- Freebuild devs, do yourself a favor and actually play TOB. We've made MASSIVE modifications to the weapons, vehicles, etc. that are all for the better, and they are not present in the Freebuild SVN at the moment. Please just play TOB to see what we've done and implement the good features in Freebuild.

- Staff of Power occasionally crashes you if you shoot it at your feet in first person mode (some light mesh error or something, I'll update when I remember the exact message)

- KermCave will not light, get black screen freeze at 50%

- Some crappy default keymaps:
- Alt-E for Editor Menu sucks, change it to Mousewheel.
- B for entering vehicles sucks, change it to enter.

- Audio in general is (sorry) awful. Clicking/popping, uneven audio quality (although great job on the dragon), etc. all need to go,

I'll edit to post more if I find it.
Moogle (Death) wrote:
- Freebuild devs, do yourself a favor and actually play TOB. We've made MASSIVE modifications to the weapons, vehicles, etc. that are all for the better, and they are not present in the Freebuild SVN at the moment. Please just play TOB to see what we've done and implement the good features in Freebuild.

We're not putting any further effort into weapons and vehicles until LDraw is working.

Quote:
Staff of Power occasionally crashes you if you shoot it at your feet in first person mode (some light mesh error or something, I'll update when I remember the exact message)

Thanks. I'll look into it.

Quote:
- KermCave will not light, get black screen freeze at 50%

It doesn't freeze. You just need to be willing to wait (with FreeBuild in the foreground. Torque slows down to avoid bogging up your CPU when it's in the background). It's a HUGE lightmap. It takes around 30-40 seconds on my 2.5Ghz machine.

Quote:
- Some crappy default keymaps:
- Alt-E for Editor Menu sucks, change it to Mousewheel.
- B for entering vehicles sucks, change it to enter.

Change yours, and save them to some named mapping that you like. The feature is built in. Feel free to post your bindings here for other people to use (pastebin is good for this).

Quote:
Audio in general is (sorry) awful. Clicking/popping, uneven audio quality (although great job on the dragon), etc. all need to go

Sound effects aren't exactly at the top of the priority list. I converted all the .wav's to .ogg's to save space, but some of them were corrupted to begin with, so it added some weird pop's. Feel free to post suggested replacements if you can find a creative commons licensed sound effects repository, or synth some yourself though.
KermCave still crashes, I let it sit for 5 minutes at that black screen and nothing loaded.

EDIT: Guess this last update fixed it, but it took 2 minutes ._.
can you post any error messages?
As far as sound goes, why don't you just use the identical sound files from TOB? They're better quality and not corrupted.

Also, error with water. If you rise out of the water while crouching, you become crouched by default and have to go back to normal with the crouch(); console command.
Moogle (Death) wrote:
As far as sound goes, why don't you just use the identical sound files from TOB? They're better quality and not corrupted.

Laziness, most likely.

Moodle (Death) wrote:
Also, error with water. If you rise out of the water while crouching, you become crouched by default and have to go back to normal with the crouch(); console command.

I've noticed this. Also, you end up a paraplegic if you're spaceship explodes while you're in it. And you can phase vertically through surfaces.
-.- laziness seems to plague a lot of people involved with TBM/TBG. Not to say you guys haven't turned water into wine, I am still in awe of your work on TBG.

Fine, I'll upload the replacement files myself.
Moogle (Death) wrote:
-.- laziness seems to plague a lot of people involved with TBM/TBG. Not to say you guys haven't turned water into wine, I am still in awe of your work on TBG.

What would be even better, if you would like to help, would be to convert them all to ogg, make sure they don't crackle, then zip + upload them.

And honestly, it's not so much laziness as prioritizing.
elfprince13 wrote:
I've noticed this. Also, you end up a paraplegic if you're spaceship explodes while you're in it.

I see no problem with this feature. Cool
elfprince13 wrote:
Moogle (Death) wrote:

What would be even better, if you would like to help, would be to convert them all to ogg, make sure they don't crackle, then zip + upload them.

And honestly, it's not so much laziness as prioritizing.
And he's not just talking prioritizing features, either, he's talking prioritizing FB, his schoolwork, his girlfriend, and his family.

Edit: I'm surprised this update of KermCave worked better for you, since it's even more complex than previous versions.
KermMartian wrote:
he's talking prioritizing FB, his schoolwork, his girlfriend, and his family.

you left out my research job :p , and CyberPrime is of course in the midst of college applications. The point is, it's not that we don't want great sound, it's that we want to get you guys something that's at least *reasonably* playable and works well. You're all more or less capable of sticking in sound effects files, and we know that. We're trying to do the stuff that you guys won't or can't do if left to your own devices. I spent my entire day off today fixing memory leaks in Torque, profiling the CPU hogging functions, and investigating Vertex Buffer Objects for you guys (because without those all the rest of the framerate issues together are completely negligible). If someone takes the time to pack up a whole pile of sound effects for us in a nice format (.ogg), of COURSE we'll use it, and if you're helpful enough on a regular basis without too much supervision, we'll probably even give you commit access to the repository and teach you how to do things on your own (Lucas, for example, did some heroic work with the datablocks). And we really do like feedback on what's working, and what's not, but please understand why what seem like little annoying bugs will occasionally go unfixed for a long time if nobody steps forward to offer a fix.
My collated bitching and moaning.

-Edit, as of 9:11pm-
=When I remapped the spec. options menu (originally alt+e) to middle mouse button, it can't be closed with that button, only with the x.
This raises my ire, as I frequently flick that on and off when building.

=The hats shouldn't appear in 1st person POV. This never looked fun with it flicking on and off the screen as you look up and down, it can get a bit epileptic when you move around fast :/.

=I'm not going to lie. The texture on the new flatmap is shocking, and utterly unconvincing. Its like a peculiarly infective strain of green felt jumped off the hat of a visiting Irishman and ate all the grass.

=There is limitations on the combinations with special additions on the player options menu. I'd like to be able to use a triplume with a wizard hat. It looks spiffy and there really isn't a reason such limits exist. :<

=The player modification screen has numerous glitches.
1) White from decals doesn't display there.
2) Player models don't color.

You may be aware of a number of these. Just what I found on my first play through.
I can't say it enough, please use this: https://tbg.bountysource.com/development/bug_report if you really want to make sure we have a nice easy to remember list of bugs.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours