So I've been doing a decent job of updating my little signature here on the forum as I progress. I've decided to post up a progress/change log on here, since I've become a little more dedicated to the project and taking notes of updates and documentation.

I'll post a daily log up, so I'm not posting like crazy. Here's the current list. Although, I'm hoping to focus the updates a little more.

The last few days, I've accomplished:
  • Created functional tiSAX client
  • Began planning of modules
  • Implemented beta module support
  • [BugFix] Fixed module skewing output buffer
  • Stretching support of notification module through user system
  • Completed revamping of registration and login functionality
  • Launched a "Coming Soon" front page, featuring the user system and module support.
  • Wrote mod_rewrite for aliases ("Login" as "?cp=login")
  • Noting bugs caused by rewrite conflicts (favicon, sax, etc)
  • Integrating optional URL masking support
  • Added URL masking support
  • Rewrote permalink generator and added gen_page_url()
  • Remedied some erroneous code in gen_page_url()
Next thing on my ToDo list is to write a SAX module to continue to beta module support. After that I need a way to package it and "install" it. I was going to do this with the Notifications module, but I ended up integrating that (as well as the support for optional URL masking). So I need to write another module that'll test the module support a bit and give me something to package up later. The SAX module won't be the same as the tiSAX module that I'll write later for my own site.

After that I'm going to start work on planning and implementing component support Smile

Anyway, that's kind of where I'm at with this whole project. It's coming along pretty smoothly, despite the slowness factor due to priorities and responsibilities (one being taking care of my older sister Smile ).
July 15th, 2010
  • Fixed permalink declaration issues
  • Began work on new module: Chat
  • Split common.php into main.php
  • Fixed $basedir problems
  • Allowed for stand-alone module files
Hopefully much more to be done for today. Just a somewhat verbose list Smile
Tell me about this Chat module. Smile
Nikky update: continues not to care.
KermMartian wrote:
Tell me about this Chat module. Smile
It'll basically be a rewrite of my Blimox mod for phpBB3. Basically a database-driven SAX-like client with a CP and management features and such Smile

The mockup of the Blimox for phpBB3:

Some screenies of the actual mod:
http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/4061/scr1da2565cmo4.png
http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/4535/scr25dae4f1tk9.png

It won't be the exact same, of course (mainly the theme because the way the program is written, styles are adapted to the current theme). The coding for it was all fresh and raw (no libraries), and I may retrieve the old source and write adapt the mod off the old code to save time.

After Lemur gets more stable and I'm finished with a large portion of the documentation behind it, I'd be interested to see you adapt SAX into it as a module Very Happy

I'm going to leave SAX up to you to write, since it is your project Smile

I'd be interested to see what you whip up (if anything) once instance linking is implemented (a while down the road). Can you say custom tiSAX networks?! Very Happy

I've actually got quite a few feature requests for that I might have to write down, if the future brings it Laughing
Nifty, I've always wished I had a dedicated server so I could make tiSAX more powerful and robust. One of these days, when I learn to monetize Cemetech for myself. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
Nifty, I've always wished I had a dedicated server so I could make tiSAX more powerful and robust. One of these days, when I learn to monetize Cemetech for myself. Smile
Hey, hey. I'll want a split when you use me to photograph your things such as Ultimate Calc! Evil or Very Mad

Razz
comicIDIOT wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Hey, hey. I'll want a split when you use me to photograph your things such as Ultimate Calc! Evil or Very Mad

Razz
I smell a trap, wouldn't that mean I would need to send it to you? Laughing
KermMartian wrote:
I'm definitely going to invest in one when I have the luxury to. Can't wait for that day to come Good Idea

KermMartian wrote:
comicIDIOT wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Razz
I smell a trap, wouldn't that mean I would need to send it to you? 0x5
Stick to the plan, Alex. Stick to the plan!

Laughing
July 16th, 2010
  • Fixed the illusive cookie problem
  • Optimizing template engine for irregular basepaths
  • High execution times. Analyzing execution structure
  • Fixing stand-alone module files using relative paths
  • Rolled back template.php to currently live version
  • Reoptimized template.php
  • Began planning of stand-alone module file support
  • Rollback reintroduced cookie bug. Fixing...
  • Fixed cookie bug - No httpOnly cookies?
It's a sad thing that I've been so swamped with getting the house ready for sale that I've only been able to focus minimal attention on this project, but that will change soon, hopefully.

July 21st, 2010
  • Wrote Session class to replace old user framework
  • Implemented Session class
  • Fixed Session class implementation bugs
  • Updating live version for continued beta testing
Now to implement it across the whole system! That'll be either happen late tomorrow or Thursday. Can't wait to test drive it! Smile
I'm looking forward to seeing if this (hopefully) fixes the cookie problems you'd been having. Good luck. Smile
Yeah, so am I.

I've finished implementing it on my dev server. I just need to find the time to sit down and go through the bug checking process to see if it still exists. It never existed on my home server, so I can't debug it there. The new user framework is functional and bug-less to my dev server's standards, thankfully. Now I just need to throw it onto the site and debug it there Wink
(double post D: )

Done! It works great Smile

I haven't found any problems. Anyone willing to test it out, just login and logout consecutively about 3 times. Record the "Execution Time" for each try, submit them, and note whether or not you're presented the login form after you've submitted your credentials correctly. Thanks in advance! I could definitely use the help in testing here and there Smile
Works great, no auto log-outs. Great work!
Awesome! Glad to hear it Smile

Anyone else have reports of it working or not? If so, post them up. Be sure to post any other bugs you find as well!

http://www.swivelgames.com/

Thanks to all who are willing.

Next is to continue work on the chat module, to finish up bug checking the module system Smile
swivelgames wrote:
Awesome! Glad to hear it Smile
The first time I did log in I was directed back to log in. But the next three were flawless.

I'll try it out after clearing my cache and cookies.
Alright, thanks. Yeah, lemme know. I'll do a few tests right now as well just to make sure.
Worked out well for me. The only thing was the redirect to the homepage took a long time, not sure what happened there. Once I got to the homepage, though, I refreshed a few times and I remained logged in.
July 22st, 2010
  • Fixed cookie bug, finally!
  • Optimized template class
  • Preparing for transition to mysqli from DatabaseObject
  • Completed mysqli transition
  • Rolled back to before mysqli transition (mysqli not supported on live server?)

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours