The Geographic Member Map on the About page doesn't work. I get the following php error message:
Quote:
Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: unable to connect to netgeo.caida.org:80 in /home/aheamizw/public_html/about/ipplot.php on line 109
Could not open socket to caida.org
Welcome to Cemetech, ti84p! I know you have been lurking and spending some time on the IRC channel, so it's nice to see you posting. I hope you'll hang out, share your projects, learn things from us, and teach us stuff in return. Regarding the Map, I will look into this tomorrow, this was on my To-Do list long ago and somehow fell off. I would appreciate anyone reminding me if I somehow forget. Smile
*bump* Just wantedto note that this is all fixed now.

http://www.cemetech.net/about/usermap.php
It says I'm on the east coast around Maryland O_o
Don't worry. It thinks I'm in Australia.
And I live with Amkil in a box at the Motordrome
Nice, me and Adamac15 are the only programmers in South Carolina. Win
xXEpicxXXxFailXx wrote:
Nice, me and Adamac15 are the only programmers in South Carolina. Win
Ah, so it got one right? That's good to hear. Smile
They have computers in South Carolina?
...Accually I wasn't born there, I was born in Boston, Ma, and brought my own pc. Very Happy
xXEpicxXXxFailXx wrote:
...Accually I wasn't born there, I was born in Boston, Ma, and brought my own pc. Very Happy
Then it still got it right. This would be significantly more impressive (and creepy) if it could figure out where you were born. Laughing
How is the map populated?
benryves wrote:
The most-frequently posted-from IP of each user that has made at least one post is taken and passed through an IP to location service, which is then placed on the map.
It got rcfreak0 correct, and I think jpez as well, but me and Tari are still WAY WAY off, both of us should be in SE WI, but instead he's in Texas and I'm in Cali. You may need to look into which ever GeoIP service you are using and find a better one. :/
the only Illinosian Cemetech user I recognize that isn't my brother is Svakk

Also, it got me correct-ish. It's got me plotted at my college, not my house, where it has "I'm Bob"...
KermMartian wrote:
benryves wrote:
The most-frequently posted-from IP of each user that has made at least one post is taken and passed through an IP to location service, which is then placed on the map.
You need a better IP to location service, then, as I'm apparently just North of the Los Angeles International Airport (there's an extraordinarily large clump of users there).
benryves wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
benryves wrote:
You need a better IP to location service, then, as I'm apparently just North of the Los Angeles International Airport (there's an extraordinarily large clump of users there).
Yeah, I noticed that as well. Out of curiosity (I could look it up in about 90 seconds, but I'm being lazy), who is your ISP?
May I suggest: http://www.ip2location.com/ From the same people who brought you "what is my ip."

I must say though, this service isn't as accurate with my location as your other one.
comicIDIOT wrote:
May I suggest: http://www.ip2location.com/ From the same people who brought you "what is my ip."

I must say though, this service isn't as accurate with my location as your other one.

http://www.ip2location.com/ip-country-region-city-latitude-longitude-isp-domain.aspx

$649/year (Single Server) Sad
I'm using Homecall aka Pipex aka Tiscali. Unfortunately the database I use only goes as far as the nearest country.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours