So, today after Database Management, my professor told me to come to her office after class. So I go there and she asks me what my plans were for the summer. I told her I was applying for jobs and if I couldn't find one here, I'd be going home for the summer. Then she started talking about a project where she has 2 students work for a small, starting out company and has the students develop software for them. Then she got the other student worker and they told me about the current project they were working on (bound by confidentiality so I can't go into detail, but it's analyzing stuff.) Then she told me that she needed to hire another person to work full time at $12 an hour for the summer.

Then I left, sent her a follow up "hell yes, plllzzz let me do it!" email, and 10 hours later, I get an email back saying I'm in!

W00t!

Now she's going to send me the proposals of the starting companies that applied for us so I can help choose which one we take. I'm so excited!
Congrats!

Personally I'm caught in the catch-22 of job seeking (need experience to get a job, but can't get experience if never had a job :/)
Congrats, foamy3, sounds like an excellent application of your skills. Smile I hope you enjoy it.
Congradulations!
$12 and hour, holy cow! For starting out? Geez! I've been working at this job for 8 months now and I'm still getting $7.50 an hour!
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
Personally I'm caught in the catch-22 of job seeking (need experience to get a job, but can't get experience if never had a job :/)

That's exactly where I was, then this was just handed to me on a silver platter.

Thanks, everyone!
SirCmpwn wrote:
Congradulations!
$12 and hour, holy cow! For starting out? Geez! I've been working at this job for 8 months now and I'm still getting $7.50 an hour!

You really don't want to know my starting salary was right out of college then Wink

Congrats Foamy. What year are you?
Kllrnohj wrote:
Congrats Foamy. What year are you?

Thanks! I'm just finishing up my Junior year. Two semesters to go.
SirCmpwn wrote:
Congradulations!

Is that before or after taxes? Because even the KFCs out here pay $8.50 before taxes...
DShiznit wrote:
SirCmpwn wrote:
Congradulations!

Is that before or after taxes? Because even the KFCs out here pay $8.50 before taxes...

Heck I'm making $9/hour and I'm a Freshman in college. Then again where I'm working has nothing to do with what I'm going to school for...

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours