Name says it all.
SpaceNinja wrote:
Name says it all.
In the past no one seems to have worried too much about ammo in TBG/ TBM/ RTB/ AiO/ Blockland etc, so would it be useful? I suppose for more DM-oriented gameplay it might be nice.
KermMartian wrote:
SpaceNinja wrote:
Name says it all.
In the past no one seems to have worried too much about ammo in TBG/ TBM/ RTB/ AiO/ Blockland etc, so would it be useful? I suppose for more DM-oriented gameplay it might be nice.

I would say that is less about opinion and more about improving the overall quality of game graphics, which is important too.

As Kerm said, someone would have to go and code reloading for all the weapons to make it relevant, or at least, all the kinetic weapons. The code stubs are there, but it is still a bit of work.

However, it isn't likely to happen soon. To do that, most likely, someone would have to remodel all the weapons with animations, and noone does that sort of thing around here on a request.

They're probably going to go after me and tell you to put it in a request form in the development log thing.
if I ever get around to finishing that player model I can add in some reload animations.
Heck, even getting an ammo counter of some kind would be nice. It would be relatively trivial to add a "needsAmmo" and "clip type" sorts of dynamic fields to the weapon handling code. It would be nice if someone used the feature request tracker to set up an official request though. *hint*hint*
I would be happy for just a HUD display of ammo and when it runs out you just can't shoot for X seconds.
Lucas W wrote:
I would be happy for just a HUD display of ammo and when it runs out you just can't shoot for X seconds.

i like lucas' idea ^_^
I'm open for whatever, and whatever can relatively easily be implemented and modified through the game mode interface, just submit the "official" request for me
elfprince13 wrote:
I'm open for whatever, and whatever can relatively easily be implemented and modified through the game mode interface, just submit the "official" request for me

Told you so, Lucas. ¬_¬
Ok, what about:

Gun has X ammo per round, shoots X ammo every second (Sync'd with actual shooting of course).

When out of ammo play sound "Outofammo(Specificgunname).wav" and replay if user trys to shoot until gun is reloaded.

Gun loads X number/sec of ammo until round is full. Rinse and repeat.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours