http://www.mediafire.com/?zkvmnvinegz

So I have a nice explosion and some debris left behind, but there's just one problem. The explosion is off center by about 100%. I can't find any problem with the scripts, so I'm thinking it might be an obscure engine problem. Go ahead and give it a shot, see if you can figure out what's wrong. Also this now modifies the nuke. Enjoy.
How do you modify the nuke? Also, I'll take a look.
it changes the nuke to a smaller explosion with a mushroom cloud. I'd actually like to change it so the mushroom cloud is just smoke, not a fireball... When that's done, go ahead and roll that into the core...
anything? or are you still working on other sh*t?
DShiznit wrote:
anything? or are you still working on other sh*t?
I second the question, although in a much more formal and less profane manner. Smile
This is relevant to your question.
Also, the planets die in one hit from any weapon, regardless of health or damage.
What object type are they?
staticshape
Curious. And you're defining maxDamage, disabledLevel and destroyedLevel in the datablock?
I might have left out maxdamage, but the other two are there...

Regardless, my main problem is with the explosion not appearing in the right place. I was planning on rewriting the damage code anyway so I'll burn that bridge when I come to it.
hmmm, well, keep in mind that the damage code should already have been reworked somewhat from what you're used to (though not too significantly). If you document your changes/improvements here as you're making them, it will make it easier for CyberPrime and I to roll them in to the core if they fit with providing the base platform.
I wonder if there's code used with staticshapes to offset explosions in accordance with scale, to compensate for bricks having their root point off center. If that were the case, that might explain why I'm running into this problem...
I doubt it......I never wrote code to do that, and it would have to be engine side.
so then what do you think is happening?
I'm not entirely sure actually. Is this being done automatically via the normal projectile/explosion methods, or are you doing something fancy to add an explosion by hand?
Normal methods. I have the explosion set for the static shape, which is why I was thinking some piece of code was messing with that. My alternative would be to create an explosion by hand onDeath. If I still had the problem then, I could add to or subtract from the planet's location to line it up. I've had problems with makeExplosion when particles are defined a certain way though...
DShiznit wrote:
Normal methods. I have the explosion set for the static shape, which is why I was thinking some piece of code was messing with that. My alternative would be to create an explosion by hand onDeath. If I still had the problem then, I could add to or subtract from the planet's location to line it up. I've had problems with makeExplosion when particles are defined a certain way though...

It's usually a pretty bad idea to try and spawn explosions by hand. It tends to be unstable.
I've never had stability suffer, but I do lose some particles if they're defined a certain way.
What is that certain way?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours