I forget.

It's either particleemitter = or emitter[0] = that won't render, at least in the 1.2 engine I've tried this in...
Oh, have you not tried in the 1.5 engine?
not yet.
So, any progress in finding out what's offsetting the explosion? Or am I gonna have to fsck around with manually creating the explosion onDeath or something?
DShiznit wrote:
So, any progress in finding out what's offsetting the explosion? Or am I gonna have to fsck around with manually creating the explosion onDeath or something?
Elfprince promised me on Facebook that he'll return in a few weeks, so I guess we'll see him then. Smile
crap. I guess I'll get started on gutting the current build so I can use the engine for my project...
DShiznit wrote:

I have no idea, but before you screw around too much, I'll tell you that it may be worth waiting until our current particle system has been replaced/supplemented with an OSG particle NodeKit.
elfprince13 wrote:
DShiznit wrote:

I have no idea, but before you screw around too much, I'll tell you that it may be worth waiting until our current particle system has been replaced/supplemented with an OSG particle NodeKit.
Sounds logical. BTW, this is not going to require modifying any of the existing maps, is it?>
KermMartian wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:
DShiznit wrote:

Sounds logical. BTW, this is not going to require modifying any of the existing maps, is it?>

My plan is to write plugins for the current terrain and interior formats, and maybe dts down the road as well, but maps are mostly dependent on terrain and interior so that's the clearer priority.
OK, I'm glad to hear it. How much work do you think that's going to require, based on what you know of the source and destination formats?
KermMartian wrote:
OK, I'm glad to hear it. How much work do you think that's going to require, based on what you know of the source and destination formats?

A couple days each, but not too much, because afaik, neither is anywhere near as crufty or complex as .dts models (which I actually know quite a lot about at this point).
Don't you need DTS support BEFORE DIF, since DIF interiors can have DTS models embedded in them?
DShiznit wrote:
Don't you need DTS support BEFORE DIF, since DIF interiors can have DTS models embedded in them?

hmm, this is a valid point. I may do a quicky DTS plugin to support the limited scope of features that can be baked into dif, and save the full features until later.
DShiznit wrote:
Oooooh, nice catch. We don't want to accidentally invalidate all of DShiznit's hard work in making cool models to put in maps!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours