Rotate Around Point Switches; That is, a switch that rotates bricks around a selected brick, rather than on each brick’s own axis, so the overall effect is comparable to that done by the igob sphere, allowing for rotating rooms, etc. That would open up huge possibilities.

I'd love to make a spinning fortress.
https://tbg.bountysource.com/task/show/2404

I stuck Calc-y on the job, since he's most familiar with rotation, and I'm pretty sure it's something that shouldn't take him too long. It's likely however that this is something that should wait until the LDraw support (and it's ability to group bricks into submodels) is complete.
elfprince13 wrote:
https://tbg.bountysource.com/task/show/2404

I stuck Calc-y on the job, since he's most familiar with rotation, and I'm pretty sure it's something that shouldn't take him too long. It's likely however that this is something that should wait until the LDraw support (and it's ability to group bricks into submodels) is complete.

I'm too lazy to write anything so I paste great images instead.
The math behind it is of course relatively trivial but a pain in the neck in Torque's coordinate system; if calc doesn't get a chance to look at it, I'd be happy to do so.
KermMartian wrote:
The math behind it is of course relatively trivial but a pain in the neck in Torque's coordinate system; if calc doesn't get a chance to look at it, I'd be happy to do so.
It's perfectly simple in Torque's coordinate system (use a Matrix multiply or two and you've got it)

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours