I try to make sure I always do 0+(expression) to make sure it's totally unambiguous. I'm not sure what others (and assemblers) do.
What I recently heard was that most assemblers evaluate from left to right. I thought they used order of operations, which is what I did for tiDE. I'll revise it to let the user pick between the two.
If this hasn't been implemented yet, I would love a couple different ways to do comments. For instance, "//" for a one line comment (";" would stay, of course) and the typical block comment "/*. . .*/" Mostly I'd like that just for the block comment thing Smile
I could add more comment styles easily, and I'll be sure to add those. The nice thing about how I organized it is that its very easy to add features - for this one, I can just modify the StripComments method.
_player, the main problem with that would be when you tried to assemble such source with another assembler. I'd prefer a tool that would let you highlight a paragraph and would automatically insert ;s before every line, or perhaps insert ; when you hit enter after a line that had a ; as the very first character.
An automatic (un)commenter is already done via keyboard shortcuts. And I can make a tool to export code for other assemblers, which would remove things like /*...*/
SirCmpwn wrote:
An automatic (un)commenter is already done via keyboard shortcuts. And I can make a tool to export code for other assemblers, which would remove things like /*...*/
I suppose, but I like the idea of being able to cross-use source code without having to do anything to it. Personal preference, I suppose.
Perhaps a setting that, when you copy code, it copies the reformatted code?
SirCmpwn wrote:
Perhaps a setting that, when you copy code, it copies the reformatted code?
That's not a bad idea, but it still doesn't solve assembling TIDE code with another assembler without having TIDE. What about converting from repeated ; ; ;s into /* */ on open and back to ; ; ;s on close? That might be a bit more complex than you want to do, though.
How about the user just chooses whether or not to use /**/ style commenting? They can easily pull code in from other assemblers (tiDE has support for everything save certain features of Brass, which will eventually be supported), so the only problem would be from tiDE->other, as opposed to the reverse.
Btw, whether or not this has been said before, I would like it to be very minimal if possible. Notepad++ minimal, I mean. And if it's to the point where that would be extremely difficult, it'd be nice for it to section stuff so that you can have the window portion of wabbitemu in the top right corner, with a solution explorer below it, and maybe something else even lower. And tiDE would handle sending programs to Wabbit, and resize itself if the skin is on Wabbit. (Actually, even if it can be Notepad++esque, I'd like it to have the Wabbit part too Razz)
I don't fully understand what you mean there, could you mock up an image of what you're describing?
And it probably won't be as minimal as you're asking for. It's based on Visual Studio. Although I could probably make something special that was minimalistic. The full version has some Linux compatability issues, so the Linux version will be more minimalistic, you could probably use that.
I was thinking something like this: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11832443/Screenies/tiDE-Mockup1.png And then like this when you have the Wabbit skin: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11832443/Screenies/tiDE-Mockup2.png

(The paint thing in the bottom was the free space I was talking about, it'd be nice to have a built in sprite editor close by Razz)
Yeah, the layout will be something like that. The Emulator and such will be dockable.
And the sprite editor is already done.
Screenies? Very Happy
Sure:
Here's the Sprite Editor, shown in the default view and as a floating window: (View)
And the DCS7 GUI Designer, just for kicks: (View)
A very, very minor nitpick: In the screenshot of the sprite editor, I was momentarily confused by Shades of Gray: 2, since I never think of black and white as shades of gray. Now that I'm thinking about it, I can't think of a much better rephrasing of that. Regarding our earlier discussion, yes, my main concern was obviously using tiDE-created ASM source in other assemblers, but if you're not concerned about that, then it's not a big deal.
There's "Colours" (which is what Photoshop uses), though "Levels" may be more appropriate in the case of greyscale images.

Looking great, either way! Very Happy
benryves wrote:
There's "Colours" (which is what Photoshop uses), though "Levels" may be more appropriate in the case of greyscale images.

Looking great, either way! Very Happy
Ooh, I like Levels, very nice. What do you say, SirCmpwn?
I agree, levels it is.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 5 of 8
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours