z+1,0
:F→G
:If (6<S)D or not(D)(O=2
:StorePic 2
:RecallPic 2
:If not(L
:S+1→S
:If D
:If S>∟LHS(23
:ClrHome
:DispGraph
:Disp
:Disp "","   High Score","   Enter Name
:Repeat 11>length(Str2
:Input "   ",Str2
:If 10<length(Str2
:Output(2,4," To Long  
:For(A,1,length(Str2
:0→[](1
:inString(Str1,sub(Str2,A,1→[](A+1
:11→dim([]
:S→[](1
:{∟LHS(1),∟LHS(2),∟LHS(3),∟LHS(4),∟LHS(5),∟LHS(6),∟LHS(7),∟LHS(8),∟LHS(9),∟LHS(10),∟LHS(11→[]
:{∟LHS(12),∟LHS(13),∟LHS(14),∟LHS(15),∟LHS(16),∟LHS(17),∟LHS(18),∟LHS(19),∟LHS(20),∟LHS(21),∟LHS(22→[]
:If S>[](1
:augment([],[]→∟LHS
:augment(∟LHS,[]→∟LHS
:Else
:If S>[](1
:If S>∟LHS(23
:ClrHome
:DelVar []DelVar []DelVar []
:Text(15,24," Ha Ha You Lose!
:Text(23,25," Your Score= ",S
:Goto 4
:Lbl 3
:RecallGDB 1
:DelVar []DelVar []DelVar Str1DelVar []
Generated by SourceCoder, © 2005 Cemetech
This is an automatic post from SourceCoder 2. Report abuse to admin@cemetech.net . You can disable these posts by unchecking the "Post on Update" box in the file's permissions.
I have the URL saved.
I am am now in "this thread". correct?
I am also in "my reply", correct?

I am really doing something stupid because I am loosing the URL someplace along the line.
john massey wrote:
I have the URL saved.
I am am now in "this thread". correct?
I am also in "my reply", correct?

I am really doing something stupid because I am loosing the URL someplace along the line.
That's correct, you are in this thread and you replied in this thread. Now, paste the URL from your clipboard in your next post.

You may have to copy (COMMAND+C) it again then paste it in your post (COMMAND+V).
I have opened a post called "Test Regression program."
I tried COMMAND C and COMMAND V with out effect. Do I highlight the URL and then COMMAND C. and then do COMMAN V in the post? I did not do that. I did them both in the post.

I still cannot get the URL installed in the a Post below it. How would I know that the URL arrived. I think that I would see that long string of stuff that I copied , correct? Then when I clicked on it, it would send me back to SourceCoder 2.0, correct? There is that little keyboard. I guess users would use their pointer to make changes to the code. Very nice.

I certainly need some superior brain power working on this.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours