Could anyone help me with creating a dts animation in milkshape?

the internet tutorials have not help much so far.
You need to set key frames for the vertices that you want animated at different points along the time line. You can have multiple animation sequences on the same timeline, and they will be broken up at export.
how do i do this? when i tryed this last time im pretty sure milkshape crashed
Solution: Blender.

Which is ten million times better than Milkshape.
Yes blender is good, but can be very confusing at first.
Nvrm i worked out how to do the animations... and... i wasn't doing it right :3 well... now i need to know how I'm suppose to make TGE play the animation...

i know its something to do with the %obj.playthread(0, whatever); thing and it having to be a datablock or something but its not working...

i tried to use a vehicle datablock script to test it... but... TGE crashes and doesn't show the error in console. all it says is that it compiles it then loads it... then TGE crashes. (and that when i try to launch a mission)

am i doing the wrong thing by using a vehicle datablock? and or should i try something else with loading it?...

here is the animation I'm trying to do:
http://www.box.net/shared/4706tfbmiz

Fairly basic but I'm just trying to work out what i need to do for it to compile...
Which DTS exporter are you using? And how are you configuring your DTS export options? Making a vehicle also requires certain nodes to be present in your model.
GreyMario wrote:

Not actual help.
elrunethe2nd wrote:
GreyMario wrote:

Not actual help.

Neither is your post, nor this one for that matter.
i use the MS3D Torque Dts Plus... and i export it how it is. plus it has no texture... so that might be a problem...
smarcus6 wrote:
i use the MS3D Torque Dts Plus... and i export it how it is. plus it has no texture... so that might be a problem...

You should probably read a tutorial on using Milkshape with LithUnwrap. There is quite a bit of work that has to be done to define the properties of each animation at export time.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours