Razz Here are some of the lego sets I would like in freebuild.

Smart car
http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=3177-1

Lego humvee
http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=7595-1

Evil or Very Mad post your own(in a cheasy voice)
I have that second set
dark9771 wrote:

It is a building game.....
elfprince13 wrote:
dark9771 wrote:

It is a building game.....

well, I ment cars, wepons, maybe igob things(Pre-made houses?)

Laughing this is a topic about things you want in freebuild Rolling Eyes
Are you talking about built-in prefabs?
dark9771 wrote:

Smart car
http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=3177-1

Lego humvee
http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=7595-1

Evil or Very Mad post your own(in a cheasy voice)

Humvee = Lego Jeep = Retail moaning about our originality.
I do like the jeep, but do make sure it is different to Retail's.
Oh stop it with the remarks about retail. Seriously, that word should be banned from this f*cking forum. I'm so sick and tired of hearing sh*t about God d*mned TBM and retail. Seriously, let us completely disassociate ourselves with the whole retail and TBM mess. I couldn't care any less if retail continued to post on the Blockland forum about us either, I really couldn't, nobody wants to hear it.
swivelgames wrote:
Oh stop it with the remarks about retail. Seriously, that word should be banned from this f*cking forum. I'm so sick and tired of hearing sh*t about God d*mned TBM and retail. Seriously, let us completely disassociate ourselves with the whole retail and TBM mess. I couldn't care any less if retail continued to post on the Blockland forum about us either, I really couldn't, nobody wants to hear it.

Look, don't cry on my arm about it.

It is a sensible thing to consider as such things have caused a truckload a trouble for our forum in the past, and i'd rather not cause Lucas too much extra heat this early in his job. Mass bans aren't fun, and it has happened before. Besides, I am strongly of the opinion that with their alpha minifig and some other stuff, we have enough Retail-era, if not Retail content as is. Regardless, of whether they're using the generic Lego brand minifig look or not at this present time.

And I am not getting snarky, but equally I didn't quite smile when reading that. I just gently suggested something.
They won't attack Lucas' forum, they'll attack this one, which I dare them to try.
DShiznit wrote:
They won't attack Lucas' forum, they'll attack this one, which I dare them to try.

Unlike the previous TBM and TOB forums cemetech is a bit better suited for that sort of attack and has a much more professional atmosphere which would make their actions look all the more stupid in contrast.
Exactly.

The way I have come to understand it, the problem before was that many TBMers were stooping to their level (who went lower first doesn't matter in this case) and often times encouraging their behavior (whether by taunting or even defending). What I mean by disassociation is (1) stop posting on their forum and maybe they'll stop posting on ours (doubtful, but then you [the cat] won't get blamed for dragging in the dead mouse), (2) stop defending what they're attacking because all you're doing is feeding the instigation, and (3) don't be the instigator.

The point of my post was not to insult, but to instead display my annoyence with this mess. Theres no reasoning with any of that mess, and the point is not to "avoid confrontation with them by abiding by their wishes" but to completely ignore them altogether. TBM is done, over with... it DIED. Leave TBM and it's mess in the past. All it really turned out to be was immature internet wars that got everyone no where. It doesn't matter how it started, who started it, or whatever.

Let Freebuild/TBG be our game. No more competing with Blockland/Retail, no more equating to TBM, and no more dragging in the TBM bullsh*t we all know we openly contributed to. TBM and Retail have no relation to Freebuild/TBG and they have no reason to. F*ck politics.
swivelgames wrote:
Exactly.

The way I have come to understand it, the problem before was that many TBMers were stooping to their level (who went lower first doesn't matter in this case) and often times encouraging their behavior (whether by taunting or even defending). What I mean by disassociation is (1) stop posting on their forum and maybe they'll stop posting on ours (doubtful, but then you [the cat] won't get blamed for dragging in the dead mouse), (2) stop defending what they're attacking because all you're doing is feeding the instigation, and (3) don't be the instigator.

The point of my post was not to insult, but to instead display my annoyence with this mess. Theres no reasoning with any of that mess, and the point is not to "avoid confrontation with them by abiding by their wishes" but to completely ignore them altogether. TBM is done, over with... it DIED. Leave TBM and it's mess in the past. All it really turned out to be was immature internet wars that got everyone no where. It doesn't matter how it started, who started it, or whatever.

Let Freebuild/TBG be our game. No more competing with Blockland/Retail, no more equating to TBM, and no more dragging in the TBM bullsh*t we all know we openly contributed to. TBM and Retail have no relation to Freebuild/TBG and they have no reason to. F*ck politics.

Frankly, your conceptions, misplaced or no, regarding what precisely TBG is and isn't do not come into the matter.
TBG undeniably is part of Blockland and TBM as long as it uses the brick and the cheap yellow Minifigure from the alpha. To demand dissociation is kind of futile, given how much the games share between them.

Retail forums already believe TBG to be TBM with a new GUI.
You cannot make it your game in the eyes of the people when the people can very clearly see that it is still TBM, or, at least, strongly tied to it, regardless of how many Cemetech logos you try to slap on it!

Also, you absolutely cannot stop competition between the games when they are the only thing this game can be compared to. That is like an inferior jelly brand requesting that people stop comparing them to slightly more expensive jelly brands simply because they deliver a better product - not likely to happen if people are aware of the alternatives!

What I was trying to say is I don't want some convert or whatever from Retail to roll in and remark about how curiously similar the jeeps are. It would do no good for the sake of a jeep that looks /that way/. Can you agree on one with a slightly different shape?

Also, on the side, I don't know about you, but the last people to seriously post about TBM on the Retail forum are Shiznit, and a couple of Cemetech users! Oh, and me, but I wasn't talking about TBM.
Add-on manager like RTB 3.2
Sephiroth wrote:
Add-on manager like RTB 3.2

Read, then post.

Sets.
(Like, Lego sets.)
[edit]First off, it was not my intention to offend you, Ben, but I'm assuming I did. I'm just annoyed that there's still even the mention of this mess still going on. It is out of everyone's hands, but as a member of this community I was hoping to give my input on the matter, whether offensively, or by pleading (which seldom works). Pleading hasn't worked in the past so I'm at the point now that I'm just going to be blunt from now on, since that method seems to have worked best. I just want the best for this project, the community, and it's members. I feel that any mention of Retail or direction change because of Retail is flat-out unnecessary.[/edit]

elrunethe2nd wrote:
Frankly, your conceptions, misplaced or no, regarding what precisely TBG is and isn't do not come into the matter.
TBG undeniably is part of Blockland and TBM as long as it uses the brick and the cheap yellow Minifigure from the alpha. To demand dissociation is kind of futile, given how much the games share between them.
Dissociation is a choice, elrune, lol. You are talking about their relation. No sh*t their related, they're both brick building games. Dissociation means cooperation among this community's several members to severe the ties between the TBG community and the Blockland community. As of right now, there is absolutely no reason to continue to associate with them because all that has done is spark controversy. If both parties can get along (highly unlikely) then theres no reason to severe ties. But both sides have proven to be unable to handle the situation or come to an agreement.

elrunethe2nd wrote:
Retail forums already believe TBG to be TBM with a new GUI.
You cannot make it your game in the eyes of the people when the people can very clearly see that it is still TBM, or, at least, strongly tied to it, regardless of how many Cemetech logos you try to slap on it!
When did I ever say we needed to make it our game in the eyes of Retail? You're shooting into the bushes, the target is behind you. The point is to stop (1) worrying about Retail's negative, non-constructive, instigative opinion so much, and (2) trying to convince them that it is it's own game because we all know that's not going to happen. Instead, worry about our game, not what they're going to think. Regardless of whether or not they're going to look alike (they're all based off LEGOs for christ's sake, of course they're going to look a like!), the point is to make them game what we want it to be, not Retail doesn't want it to be.

elrunethe2nd wrote:
Also, you absolutely cannot stop competition between the games when they are the only thing this game can be compared to. That is like an inferior jelly brand requesting that people stop comparing them to slightly more expensive jelly brands simply because they deliver a better product - not likely to happen if people are aware of the alternatives!
I agree with this for the most part, I apologize for my earlier comment, because it was not clear. What we ultimately compare ourselves to should not necessarily be who we're competing with, though. Understand TBG/Freebuild is competing with Retail, RTB, and TBM. All of those. But what we should be comparing the game to is not Retail, RTB, or TBM, but instead LEGOs and our vision for the game.

elrunethe2nd wrote:
What I was trying to say is I don't want some convert or whatever from Retail to roll in and remark about how curiously similar the jeeps are. It would do no good for the sake of a jeep that looks /that way/. Can you agree on one with a slightly different shape?
And what I'm saying is there's no reason to worry about it. If Retail wants to complain about it, let them. If we were to make this Jeep, the Jeep would be based off of the LEGO Jeep shown in that set, not Retail's. Let them make false claims all they want, none of us should be affected by that, because that's just ridiculous. It's a game based on LEGO, they're going to look a like. They can get over it if they want to complain about it.
Quote:
TBG undeniably is part of Blockland and TBM as long as it uses the brick and the cheap yellow Minifigure from the alpha

It's worth noting that these will be gone by the time I have an "official" release.
elfprince13 wrote:
Quote:
TBG undeniably is part of Blockland and TBM as long as it uses the brick and the cheap yellow Minifigure from the alpha

It's worth noting that these will be gone by the time I have an "official" release.

The brick?
You mean, it will cease to be a building game altogether? Confused
LOL, not worth the read? or tl;dr? XD
In response to elrune: No, silly.
In a longer response to elrune: No, he means he's getting rid of the old brick models and minifig, and using the proper LDraw models, as has been the plan since the dawn of time (or at least the dawn of Freebuild).
Why in the name of god... All topics somehow get sidetracked on Cemetech

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours