What is your primary mode of transportation?
Own car
 36%  [ 4 ]
Someone else's car
 36%  [ 4 ]
Bus
 9%  [ 1 ]
Train
 9%  [ 1 ]
Bike
 0%  [ 0 ]
Walking
 9%  [ 1 ]
Boat
 0%  [ 0 ]
Horseback
 0%  [ 0 ]
I NEVER go anywhere.
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 11

in my state, you take dirvers Ed (24 hours of class, 6 hours of driving) then they hand you a certificate. Then go down to secretary pof state and get a level 1 liscense, which is really a permit. You drive on that for at least 3 months, coplete 30 hours driving, with at least 2 at night, and take another drivers ed class of a about 6 hours in length total. You then wait till you have the level 1 for at least 6 months, and complete a total of 50 hours of driving, at least 10 at night, and take a road test. Then, back to the secretary of state to get a level 2, which means solo driving except between midnight and 5 A.M. You then wait for 6 months, or until you are 17, whichever is later, and you get a level 3, which is full driving, so recap,
level 1: parents/over 21 only
level 2: solo unless between midnight and 5 A.M.
level 3: solo 24/7

I have a level 2
Wow, that sounds like a pain, rivereye. For Me:
Level 1: Class, 30 hours driving with parents.
Level 2: 6 months Solo, or with as many family members as you want and up to 1 non-family member.
Level 3: No restrictions.

I'm so close to level 3...just need to wait to Dec. 5, and then I'm free!
I have the same as John's. I am at level 2 and January 12 I get level 3 Very Happy
It's discussions like this that make me feel old. :\
Same here, I am 21...
a. Here you don't have to take driver's ed if you don't want (i didn't)

16-18: restricted liscense (basically you have a crufew w/ exceptions)
18+: full, unrestricted, do-whatever-you-want liscense

To get a driver's liscence, you just have to pass a driving test, and to have had your permit for 6months (lasts for 1 year)
Souns like you have the same as me...I just did more detail...
Possible hierarchy for biking license:
1) Biker's Ed 50 consecutive hrs
2) Learner's permit (state forces you to buy a tandem bike and ride around w/ parent)
3) Full license
Laughing
kirb wrote:
Souns like you have the same as me...I just did more detail...

yeah, its close

permit at 15 tho, none of that 18 crap Wink (the new law here made the restricte d liscence, at 16 to 18 - i was only a year or two off from not even having to have a restricted liscence...oh well)
Surprising how no one rides on horseback Just Joking . It's another of those infinitely-gas-efficient vehicles. Just don't step on the exhaust Laughing .
sorry, horse is something that never caught on with me, not even on Mackinac, where the primary transportation is horses
Kuro wrote:
Possible hierarchy for biking license:
1) Biker's Ed 50 consecutive hrs
2) Learner's permit (state forces you to buy a tandem bike and ride around w/ parent)
3) Full license
Laughing

ROTFL...*shudder*
The first step is always the hardest!! Laughing
Eh, why would you even want biking licenses though?!
Maybe you're just too lazy to get a driver's license.
*shudder*^pi
Surprised This is so not fair...what states do you guys live in? Sad

I was working on designs for a hovercraft, but I'm beginning to scrape that because it would be illegal to drive on roads, and too big for sidewalks (that and there aren't many sidewalks where I live anyway Crying)
Hovercraft, ha! Coralskippers are the way to go! (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/coralskipper)
Don't feel bad if you don't understand it. Most people don't.
oh come on... lets be feasible here...

i was planning on building one of those helicopter kits... that way i could fly around and outrun the Saluda cops...
What's so bad about "technological" Laughing unfeasibility? Just Joking

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours