Lucas W wrote:
ok, well delete it now, some sounds were for personal use only. No sound mod for anyone now. seeya!

Also, technically all the other sounds in TBG were made by the original TBM developers, and there still are alot of stuff made by them that is still in TBG.
Weren't the things they requested removed removed? I had been under the impression that that was the case, but please correct me if I'm under a mistaken impression. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
Lucas W wrote:
ok, well delete it now, some sounds were for personal use only. No sound mod for anyone now. seeya!

Also, technically all the other sounds in TBG were made by the original TBM developers, and there still are alot of stuff made by them that is still in TBG.
Weren't the things they requested removed removed? I had been under the impression that that was the case, but please correct me if I'm under a mistaken impression. Smile

They wanted ALL content made by them out of the game.
I'm beginning to see the wisdom of ShadowZ's idea to just start from scratch. We could still copy over any weapon models and sounds we're allowed to use(including all my weapon models) and re-script them in a fresh, organized base we can do exactly what we want with, rather than d!ck around with 5-year-old broken up code and content we're not sure if we're allowed to use...
DShiznit wrote:
I'm beginning to see the wisdom of ShadowZ's idea to just start from scratch. We could still copy over any weapon models and sounds we're allowed to use(including all my weapon models) and re-script them in a fresh, organized base we can do exactly what we want with, rather than d!ck around with 5-year-old broken up code and content we're not sure if we're allowed to use...
Heartily agreed, but I was already under the impression that that is what elfprince13 and CyberPrime were envisioning as well, and that after they got the engine all set, they would replace the artistic assets. I thought that was the reasoning behind the call for scripters, modelers, and mappers. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
DShiznit wrote:
Heartily agreed, but I was already under the impression that that is what elfprince13 and CyberPrime were envisioning as well, and that after they got the engine all set, they would replace the artistic assets. I thought that was the reasoning behind the call for scripters, modelers, and mappers. Smile

That is essentially what's happening right now, which is why it has taken so long (along with me saving the world and all). The old content was originally left in place to support easy testing of support for old features.
Hehe, saving the world with COLD! Glad to hear it, and my offer still stands as far as art, textures, mapping, and all that.
I wonder why no one comes to help..... well, it couldn't be that it's buried away in a Calculator site, couldn't be the cost for SVN. It couldn't be that you aren't putting yourself out there. So, I don't know?
Lucas W wrote:
I wonder why no one comes to help..... well, it couldn't be that it's buried away in a Calculator site, couldn't be the cost for SVN. It couldn't be that you aren't putting yourself out there. So, I don't know?
Oh geez, here comes the drama again. Laughing
Lucas W wrote:

There is exactly zero cost for anyone who isn't an engine developer, Cemetech is VERY largely non-calculator discussion, and if you want JUST freebuild, it is easy to go here. As for advertising, we have a community here with some very capable developers, and no one with the interest to work on it.
/me makes a note to himself to make a special Freebuild banner to replace the calculator image that will only show when pages are being viewed by Lucas' IP.
Quote:
There is exactly zero cost for anyone who isn't an engine developer
ToB has zero cost aswell. People develop for that because it has a community. Also, TBG has hardly any ground breaking features that would make the ToB userbase want to play TBG (Also, lack of multiplayer doesn't help either)

Quote:
Cemetech is VERY largely non-calculator discussion

*Points to logo* Unless that logo is going, this will always be a Calculator site.

Quote:
and if you want JUST freebuild, it is easy to go here

The people (ie. none) that come to look at TBG will not know of this. This is not a workaround, this is laziness.

Quote:
As for advertising, we have a community here with some very capable developers, and no one with the interest to work on it.

Then don't advertise to them! Advertise to other people, ones that might work on TBG. I have yet to even see a topic anywhere asking for help, or asking for volunteers. I'm sure someone over at ToB forums might be interested, you could always try?

Quote:
That is essentially what's happening right now, which is why it has taken so long

All I see is a copy of TBM2 with Cemetech smeared all over it.

You also seem to not be able to follow a list of instructions (I don't want to know what goes on when you go shopping for grocery's) as 90% of content that has been requested removed is still in the game, I wonder why they haven't come back to complain?(not sarcasm)
I'm gonna make a new post with what I believe to be their plan...
DShiznit wrote:
Thanks for that. Smile

Lucas, that logo really bugs you, doesn't it? I'm seriously considering making you your own personal logo. Very Happy
KermMartian wrote:
DShiznit wrote:
Thanks for that. Smile

Lucas, that logo really bugs you, doesn't it? I'm seriously considering making you your own personal logo. Very Happy

Amon other things listed.
Lucas W wrote:
Also, TBG has hardly any ground breaking features that would make the ToB userbase want to play TBG (Also, lack of multiplayer doesn't help either)

The ToB developers all have a vested interested in TBG (or did at one point). I haven't gotten that much help from them, except for DShiznit and FeedBack's content contributions.

Quote:
The people (ie. none) that come to look at TBG will not know of this. This is not a workaround, this is laziness.

It's a standard feature of forum software. Nonetheless Kerm and I have been discussing some improvements in response to your complaints.

Quote:
I'm sure someone over at ToB forums might be interested, you could always try?

I stopped bothering because know one there expressed interest back when I was posting development updates to you lot on a daily basis. And because most of you were checking in here as well.

Quote:
All I see is a copy of TBM2 with Cemetech smeared all over it.

That's because you don't read code. Very, very, little of TBM2 remains in code. The other stuff is there for testing.

I'm pretty sure we deleted all the map content and weapons that were requested we delete (and with a few weapons, we modeled replacements); however, my guess is that if any content remains they haven't returned to complain, because all they really wanted was to publicly disassociate themselves from this project and make it clear they weren't involved.
Who's the "ToB Developers"? Do you mean Dshiznit or the community?
What about Elrune? He's helped for atleast 1 thing, and yes, he is a "ToB Developer".

It might be a standard feature, but this game is for standard users.

A daily basis?! When did that happen?

Elf, we both know I have read some of your code, like that time when I did the datablock thing?

On the disassociation, is all ToB content removed? since TBG is not affiliated with ToB in any way and all.
Lucas W wrote:
Who's the "ToB Developers"? Do you mean Dshiznit or the community?
What about Elrune? He's helped for atleast 1 thing, and yes, he is a "ToB Developer".

Dshiznit, Elrune, Wiggy. Dshiznit has been helpful with content, Elrune and Wiggy haven't seemed very interested.

Quote:
It might be a standard feature, but this game is for standard users.

Quote:
A daily basis?! When did that happen?

Back when I racked up a few hundred posts on the old ToB forums Wink

Quote:
Elf, we both know I have read some of your code, like that time when I did the datablock thing?

We both know that content datablocks weren't my code, and aren't even really code at all, but content. Just for fun though I'm running a diffmerge comparison between my Freebuild and OrangeBlock folders .

Reality check: (just for fun, I'll point out that the files that are the same are all .dml or .DS_Store, triggers.cs which is stock torque, or a couple init.cs's)

Quote:
On the disassociation, is all ToB content removed? since TBG is not affiliated with ToB in any way and all.

What ToB content are you even talking about?

[edit]
just for fun, our engine source tree has 90 or so source files that don't even exist in stock torque, and another 130 that have been modified well beyond the original engine.
If you read my post, you'll notice they plan to DELETE F*CKING EVERYTHING once the engine is complete. That means all content gets removed. Anything they want(that they're allowed to use of course) can then be reintegrated in an organized fashion.
Regarding elfprince's post, I think a fair chunk of the contents in vehicle.cs may actually have been my responsibility, if my memory is correct, and needless to say I'm all for my content being in Freebuild.
Also, running a comparison between FreeBuild and ToB will find just as little as a comparison between ToB and TBM2(go ahead, try it), as I modified just about every script in one way or another. I would be interested to see what a comparison between a stock TBM2 install and the current build of Freebuild would look like, though it's meaningless if they plan to delete everything anyway...

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours