I just bought a brand-new TI-84+SE the other day, and today I accidentally dropped it. There's a small crack in the screen, nothing major, but the bottom half of the screen is blank. Crying Crying
I think the LCD cable might have come loose, I'm going to open it up and check it out. Wish me luck...
ooh... tough luck... why not just contact TI first... maybe they will be nice about it and send you a new one Razz
Geez, I have dropped my other calcs alot and I haven't had any problems with them... Surprised

Hope you can get it fixed...
Yeah, thanks guys, I think I will email TI. Crying
Yeah, that must be under warranty...they're not supposed to break like that when you drop them.
yeah, I have dropped my 84+SE many of times. THe little rubber stop though on mine fell of, all except the big one. Congrats on getting the 84+SE though.
I stressed that in my email, gently dropped and not from high, never had problems w/ my 83, etc.
well, I hope they can help you.
Coincidentally, this happened about the same time as the calc-dropping survey at ticalc was posted.
yeah, that is ironic.
ouch that sucks, I hopoe you can get it to work fine again Sad
we all do, Kerm doesn't need these problems
Kuro wrote:
Coincidentally, this happened about the same time as the calc-dropping survey at ticalc was posted.

I know, and I voted the several, but never broken one. Crying
many time I wish youcould change you vote, I think it would be much better.
Just do what I do with a broken calc; make it your primary testing device! Laughing
yeah, but with half the sreen broken, what can you really test.
...the top half Laughing

Seriously though, I have three or four rows of dead pixels on my calculator, and I still use it.
true, but that can cause weird things. Testing should be done on a emulator or a nonborken calculator.
I wouldn't mind the small crack, it's the HALF DEAD SCREEN!!! that I mind.
yeah, I bet that can't be fun.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours