21%  [ 3 ]
OTBP Assembler
 0%  [ 0 ]
Spasm
 42%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 14

ok, cool
Update
I just added support for all two-byte commands that don't accept arguments, so that all commands that don't accept arguments are now supported. I'm getting started on arguments now.
Assembly Style
The style of assembly has been finalized. The command table is here:
http://cid-c5fee036bc0d72bd.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Public/commandTableMosaic.txt, which should give a pretty good idea of the style.
It is case-insenisitive, whitespace is allowed, comments are done with ";" and new lines can be stared with "" The following lines of code have equivalent output:

Code:
inc hl
dec hl

Code:
inc    hl
dec hl

Code:
inc hl \ dec hl

Code:
inc hl
dec hl ; This is a comment

Code:
INc Hl
dec HL
congratulations Sir, so how much longer 'till you release it or a demo?
You forgot the undocumented commands.
_player1537 wrote:
congratulations Sir, so how much longer 'till you release it or a demo?

Not long, as soon as I get the assembler done I'll put together a demo.
This is progressing a lot faster than I thought it would, I'm expecting an April release.

Will_W wrote:
You forgot the undocumented commands.

Oops, I'll take care of that. It's not hard to add commands.
Good luck adding the rest of the command set. In regards to your PM, I am always very hesitant posting about projects that are not yet in a beta state, for two reasons. One, I like to provide a beta download link, and two, there have been enough oncalc IDE/assemblers that publishing about one that never reached beta would impact the credibility of my site. Smile
I will say if you get a decent on calc assembler I would def start back up on a few of my projects that never got off the ground since when I'm not in math or Engineering class I can't really focus on calculator projects.
Great! I hope to have a lot of people get on the assembly bandwagon once I finish this.
Speaking of which, wildcards are now supported, but there are some bugs I'm working through.
Quote:
Oops, I'll take care of that. It's not hard to add commands

can you add a .addinstr then?
Describe what it does?
Update

I have been working a little today, and did some speed tests. The image above is of Mosaic assembling the following code at 8Mhz:

Code:
or a
ret z\dec          a
ret
rst 38h
rst 38h
rst 38h
rst 38h
rst 38h
rst 38h
rst 38h
rst 38h
rst 38h
rst 38h
rst 38h
rst 38h
rst 38h
rst 38h
rst 38h
rst 38h
rst 38h
rst 38h
rst 38h
rst 38h
rst 38h
rst 38h
rst 38h
rst 38h
rst 38h
rst 38h
rst 38h
rst 38h
rst 38h
rst 38h
rst 38h
rst 38h
rst 38h
rst 38h
rst 38h
rst 38h
rst 38h
rst 38h
rst 38h
rst 38h
rst 38h
rst 38h
rst 38h
rst 38h
rst 38h
rst 38h
rst 38h
rst 38h
rst 38h
rst 38h
rst 38h
rst 38h
rst 38h
rst 38h
rst 38h
rst 38h
rst 38h
rst 38h
rst 38h
rst 38h
rst 38h
rst 38h
rst 38h
rst 38h
rst 38h
rst 38h
rst 38h
rst 38h
rst 38h
rst 38h
rst 38h
rst 38h
rst 38h
rst 38h
rst 38h
rst 38h
rst 38h
rst 38h
rst 38h
rst 38h

You may think, why rst 38h? Well, because that is the last entry in the command table, and takes the longest to assemble. The empty space between dec and a consists of a few spaces and a tab. So, with these specs, Mosaic will assemble 83 lines of the worst-case scenario code (meaning code that takes the longest to assemble) in about 4.5 seconds. The same code takes 47 seconds with OTBP Assembler.
*cough* 6MHz
Just to be clea, the GUI is still totally nonfunctional, right? Also, why are you not using the Doors CS text entry GUI items for writing out code? Very Happy
Hey,
Quick update, I got the assembler to be case-insensitive, and I got the edit buffer to successfully open and close without crashing the calculator.
rthprog wrote:
Nice name, haha.

I ... don't get it. Sad

Sounds promising, though. Finally, a faster on-calc assembler than OTBP.
|)@^^~ !T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Every time I'm almost finished with a never before done project, someone else starts it! Oh well... I guess I can still work on ProgPad...
Err, "starts it?"
This program has been in the community longer than you have.
ProgPad? Is it really almost-done on-calc assembler? It'd be helpful, if it is.

SirCmpwn wrote:
Err, "starts it?"
This program has been in the community longer than you have.

Yeah, and then there are several that were made even before this. I was actually hoping ChAsm would be updated until I realized that it was dead Sad
Yeah, it was supposed to be a surprise...that was until I found out about Mosaic...Anyway it uses the DoorsCS GUI and loads plaintext, DocDE, and Progpad text files (type 0,1,7). Surprisingly, I added all the features DocDE7 has and a little more at only have the size, not including the compiling part! (shows DocDE might be able to have some improvement...) Anyway, it supports equates and .addinstr commands, instruction table files (for custom language like TASM does), and the use of the $ alone for the current location. I'm still having problems with the FileOpen, FileSaveAs, relative jumps, and bit instructions like set, res, and bit. I know the routines for compiling work cause I tested them in other projects.

That's what mine does SirCmpwn.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours