SirCmpwn wrote:
I agree, levels it is.
Excellent. I think I missed something along the way; is the emulator project you mentioned considered part of tiDE itself, or is it a separate project that will be worked on/completed once tiDE is complete and then integrated with the IDE?
tiDE is a suite of tools, including the emulator. They are built separately, but packaged together.
SirCmpwn wrote:
tiDE is a suite of tools, including the emulator. They are built separately, but packaged together.
OK, so you consider the full suite of tools tiDE, fair enough. Thanks for the point of clarification. Any progress on the project (and its constituent components) in the past few days?
Not really, unfortunately. I plan on doing more tomorrow. Its difficult, being grounded from the computer and all Razz
You could just emulate Windows 7 in your brain and do your coding from there. Wink
Or you could use VNC/Remote Desktop. Wink
SirCmpwn needs to get un-grounded. Wink

That is all.
SirCmpwn wrote:
Not really, unfortunately. I plan on doing more tomorrow. Its difficult, being grounded from the computer and all Razz
You seem to get grounded an awful lot. Too bad there's nothing you can do to avoid it. Sad
Actually, I can wait four months and go to Arizona State University.
SirCmpwn wrote:
Actually, I can wait four months and go to Arizona State University.
Six months, no? Unless you are planning on taking summer classes as well? At any rate, that's a good plan, but hopefully you're aware of how much less free time you will have in college.
I'm in the marching band, have to arrive early for band camp.
SirCmpwn wrote:
I'm in the marching band, have to arrive early for band camp.
Ah, that makes sense. Best of luck, then; back to our regularly-scheduled tiDE discussion.
I was going to say something, this thread was getting way off target.
So now I've reduced KnightOS to about 70 errors, just trying to find the bugs creating them.
SirCmpwn wrote:
I was going to say something, this thread was getting way off target.
So now I've reduced KnightOS to about 70 errors, just trying to find the bugs creating them.
You mean 70 assembling errors? Solving those won't mean that KnightOS is fully working, right? Or do you mean 70 bugs?
The assembler flags 70 lines as containing errors, when in reality, they don't. It's down to 60 now.
Update
Wow, it's been a while since the last one! But it's time again for an update. I have yet to add sending of files, so integrated debugging will be a ways off, but I have gotten the emulator integrated into tiDE. If you'd like to try it out, you can get the latest source code here (windows only). Click on Tools>Options to modify the global settings (where you can specify a ROM file). Then you can use Debug>Launch Emulator to run the emulator with that ROM file. In addition, it's a great way to see the global settings implementation, which is generated at runtime (though not very well). I'll improve upon that later as well.
In other news, you can still use it to create 8xp files and ROM files, though the assembler does not work perfectly. If you'd like to try it out, I'd love to hear about your experiences trying to get your existing programs working. You can currently make quite a bit with tiDE, you just can't debug it (though with this update, we are one step closer).

I will just leave this here as well >.> <.<
Looking good! Can it automatically load the program onto the emulator after assembling the code?
No. It will be able to, but at the moment the emulator doesn't support receiving files.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 6 of 8
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours