I tend to idle in Cemetech often, if not keep the tab open then sleep the computer for a long duration. After which I can wake back up and resume reading the Cemetech SAX - as my IRC Port is constantly getting interrupted or something.

Now, the idle timeout on Cemetech seems to be about 90 minutes. After which you "Enter the room" when you view a new page - or post in SAX. However after timing out and typing a line and pressing "Say," the text never gets added to the conversation, instead you "Enter the room" and after to type all over again Sad
...and you want me to come up with a way so that doesn't happen. Smile Yeah, I've thought about this one before, and I'm still not precisely sure what the best way to handle it is, so let me talk it out. The reason that you reenter the room when you say is that that causes you to be issued a new session ID (SID), but of course SAX doesn't know about your new SID, so nothing in particular happens, and your talking is rejected until you refresh the page to fetch your new SID. Therefore, my choices are (1) return the new SID to SAX, and let it re-issue the request with the new SID, or (2) silently update the SID and then post with the new SID. Actually, it's obvious to me writing this out that only (1) would work, because with (2) only the first line would work. Huzzah, thanks for letting me talk this out, I'll give it a try.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours