My username is one I've been using on a few accounts. I originally made it because I liked Transformers (1st Gen) and I liked replacing the "H" in my name with an "X". My profile picture, on the other hand, is from an indie puzzle game called FEZ that has been one of the most difficult to 100% (I guess I should say 209.4%), so definitely give it a try if you like puzzle games.

Also, most of my other accounts use PortalUserNoah as the username because of the game Portal.

Also ALSO, I got back into playing an MMO called Spiral Knights recently, which I haven't played since some point in 2012-2013. I picked the name Lostglaceon for my new character which I hope people know what that's from.

Sorry if that was a lot. Razz

EDIT: Just changed my profile picture to a character (who I will not spoil the name of) from Cave Story.

Recreated it in Piskel, if anyone is curious. Smile
I have updated my profile picture. Let me know if you figure out what it means.

Edit/Hint: A calculator or the toolchain is involved in one part of the decoding process.
commandblockguy wrote:
I have updated my profile picture. Let me know if you figure out what it means.

From left to right, the colors are (roughly):

Code:
#51699E
#51AAAE

But I've no idea what this means.

Turned counterclockwise once, your avatar is (abstractly) a grassy hill/cliff that looks out onto an ocean or body of water...
I made up "CerebralDatabank" when creating my Google account. I know a lot of random facts (and words, see https://cerebraldatabank.neocities.org/cool_webpages/sesquipedalianism.html), so my username means that my brain is a databank.

My logo, the CerebralDatabank™ Perspective Cube™ is a cube viewed from a certain perspective.
You can see it at: https://cerebraldatabank.neocities.org/ (on the left of the "CerebralDatabank's Website" heading)

For your perusal, here are some random facts I've memorized:

- The speed of light is 299,792,458 m/s.
- The official definition of a meter is the length of the path travelled by light in a vacuum during a time interval of 1/299,792,458 of a second.
- In any given second, 6 million people have pressed their spacebar. Since it takes about 1/10 of a second to press a spacebar, whenever you press your spacebar, 600,000 people also pressed their spacebar at the same time that you did.
- The circular DC port found in cars is called a "cigarette lighter receptacle".
- In most cases, printer ink is more expensive than human blood.
- Q-Tips used to be called "Baby Gays" (and also dipped in boric acid).
- Cap'n Crunch's full name is Horatio Magellan Crunch.
- In Japan, there are vending machines for random girls' phone numbers.
- "Triskaidekaphobia" is the fear of the number 13.
- "Hippopotomonstrososesquipedaliophobia" is the fear of long words.
- "Arachibutyrophobia" is the fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of the mouth.

And finally, my personal favorite:
- The official SI definition of the second is the duration of 9,192,631,770 periods of the radiation corresponding to the transition between the two hyperfine levels of the ground state of the cesium-133 atom.

All of my random facts (not all ones I've memorized) are here:
https://cerebraldatabank.neocities.org/database/
I chose Space Force Cadet because 'MERICA
Oh, I thought your name referred to

Disappointed. Bad Idea
Ha! Didn't even think of that old game! Oh, the memories of being bored in computer class. Very Happy
Fun Fact: I designed my avatar the day Trump announced the Space Force. I laughed at it, but of course deep down I want to join.
Well, it looks like this topic is bumped every 2-3 years, and I think that it's time for another bump to include the new members (including me Razz )
My name, TIny_Hacker, is because I program TI calculators. I put the TI into TIny (tiny) since I've been programming calculators since I first got a TI-83 back when I was 8. The Hacker part is because I "Hack" calculators (though you can't do much hacking in TI-Basic, which is all I'm decent at)
My avatar is a Mario Mushroom since I love Super Mario (especially the old games), and the mushrooom power-up is my favorite "character" though for real characters I like te Goomba.
My username, veevyo, is a combination of "Veev," a real-life nickname I held from 2015 to 2016, and "yo," a greeting.

My profile picture is a screenshot of Cirno from Memories of Phantasm, a doujin anime based on a popular series of PC shoot-em-ups, Touhou.
My name used to be KaluWolf, "Kalu[W]" being a name I created because it sounded cool and "wolf" because wolves are cool. Then I shortened it to "KaluW_" because I thought KaluWolf sounded slightly childish.

My avatar is Mikasa Ackerman from my favorite anime series "Attack on Titan."
Most people probably know this, but The Knights Who Say Ni are characters from "Monty Python and the Holy Grail". (Amazing movie, please watch). Spoiler Alert, they ask for a shrubbery. So I've used this one shrub picture for as long as I can remember.

Btw see signature for quote.
Oh hey, I didn't know this thread existed. Guess I should give it a go.

My avatar is pretty straightforward given the username. As for the username, the two letters are my initials (what they stand for, well...).

The numbers are basically random: the first time I ever created a username was to play on the famous 2000s/2010s browser game Poptropica, intending to use the digits of my birthday. But, as fate would have it, that username was already taken; Poptropica then suggested some alternative usernames, "kg583" among them. I thought it had a nice ring to it, what with its assonance and bit of bounce when you say it digit-for-digit ("five eight three" instead of "five eighty-three"). It has stuck since, as I can only think of two services where it was (somehow) already in use before I arrived.
kg583 wrote:
("five eight three" instead of "five eighty-three")

I'm still going to say five eighty three, it has a nice swing pattern to it, i.e.
The earliest username I remember having was number10099 on Roblox. I chose this because (being 10 at the time), I was number 1. Unsurprisingly that username (number1) was taken. But I was willing to settle for being number 10. Then I just added digits until it worked.

The next username I chose was GuyDoodles. I chose this because I saw an example username that was a consolidation of two words, so I decided to pick whatever two words came to mind first.

Now I have the username Nomkid, which I am happy with. I even have a logo to go with it!
I designed the logo myself in GIMP. I used guides and the path tool to create an N, and – not knowing how paths work – hit enter and clicked stroke path. The result is what you see above, but with an uglier gradient. After a while, and a lot of complaints in DMs, I changed the gradient to the softer more pleasant one I use today.

The username itself was just me mistyping “no kidding” (hitting M instead of spacebar), and hitting enter too early by accident. Then people started calling me “Nomkid” on Discord to tease me, but it stuck. I created another profile picture before that one, which was what I drew in MS Paint when I started embracing the nickname “Nomkid”.
My username is a small satire.
"COVID" rhymes well with my real name "DAVID"
I hope my name doesn't remind you too much of unhappy things,
such as the loss of a family member by COVID-19.

And my avatar image itself is the "D" in the logo of my favourite band "AC↯DC"
My name was my old club penguin account name.
I picked it becuase i made the account in a beach house, and wavejumper, wavejumper1 and wavejumper2 were taken.
My profile on discord is a drawing i drew.
I dont think i have a picture here yet.
I made up the username "TaterTomorrow" because I was a "potatoes are funny 0x5 xD" person for a long time. The "Tomorrow" part of the name is just to make a cool alliteration. Another choice was "TexanTater" but that didn't feel right to say. The only reason I stuck to this name is that I made up a catchphrase that sounded perfect: Tuber Today, Tater Tomorrow.
As for my profile picture, I am a potato. A potato who really loves rainbows. I love rainbows so much that I am actually Cemetech's Official (Unofficial) Unicorn and Rainbow Enthusiast. Yes, that is a real title. Would have had a rainbow as the background but the colors clashed a little bit with the foreground.
My username is theRad2 because my first account name theRad1 on here says it’s not in use when I do forgot password and I can’t use the same email because it’s being used by therad1??? Anyway I chose that because I’m rad. My profile pic used to be the impossible cube... because why not. right now I have a tesseract because of course 4d is cool Razz
My name is Firepup650 in a reference to my dad, who was nicknamed "fire hound" while on the fire department. I chose Firepup650 because he is firehound450. My profile pic just shows my love for the legend of zelda series.
Note: my username is intended to be pronounced as fire pup six fifty
My username is the same one I've had on Scratch since 2015, with the "Oxiti" part being the name of an imaginary car company I wanted to make at the time. (Even that was originally "Oxi" but I thought that sounded too much like Oxi Clean) The "8" part was just because it was my favorite number.

My profile picture is a Super Mario World rendition of my SM64 "color code".

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 7 of 8
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours