Anyone?
Lucas W wrote:
Anyone?
I'm good, but thanks. Razz
Maybe when we have a presentable product Wink
elfprince13 wrote:
Maybe when we have a presentable product Wink
I vote when we finally have a presentable product in 10 years after stealing everyone's money at a whopping $1.50 a month, we let all the people who were unhappy about the rate of progress design the marketing for it. Very Happy
http://www.co.cc
http://0000free.com
I mean a REAL domain name.
Yes, we will without a doubt have a real domain name. And a donation button. A big one Razz
Lucas W wrote:
I mean a REAL domain name.
In due time, Lucas Razz

It'll arrive when we're ready to have a site Smile
We aren't ready now?
The game really isn't where we want it to be yet. It would be a great idea to have the structure setup, though. I can webhost and setup the forums and whatnot, I have plenty of experience there.
When will it be "where you want it"? A year? 2? 5?

Cemetech is good for developing and all, but it won't be good for the playing user base.
Lucas W wrote:

Cemetech is good for developing and all, but it won't be good for the playing user base.
And why not? Were there sufficient user interest, it would be trivial to break off a different area of the site with a different banner, such as fb.cemetech.net (or even from freebuild.com/net/org, since I can use multiple domains with my hosting package), while maintaining the current CMS etc.
Are people just meant to be flooding into the sub-forum of a Calculator site?
A separate domain hosted on the same server using the same CMS wouldn't be a calculator site, it would just share resources, which is more efficient anyway. There wouldn't be any calculator stuff on the Freebuild site, it would only have topics and such pertaining to the game. It might have a similar theme initially, but there's already plans to release cemetech's current theme for editing(it might be more than planned now, I haven't been on in over a week so I can't be sure) and I already got dibs on a lego one.
Lucas W wrote:

CyberPrime wrote:
The game really isn't where we want it to be yet. It would be a great idea to have the structure setup, though. I can webhost and setup the forums and whatnot, I have plenty of experience there.

Lucas, there's no point in expanding the user base if the project isn't where the developers want it. Let's not get ahead of ourselves. The downside to having a user base before you would like one is often times they're impatient and needy and will often times slow down the development. Be patient, it'll come when it comes. Smile

So as long as Freebuild is being developed, Cemetech is a perfectly suitable home for it. Once the decision is made by the developers to expand, then I'm sure it'll get it's own domain and site. Good Idea But again, that's up to the developers. It's their project. Wink
swivelgames wrote:
The downside to having a user base before you would like one is often times their impatient and needy
That sounds uncomfortably familiar. Very Happy

For the sake of Cemetech and my duties of promoting it, I'd be more than happy to make the Freebuild section have a bit of a customized look-and-feel, but I'd be happy waiting to discuss that with elfprince and Cyberprime when the time comes.
Quote:
So as long as Freebuild is being developed

Is it? I haven't heard any development news lately.
I just purchased all of those domains.
What about .info, .biz, .tv, .xxx (lol)
allynfolksjr wrote:
I just purchased all of those domains.
Only freebuild.com is owned, and by hitfarm.com, which I don't think is you. Very Happy

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours