My father introduced me to league of legends and got me to make a account
he told me that if I'm going to pick 2 words for my username that I capitalise the first letter of both words
normally I pick the username from when I was like 10 "chrisiscool" and I wasn't going to do that in fact it hasn't crossed my mind then. I wanted a username that spoke for itself something that said "thelegend27" I think I was going to pick "TheLegend" unfortunately it was taken and I did this for some time like 10 minutes until I decided that I just want to play and picked "SeeGreatness" ever since then I have used the username and I still stick with it

http://tinyurl.com/zscebsw
https://plus.google.com/u/0/104809048617460017778
https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/ucp.php?sid=8d768d39ef8c8080507f1593d693d28e
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnav37Et0hIZdHwOlIl5QVQ
https://www.instagram.com/seegreatness/
http://minecrafthub.com/user/SeeGreatness
https://minecraft.net/en-us/profile/?ref=bm#/?_k=tap8sw
I forgot to do this thing...

My name begins with the classic "prgm" token on the Ti graphing calcs, and ends with "Trouble" cuz I was bad at assembly.

The avatar is the instantly recognizable warning triangle. Go figure.
My name is my first and last initial plus the type of calc I have
"SM"+"84CE"=SM84CE

My avatar is a Mint colored TI-84 Plus CE, like the one I have. I wanted the screenshot with the calc running Cesium, but my skillz aren't really good.
0x5, I thought you named yourself after Super Mario 84 CE Razz
I understood the 84CE part, but I assumed SM was "TI" in some other language, which is a weird assumption to make. (It doesn't change, despite the language...)
hehe, TheLastMillennial's interpretation made more sense. Weirdly, when I first got a graphing calc, I had no idea that we could put games on them, let alone shells **cough**DoorsCE and Cesium
I started out as "calcvids", a name for a YouTube channel where I would upload videos of my then-poorly-written programs doing things. Since 12-year-old me didn't have another username to use, that one stuck for most of my online activities. After three or so years, I abbreviated that to "CVSoft", which doesn't sound nearly as lame. Around that time I also started using "notipa" as a name that wasn't "CVSoft", and began using that for all things that didn't involve programming or RF. As I started venturing out into EFnet, I switched my IRC name to "notipa". So by now, I use "notipa" for most things. For RF-related things, I use my ham radio callsign, and for a few things (such as GitHub and calculator forums) I keep using CVSoft.

As for my avatar, well, it's an avatar.
CVSoft wrote:
I started out as "calcvids", a name for a YouTube channel where I would upload videos of my then-poorly-written programs doing things. Since 12-year-old me didn't have another username to use, that one stuck for most of my online activities. After three or so years, I abbreviated that to "CVSoft", which doesn't sound nearly as lame. Around that time I also started using "notipa" as a name that wasn't "CVSoft", and began using that for all things that didn't involve programming or RF. As I started venturing out into EFnet, I switched my IRC name to "notipa". So by now, I use "notipa" for most things. For RF-related things, I use my ham radio callsign, and for a few things (such as GitHub and calculator forums) I keep using CVSoft.

As for my avatar, well, it's an avatar.

Didnt know CVSoft was a notipa Shock
I was registering for a game and I wanted John, but it said "that username is taken, how about John35588? So I went with it.

Where did TheLastMillenial come from?
TheLastMillennial wrote:
My username was a well thought out name that took several weeks to choose. I liked the term 'millennial' and one day I read a Wikipedia page that said that a millennial was born form the mid 90's to the early 2000's. And my birthday is late in the early 2000's so I thought "hey, I am the last millennial, I think I like that name!" so voila, here it is.

And unless you were in a coma in 2007 and 2011, you know what my profile picture is. Razz

Very Happy

EDIT: Does this ring a bell?
Well then, I must have been in a coma, because all I see in that picture is a piece of cake! Smile
hehe, in 2007-2011, I did not know what a graphing or scientific calc was!!

EDIT: Now it does!!
Ah, that makes sense, I knew I had seen that somewhere! Very Happy Very Happy
remember how in portal 2 the main character was in a coma for an eternity?
Okay, so I've had the online name of "Michael2_3B" for quite a while. I first created it when I bought Minecraft about 6ish years ago, and have kept it ever since. As can be guessed, Michael is my first name. "B" is my last initial. And the "2_3" comes from what used to be the last 2 digits of my school id.

If you don't know this, I also go by "MichaelB" on IRC.
I just realized I never did this.

My username comes from my old sport I play; Lacrosse or LAX for short. 18 is my favorite/lucky number so I stuck it on the end.

As for my picture, its just a simple, abstract image that represents coding, the only thing I do.
Now for the origins of my nickname. The gter part comes from random keyboard mashing when I was naming a file in 1st grade. It stuck. jc are my initials, and the 777 is just my lucky number. My avatar used to be a gold CE that I originally wanted, but I changed it to :P because that's what I use way too much.
Well, my avatar is (currently) a Dust Puppy from userfriendly.org, an old IT webcomic.
He's a very smart dust ball living in a server Razz

And my nickname, SopaXorzTaker consists of three parts.

Sopa originates from the notorious "Stop Online Piracy Act", which I opposed, of course.
Xorz is perhaps originating from something called BasiEgaXorz, a BASIC compiler for the Sega Genesis (I loved that program).
Taker is probably related to the way I used to misspell "Woody Woodpecker" when I was small.

That nick originated somewhere in late 2011 -- early 2013.
I'm a guy that uses command blocks.
I think I'll post the evolution of my avatar here, because it's technically an evolution

For quite a while (23 Oct 2016 -> 21 Feb 2017) I didn't have an avatar, so it was the cemetech default avatar. The main cause of this was just laziness, I could have made my own if I wanted, but it'd be nowhere near as good as it is now.

My second avatar (21 Feb 2017 -> 22 Apr 2018) was done by Pieman7373, and it's absolutely fantastic. It's recognizable, clean, and represents my username well Smile

After browsing numerous profiles and organizations on Github, I decided that I really liked the look of a simple, clean 32x32 pixelated avatar. I downscaled the avatar that I had before, removed the "_iPhoenix_" at the top, the feathering in the wings, and modified the color palette. I love my avatar, and I think it looks awesome. This has been my avatar since April 22, 2018, and I don't plan on changing it too much.

As a side note, the black I used for the background of the avatar wasn't really black, so when I went to add a border (I scaled the 32x32 image up to 64x64, but avatar size is 80x80), I used the actual black. So there's a bit of a band around the image, and I can't be bothered to fix it.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 6 of 8
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours