TI-Freak8x wrote:
Well, the TI-Graphing Calculator ring is up for adoption, and I applied for it, but I have recieved no response... (This was a few weeks ago...)

I have been emailed yet again about adopting this ring... Kinda strange...
yeah it is, maybe they want competetion in applicants (i signed up for it)
Hrm, I would do it, except I've got no time. Smile
Quote:
Congratulations! You have been named Ring Manager for TI Graphing Calculator Webring. Your WebRing ID is now automatically associated with this Ring. Please refer to your My Rings page(s) at http://dir.webring.com/rw to manage the Ring.
If your email has *not* been verified then this adoption is probationary. For it to become permanent you MUST have a verified email address on file. Note that you can use the WRMail system to avoid having WebRing correspondence sent to your external email address, but you MUST have a verified email address registered in case we need to contact you. You can verify your email address through your Account Settings link. Please do so now if you have not done so already!

The system has *not* notified Ring members of your new position as Ring Manager. We encourage you to contact them directly to introduce yourself as needed.

If you are an experienced Ring Manager you probably know what to do. If not, read on!

The first thing you probably want to do is check over the sites in the Ring to see that they meet your standards for content. Be kind to them if they don't! The old Ring Manager may not have had the same requirements as you.

Next, you may want to upload a ring Hub page image and/or a navbar image. WebRing hosts these for free for you (consider supporting us if you don't already - there are many benefits you are eligible for as a supporting Ring Manager).

Then you should take a look at the emails that get sent for various Ring actions (new submission, approve, deny, etc.).

Take a look also at Ring Promotion and featured Site options. Getting members to feature their sites on your Ring can generate credit to promote your Ring further.

Next, you should start looking to build your Ring. Your members can help with this. You want to find other *appropriate* sites on the Internet to get into your Ring. The meetup service that is associated with WebRing is a place to look. They have a websites section you might find sites in. Invite new sites and if they are new members you will be PAID for acquiring the new member!

Lastly, if you have problems or question don't hesitate to take advantage of the many resources available to you:

Sorry TI-Freak8x
Wow, I'm surprised, no offense. I wonder how that happened... Smile
I just clicked a few buttons, and now, I get the email. I have never managed a ring before, so this is a new experiance for me
Tis ok, I have noticed a slow down on mine, and there are several invitations that no one has replied to... Need to find some other active sites to invite...
Yup yup. And that link thing of yours is good for traffic too.
Link thing? You mean that script you made for me?
Indeed that. Hasn't it?
It has been fairly good for out going traffic. The more games I get on my site, the more traffic that will be run to it. I just need to get more time to work on the archives...
Indeed. Same with me. Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours