yeah DCS was in a ROM image I have laying around....makes a good screenshot though Razz
I just added a page here where you can see detailed information about the progress and status of each individual feature, so you know how your most anticipated features are coming along.
I just added Include File Persistence today, which is a very cool way of speeding up assembly time. When you first assemble your project, it parses all the include files normally, but it also saves all of the parsed information to memory. On the subsequent builds, if the include file hasn't changed since the last build, it skips that include file! So if you were including ti83plus.inc, for example, you shave off about 4 seconds per build. To give you an example of the impact this has, I assembled a simple program:

Code:
nolist
include "ti83plus.inc"
list

org $9D93
db $BB, $6D
Start:
   bcall(_RunIndicOff)
   bcall(_ClrLCDFull)
   bcall(_HomeUp)
   ld hl, msg
   bcall(_PutS)
   bcall(_GetKey)
   ret
msg:
   .db "Hello World!", 0

The first time I assembled this file, it took 4.653 seconds. The second time (after ti83plus.inc was pre-parsed in memory), it took only 0.125 seconds! (That's a gain of more than 37,000% in speed).

In other news, I also added code folding for z80 assembly and TI-Basic, so you can collapse the contents of labels while you work so they're out of the way (in TI-Basic, you can collapse loops and If statements). I extended the functionality of auto-replacement in TI-Basic to include a few more symbols (auto-replacement replaces certain sequences of characters as you type with their un-typeable equivalents, for example, "->" is replaced with "→"), and added Find/Replace to the editor, with support for regular expressions if you so choose.
Code completion!

Not bad at all, although I worry that if people need that, they're probably not good enough at ASM to be writing it in the first place, as it's not the sort of language where you can see what opcodes would be applicable to what you're doing as you go. Smile Regardless, keep up the good work, it's a nifty feature.
I like it as its just a nice refresher as your going along. And eventually it should have byte counts for instructions, which will serve very useful as well as the T-State info in my opinion.

Also latest tiDE successfully compiles TWITCH wahoo!

err scratch that it works but something is still busted when you lose....
KermMartian wrote:
Not bad at all, although I worry that if people need that, they're probably not good enough at ASM to be writing it in the first place, as it's not the sort of language where you can see what opcodes would be applicable to what you're doing as you go. Smile Regardless, keep up the good work, it's a nifty feature.

It also auto-completes it if you press enter. Pressing enter at the time of the screenshot will insert this into the document:

Code:
ld ( + ),

And will place your cursor right after the first parenthesis.

In addition to opcodes, it also provides information about each label and constant, so you could start typing "_Clr" and see all of the equates from ti83plus.inc that start with those characters, which can then be completed by pressing enter on the correct one. Today I added code that can bring in documentation for an include from an XML file:

I'll add XML documentation for DCS7.inc soon as well.
This screenshots are getting better and better, I really like the Environment of programming, looks so good Smile
Thanks! Glad to hear you like it.
One visual thing that bugs me is the calculator; I wish the keys and LCD were one unit when both displayed, rather than having the border between them. I also don't like how the keypad is stretched. I don't mind the ability to show only the LCD, of course.
You can rearrange and reorganize the entire interface as it pleases you.
SirCmpwn wrote:
You can rearrange and reorganize the entire interface as it pleases you.
To the extent that you can combine the calculator keypad and LCD?
Not quite. But you can remove the keypad, and use just the window, like you proposed.
SirCmpwn wrote:
Not quite. But you can remove the keypad, and use just the window, like you proposed.
No no, I can tell that I can do that. I'm saying that when they're both visible, I'd prefer a continuous, realistic calculator, like WabbitEmu.
I can look into it.
SirCmpwn wrote:
I can look into it.
Nifty. Any new progress on features or components, or have you not had a chance to work on tiDE recently?
Recently, I haven't had a chance, because I've been redesigning our company website, which takes up a lot of time. I'll do more work on it soon. [If anyone is interested, I've made a pretty cool website - old vs new.
SirCmpwn wrote:
Recently, I haven't had a chance, because I've been redesigning our company website, which takes up a lot of time. I'll do more work on it soon. [If anyone is interested, I've made a pretty cool website - old vs new.
New makes my eyes a lot less sad; kudos. Smile So what progress and problems?
Progress - very minor bug changes and very minor features.
Problems - can't develop on linux, so I can only do it right before and right after work.
Well, any progress in a positive direction is good, so congratulations and keep it up. That is indeed a problem, hope your dev conditions get better soon.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 7 of 8
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours