New page!

Taken with my cellular:
Whoa, that's not actually too bad for a cellphone camera. What's it a picture of?
Hoes.. I mean, hose.

lol. You and your iPhone 4, Alex Razz

I've never been deeply disappointed with my iPhone camera. Although, I still can't wait to get a DSLR or even a decent PaS camera sometime soon Wink
swivelgames wrote:
Hoes.. I mean, hose.

0x5. You and your iPhone 4, Alex Razz[...]
I think he's about ready to marry that phone of his. Very Happy
It seems doable.

Kerm, it is of a sprinkler stream illuminated by the cellulars flash. The ISO is 1000. And I was surprised to find no colour noise, which is unusual. But having a 1/3.2" 5MP sensor apposed to a 1/4" 8MP in some other current phones, probably helps. Not sure.
comicIDIOT wrote:
It seems doable.

Kerm, it is of a sprinkler stream illuminated by the cellulars flash. The ISO is 1000. And I was surprised to find no colour noise, which is unusual. But having a 1/3.2" 5MP sensor apposed to a 1/4" 8MP in some other current phones, probably helps. Not sure.
Definitely, the larger the pixel area, the more light they can collect! \o/ Nifty, comic, and that's also not the weakest flash ever.
KermMartian wrote:
Definitely, the larger the pixel area, the more light they can collect!
True, but to have no colour noise is an oddity for me. Even my ISO100 photos from my DSLR have some, colour noise. Then again, it's an abused two year old camera and the sensor is likely on it's last legs, if not the shutter drape/release. Haha.
Seeing this has driven me to buy more studio equipment rather than new cameras.

Meh, it's an interesting video, but I resent the iFollowJobs used as the cameraphone. Razz What do you mean it drove you to buy more studio equipment: you've already done so, or you are going to in the near future? What did you / are you thinking of getting?
My one complaint with the video, shoot a fashion shoot with three 75$ strobes and two 36" umbrella's. I'd love so advice there, FStoppers.com! Laughing
KermMartian wrote:
Meh, it's an interesting video, but I resent the iFollowJobs used as the cameraphone. Razz What do you mean it drove you to buy more studio equipment: you've already done so, or you are going to in the near future? What did you / are you thinking of getting?
Well, it's just showing that even a camera phone can take quality images. Sure, it's branded the iPhone Fashion shoot but I think it's more about proving cell cameras can produce quality stuff.

As for equipment, I'm likely going to get three or four B1600's or B800's from AlienBee. To reflect & soften, some foldable softboxes: FSB3240's, FSB1036's. I want enough to change it up. I'll likely buy enough softboxes so I have two or more that will never be in use. And perhaps a few grids for bare-strobe/hot-light use. But I'm not sure how helpful those'll be as I mostly shoot in small rooms and grids narrow the angle of light so I can use the strobe from father way (thus effectivetly decreasing the amount of light. It'd seem logical to decrease the power, right? Evil or Very Mad )

I may also invest in some umbrella's - to soften and widen the angle of light - but a Parabolic Light Modification system seems to be a bit better imo...

I know it won't be cheap. But after getting the equipment hopefully I can start taking some above-par studio photos more often. Taking studio shots with three 45w strobes and two umbrella's is shameful when compared to that in the video*

I really want a new camera so I have more information to work with, both in bit-depth and image dimensions but seeing that it's hardly the camera that makes the difference, I'll invest in a new camera last.

I'll likely use my cheap strobes as fill lights and stuff, as well as using the stands to host modeling & hot-lights (basically 10$ flood lights I picked up from work). I'm also going to need a new wireless method to trigger the strobes as an infrared trigger may not be a viable option! I hope it will, I need to do my research some on AlienBee's and Infrared Triggers.

Price Addition: about 2.8k for the most expensive items. Four B1600's etc. Which is about 200$ less than what two new cameras would have cost me, so Very Happy

*I've had luck in the past!
comicIDIOT wrote:

It's driven me to hire models.
foamy3 wrote:
comicIDIOT wrote:

I'm in no shortage of models Wink
foamy3 wrote:

+1... Wink
That's a very nice photo, comic. Smile Good luck with your new planned acquisitions, and thanks for all the details.
Another photo using completely natural and unmodified lighting, no reflectors or meshes to soften the light.

comicIDIOT wrote:
Another photo using completely natural and unmodified lighting, no reflectors or meshes to soften the light.

iPhone or real camera?
foamy3 wrote:
comicIDIOT wrote:

iPhone or real camera?
That must be a real camera; it's far too good to be a cameraphone imho.
Ah, yes. Real camera indeed Laughing
Not to be rude. But I'd consider reading a book about portraiture before buying anything, especially after viewing that sample image you posted.
comicIDIOT wrote:
Ah, yes. Real camera indeed 0x5
If I would do anything to that photo, it would be to do whatever you do to make a little detail appear on her face, some lines and shading. It feels slightly flat right now, even though the background looks great.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 42, 43, 44  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 44
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours