<3 geometric sans serif.
</3 generic serif.
elfprince13 wrote:
I like COMICIDIOT, but Photography kind of looks tacked on to the bottom. Also, does it have to have that blank space?
No, it'll fit snug in the header. I have a preview online right now but I'm missing a font file so I can't edit "COMICIDIOT," so it'll look out of place until I install it, which will be after I post and shortly after that the logo will be updated \o/

That wasn't the font Sad
when I click on it, it changes to a bubbly serif font Sad
Will_W wrote:
when I click on it, it changes to a bubbly serif font Sad
So, add a ?nl at the end?

Without nl wrote:

With nl wrote:
Those are some great photo's Smile
Especially the one with the seagull, I love seagull's, but only in pictures, in real life they SHOULD BE KILLED WITH FIRE! Seriously, it's very annoying when theres OVER 9000 of them near where you live
Thanks Derp! I agree. My old Middle School had a flock of a hundred or more Sea Gulls that camped on the roof then after break & lunch would swoop in. Evil or Very Mad
If you feed them they'll crap on you.
True story Mad

OKAY! I need some help here. Whenever I view my page in Google Chrome (on Mac) my navigation messes up the body of my site. A refresh works but sometimes I need to refresh 100 times and sometimes just once.

I can't figure it out. Happens on any page when first visited in a new tab.

Has this happened to anyone else in any other browser? What browser? Anyone with Chrome on Mac? Can you verify the same issue? Sad

I'll be bringing this error to Googles attention as well.

And once the navigation is back in place it stays there. Just seems to place wrong when I load the page from a new tab.
Did you ever manage to resolve these styling problems, comicIDIOT? How's the site going, any updates?
I have not been able to. I also haven't had the time to test the site myself in Windows Chrome, which I don't think has any issues from a few scattered reports I've been getting.

I've have updated the base beta sub-domain to include some changes I've been thinking of and waiting for *hinthint swivelgames* Very Happy

For now I'm trying and failing with Facebook Connect, I need to spiffy up the login and get the clients profile icon to view correctly in the header. After which I can start adding comment boxes and such. Hopefully.
Alright, here's a long waited update to my site by many people. It's not implemented, lack of time is a culprit for both the negligence of my site and C6M.

Anyways, here's a mock of what my idea looks like.

Clicking the image shows the original page.

Edit: I'm not liking the visual representation as much as I liked the mental representation.
Hmm, I like the header a lot; that Back to Portfolio dealio isn't too inspiring to me at the moment, thought. I think it's a cool concept, but it doesn't fit the look of the header. I'll try to think of what make it more visually appealing and cohesive for me.
I've gotten many requests over the years that I shouldn't use "comicidiot" for my photography. I'm starting to see this change of heart in myself. Today, I just bought another website.

My plan is that over the next week, swap the domains. The new domain will become my photo portfolio and http://comicidiot.com will become my tumblr blog. As soon as the domain appears in my list of purchased domains, I'm going to start changing things. Still working on the new logo, but there will be more "Alex Glanville" after this than "comicIDIOT," in professional usage.
Would you care to share the URL of your new site? I agree that comicIDIOT isn't the best professional alias, not that Kerm Martian is the pinnacle of good name-choosing either. Razz
Why not focus on something that can actually get you a career?
I've got to focus on Money and getting my life truly started before I turn my hobby into a "career." But a good start is to change names so my name is associated with my photography, not an unprofessional alias with a name in the corner.

KermMartian wrote:
Would you care to share the URL of your new site? I agree that comicIDIOT isn't the best professional alias, not that Kerm Martian is the pinnacle of good name-choosing either. Razz
It's better than comicIDIOT Wink I thought I could make a style with the name, making funny photos with a stupid stories, but that sort of photography is rather complicated and time-consuming. As they require story-boards and often willing models to try a scene over and over, such as my friend Andy whom I met while attending Maine Media College.

Regarding the URL, it's AlexGlanville.com but it's still not showing up in my Domain list (but I did get an e-mail recpeipt and it's showing up under my recent purchases under the same account). I'll give it another day before I call GoDaddy again. The site will be tied to my portfolio while comicidiot.com will become the blog.
It usually takes 24-48 hours for DNS information to propagate, but that wouldn't make it take a long time to show up in your account. Sad I like your plan for dividing your personal and professional sites, and I look forward to your designs (will you be making any new ones?).
No, my portfolio will remain the same style for now. I've got to produce a new, viable header image and the blog uses a style I was going for in my own design. I ended up buying this one from the blog theme directory.

*bump* Created a new logo. Old logo is still in place but you can view the revision by appending a variable to the end of the URL, already appended in the post link.

I am still aware of the navigation issue when browsing my site with a Chromium-based browser. Nothing that hinders the links, they just get pushed out of the header. It doesn't happen in webkit or Mozzila based browsers.

Yes. There's actually that much free space on the header of my site. Because my current header logo is 104 pixels tall, so to avoid breaking and adjusting CSS, any new logo needs to be the height until I permanently replace the current. Once I do, I'll shrink the header height to offer more viewing room.

Transparent PNG for site. JPG with BG Colour for demo.
http://comicidiot.com vs http://alexglanville.com

Still changing things over. For some reason the history page is 403'd (link in footer, found in v2) on alexglanville. It may have something to do with it not being a sub-domain, but I don't want it as a sub-domain anymore. So, I need to figure that out.

I'll set up a forward on comicidiot within the next few days pointing to alexglanville. I'm also taking this moment to adjust how my directory is organized. Currently, main website is in the main directory, but that makes things unorganized for updating the main site, as my FTP client wants to download everything in that folder as the site. So, separating everything into directories for each [sub-]domain.

So, I'd be going from:
Code:
/public/html/index.php
/public/html/C6M/index.php
etc
To something easier to look at it and update from my client.
Code:
/public/html/alexglanville.com/
/public/html/comicidiot.com/
/public/html/Cemetech6 Mobile/
etc

Prettify Fail

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours