Sad I felt it my part to say that Cemetech has strayed from its intended purpose. 90% of everything posted is entirely unrelated to TI such as TBG, FreeBuild, UT, Dr.Who, and Candid Photos. Cemetech should rethink its purpose as possibly just a giant blog.
You're an idiot, that would be the most useless change ever.

If Cemetech's main activity was around its news posts then it could turn into a blog, but its main activity has nothing to do with the news so why the hell should it become a blog?
cemetech merely started out with TI related things. Since then it has moved on as Kerm's interests have expanded.

Granted, I wasn't overly happy about how the TI part died down there for quite a while, while freebuild discussions took over most of the activity. But this -IS- Kerm's board. He can and will do anything he wants with it, and expand it to any subject that he desires. Something you will have to get used to.
tifreak8x wrote:
cemetech merely started out with TI related things. Since then it has moved on as Kerm's interests have expanded.

Granted, I wasn't overly happy about how the TI part died down there for quite a while, while freebuild discussions took over most of the activity. But this -IS- Kerm's board. He can and will do anything he wants with it, and expand it to any subject that he desires. Something you will have to get used to.
I'd love to resurrect some of the TI stuff, and feel that the Doors CS development in progress is at least a step in the right direction. We still do optimization, there's SourceCoder, and I have a few sidelined ASM projects that I'd love to pick up. I definitely don't think it's a good idea to remove the discussion aspect, that's ridiculous. Cemetech is not just about me, it's about the Cemetech community and the people that come for calc/programming/Freebuild stuff and stay for the people and the projects.
xenonparadox wrote:
Sad I felt it my part to say that Cemetech has strayed from its intended purpose. 90% of everything posted is entirely unrelated to TI such as TBG, FreeBuild, UT, Dr.Who, and Candid Photos. Cemetech should rethink its purpose as possibly just a giant blog.

Basically, despite initially being a group of calculator users, we found that as (for the most part) fairly intelligent internet denizens we had common interests outside of calculators, and the board has expanded to cover those interests as well. This includes Legos, video games, tech news, hardware development, web+graphic design, programming, science fiction, random politics, and quite a lot else.
this site:

50% calc crap

.025% Free build

every thing else off topic.

so its not ok to be off topic huh? to share ideas with others.

this site is what it wants to be why turn it in to a blog.

its cemetech and thats what its going to be.
Cemetech already IS a blog.I was simply stating that you can't be "Leading the way to the future" by playing games and watching youtube videos.If the Cemetech community wants to continue its path thats fine, but it shouldn't mislead with a catchy slogan
xenonparadox wrote:
Cemetech already IS a blog.I was simply stating that you can't be "Leading the way to the future" by playing games and watching youtube videos.If the Cemetech community wants to continue its path thats fine, but it shouldn't mislead with a catchy slogan
Here's something with which it's Leading the Way to the Future:

http://www.cemetech.net/projects/ee/scouter/thesis.pdf
Kerm, I'm sorry if I offended you but its becoming a nuisance when a person has to skim through meaningless crap trying to find answers.(none of this refers to your great thesis)but at least try to separate the crap from the facts.If people want to talk about meaningless junk, make a blog page for them so people who have general technological question can get their answers
...it might even increase the popularity of Cemetech, look at Twitter and Facebook.But one thing that should most definately added is a part of every profile telling what languages the person is fluent in so people know who to look for to get answers
xenonparadox wrote:
...it might even increase the popularity of Cemetech, look at Twitter and Facebook.But one thing that should most definately added is a part of every profile telling what languages the person is fluent in so people know who to look for to get answers
Maybe I don't understand what you mean by a blog page. Can you be more specific?
xenonparadox wrote:
Kerm, I'm sorry if I offended you but its becoming a nuisance when a person has to skim through meaningless crap trying to find answers.(none of this refers to your great thesis)but at least try to separate the crap from the facts.If people want to talk about meaningless junk, make a blog page for them so people who have general technological question can get their answers

subfora, learn to use them.
An editable page for every user where they can post their personal ideas, tell about themselves and easily communicate with other members who have common interests without bothering other member who have no idea
xenonparadox wrote:

http://www.cemetech.net/forum/index.php?c=5

xenonparadox wrote:
An editable page for every user where they can post their personal ideas, tell about themselves and easily communicate with other members who have common interests without bothering other member who have no idea

http://www.cemetech.net/forum/privmsg.php?folder=inbox

Do you not understand how a forum works? We have different sections for different types of discussion, for exactly this reason. Furthermore, we have private messaging for the rare times when you need to contact someone in a non-public setting (i.e. not "bothering" the whole forum)
xenonparadox wrote:
But as elfprince says, that's why we have all these different subfora. The "drivel" you deride so thoroughly can happily reside in General Open Topic, Rants, and Politics, while the remainder of the forum is happily subdivided into my/Cemetech's projects, general calculator programming in ASM and BASIC, calculator projects and announcements, web programming, computer programming, graphics design, and more.
But what happens to those posts?They're lost among millions of bytes of useless junk, locked and forgotten. After the all the months i've been here i only knows Kerms first name and that he knows assembly. Both from the DCS5 source. And you cant tell me you are bothered when i repeatedly ask questions you dont know the answer to.
xenonparadox wrote:
But what happens to those posts?They're lost among millions of bytes of useless junk, locked and forgotten.

I honestly don't understand what you're talking about? It's incredibly easy to browse through relevant forum looking at interesting old topics, and very very very few topics around here end up getting locked. If you're too lazy to click through a couple pages of topic titles (which you'd have to do anyway even if we were calc only - look at UnitedTI for example), you can do a google search of words related to your question, and site:cemetech.net
No human being on the planet would want to search through hundreds of pages of posts to find out if a person knows Asm.Altogether im just saying members need to have a better connection to the site, like a category for posts entirely on their interests. I know HTML and Javascript, if you want i'll write another "version" of cemetech and send it to you to see what you think but somethings gotta be done
If someone was looking for information about ASM, instead of only asking one person, the ASM forum would be the place to start. And hey, if you are looking for something, there is a Search box on every page you can use.

When it comes to the focus of the site, it has evolved, just as its members have. We started out as TI Calculator Programmers, but also started branching out. We will still assist people looking for help and guidance on TI Related information, and a few people here still work on projects for the Calculators. To say we have drifted from calculators, I have to disagree, we have just expanded.
xenonparadox wrote:
After the all the months i've been here i only knows Kerms first name and that he knows assembly.
You just looked at his thesis. His full name is on the first page. Plus, knowing someone's real name is somewhat irrelevant; I refer to people by their handle, even when I know their real name.

xenonparadox wrote:
And you cant tell me you are bothered when i repeatedly ask questions you dont know the answer to.
uh... yes? Ask your question in the right subforum, or contact a person through irc, pm, email, tweets, and the like.

xenonparadox wrote:
I know HTML and Javascript
Congrats. You just described at least half of the active Cemetech users.

xenonparadox wrote:
a category for posts entirely on their interests.
What's wrong with just checking the relevant subforums periodically?
You can always create your own alert system by filtering content from http://www.cemetech.net/forum/rss.php

Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours