elfprince13 wrote:
DShiznit wrote:

For the love-machine-themed apartment...

Is that a....couch?
You've obviously never been in a love themed room Shock That's a bed.
I'm gonna use like 4 of these in the Stoner Gamer room:

What's really funny about this is I modeled it after the table I'm using my computer on right now.
elfprince13 wrote:

KermMartian wrote:
Because you get to live in the greatest city in the world. Very Happy

Which is great because it has gangs, horrendous traffic, a total lack of sledding options, nasty pollution, and draconian laws regarding when and where you can blow things up :p Silly city boy.

Every major city has gangs, traffic, lack of sledding options, pollution and laws saying you can't have the means to destroy things.

New York has vast culture, architecture, etc. You really have to spend time there to understand why it's so great. It's too bad there aren't more cities like it.
elfprince13 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Because you get to live in the greatest city in the world. Very Happy

Which is great because it has gangs, horrendous traffic, a total lack of sledding options, nasty pollution, and draconian laws regarding when and where you can blow things up :p Silly city boy.
I'm surprised by such ignorance from such an intelligent individual, elfprince. Laughing Clearly the vast majority of your NYC knowledge comes from TV shows and movies. I'm sure there are gangs, but not where I live; the traffic is decent enough (and if it bugs you, take the subway. It's fast, it's cheap, and it's clean). The pollution I'll give you, but it's way better than it was 10 or 20 years ago, and you don't notice it at all. Sledding fun is to be had in any of the dozens of parks in the city; I personally have enjoyed sledding in Central Park and Riverside Park. As CyberPrime says, in exchange for a bit of crowding and a staggeringly high cost of living, you get a vibrant cultural amalgamation, museums as far as the eye can see, and a sense of bustling life that I've found sorely lacking in any of the few rurals environments I've visited.
You don't notice the pollution because you've been living in it your whole life. When you grow up somewhere rural and then go to the city, you can feel the gunk you breath in. Heck, I can feel it in Burlington which is incredibly clean compared to NYC.

I grant you that entertainment and culture are more easily to be found in a city, but your sledding hills are still incredibly pansy.
elfprince13 wrote:
You don't notice the pollution because you've been living in it your whole life. When you grow up somewhere rural and then go to the city, you can feel the gunk you breath in. Heck, I can feel it in Burlington which is incredibly clean compared to NYC.

I grant you that entertainment and culture are more easily to be found in a city, but your sledding hills are still incredibly pansy.

Personally I love the smell the city has, and I didn't grow up there (~20 minutes away).

The sledding hills in Central Park are pretty a good, but if your in the city there's more that you could be doing than... sledding.
I prefer the smell of the salt air along the marshes of the Jersey Shore myself...
Hahaha, Jersey. I'd rather be on long island to enjoy the bay.

Hows that for size?

Bam. Layout.
CyberPrime wrote:
Hahaha, Jersey. I'd rather be on long island to enjoy the bay.

Eh, I prefer Okinawa:
that is absolutely beautiful...
DShiznit wrote:
that is absolutely beautiful...

And that used to be my front lawn; now I'm 200 miles from the nearest beach digging my car out of snow :/
Snow ftw. Razz How is the BL map going there, DShiz?
Making progress when I feel like it. I just need to add some prefab doors and furniture, which I need to finish making, then zone it and I'm all set. I just hope I don't get to that point and find out it's full of holes. So far, the export preview looks fine, but I've been burned before...
KermMartian wrote:
Snow ftw. Razz

Snow is like long hair; it may look awesome, but it quickly becomes a hassle.

Toilet Humor
Fantastic Toilet sculpting skills.
yeah, except I'm seeing a few minor holes in the export preview when I scale it down for use in my apartment plan. Maybe I should just scale everything back up to full human size relative to the mini-figure now rather than position everything first.

Also, I have the rooms laid out:
If you scale everything back up you should be more detailed in the geometry or it will look a bit bland/dull.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours