willrandship wrote:
The patio is still in progress, we've laid out some sand and we need to get it level for the bricks to lay on.
Good stuff, good luck with it. Smile

willrandship wrote:
I've never tried UT, but from past experience I doubt I would enjoy it much. For FPSes, I prefer 1 player ones, especially puzzle ones like half life and portal. Half life 2 was okay, but I would have preferred more creeping around in air vents and less shooting zombies.
I enjoy a good puzzle FPS too, but there's nothing like pulling out a rocket launcher or a flak cannon in UT2k4. Smile

willrandship wrote:
AutoCAD probably would be easier to use, since they won't have as many fancy options, like texturing. It's mainly for designing real-world stuff and less for making 3d computer stuff, if I'm not mistaken.

Can blender output cad files? That would be really cool, because my dad uses that kind of stuff a lot. That software isn't cheap!
Yes, it can indeed; cf. the link rthprog gave. Smile
I started drawing up ideas to arrange my room for maximum studio space and plan get started on it soon!

Also been getting raving reviews from work but am stopping myself from spending large amounts of money until I make it past my 90 probation period - end of the month! After that it'll be new studio, new computer then new cameras!
comicIDIOT wrote:
I started drawing up ideas to arrange my room for maximum studio space and plan get started on it soon!

Also been getting raving reviews from work but am stopping myself from spending large amounts of money until I make it past my 90 probation period - end of the month! After that it'll be new studio, new computer then new cameras!
That's awesome! I hope you'll be drawing up some sketches or renders or models, as I did when I was designing my room. Smile
Cool! the only Open-source 3D CAD program I knew of was BRL-CAD, and it kinda sucks in the gui department.
I did some simple calc programming, began various calc projects (calc to internet project, and a super famous one), and did some Python program writing (not exactly legit stuff, but feel free to email me if you want to play with it). Wink Other than that, I've been bogged down with AP assignments, SAT studying, and a writing class for the summer. Sad

@willrandship: Blender's GUI is horrifyingly ugly and hard to use. Wink Although I got used to it, you may find it a bit tricky to use. Blender 2.5 is slated to fix that (in fact, if you downloaded an SVN build, you'll find the sharp contrast between Blender 2.4.x and 2.5 to be astonishing).
KermMartian wrote:
That's awesome! I hope you'll be drawing up some sketches or renders or models, as I did when I was designing my room. Smile
I lack the CAD abilities and software along with the ability to draw anything. But you can count on photos! Very Happy
comicIDIOT wrote:
I lack the CAD abilities and software along with the ability to draw anything. But you can count on photos! Very Happy[/quote] Oh come on, certainly you could sketch some dimensioned views on paper and scan them. Smile I'm sure your artistic abilities are more than up to the task.
Well, when summer started I thought I would finally sit down and program a good game, given the fact I had nothing to do but simple house chores. That changed quickly when I got the chance to visit my hometown of Boston, MA. So I did, for a month. WAY longer then I anticipated. On the bright side, that was when I learned of the DCS7 contest. So I scraped up some cash and bought a TI-84+SE (tax was horrible!) and got to work. Came home and trashed the project because it wasn't win-worthy (another simple xlib rpg) and started anew with my current project. However, a few days later, I had to go to Clemson University to partake in 2 classes (Intercultural Communications, and Biology II H) so that it would look good on my record. That took up a week of my time, but it was not a waste, for it inspired me to start learning Japanese through Rosetta Stone. After that, there wasn't much time for anything before school, which I started today. Now it looks as if there isn't time to do much, I'm already loaded with Honors Geometry and Algebra II GT work.

This whole summer went by way too fast!
Tell me about the summer going too fast, I feel exactly the same way. Razz I'm glad you got yourself a (new?) (another?) (a first?) calculator, but I'm unclear whether you do indeed have an awesome entry for the contest, or if you won't have enough time to finish in the three weeks left.
KermMartian wrote:
Tell me about the summer going too fast, I feel exactly the same way. Razz I'm glad you got yourself a (new?) (another?) (a first?) calculator, but I'm unclear whether you do indeed have an awesome entry for the contest, or if you won't have enough time to finish in the three weeks left.

The TI-84+SE is my 2nd.
As for my entry, it is an awesome idea for the DCS libs, but I doubt I have enough time to finish.

Guess I'll just have to wait and see.
xXEpicxXXxFailXx wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

The TI-84+SE is my 2<sup>nd</sup>.
As for my entry, it is an awesome idea for the DCS libs, but I doubt I have enough time to finish.

Guess I'll just have to wait and see.
Aww, I hope that you do indeed have enough time. I can only assume that your first is probably a TI-83+ BE?
*bump* It occurred to me that at one point the majority of the people on Cemetech were in high school or younger, and I get the feeling that now there's quite a decent percentage of us that are college-age or older. Is that accurate?
Well, there are those of us who are long past that and who spent their summer the same way they spend their winter, spring and autumn: working. Sad
benryves wrote:
Well, there are those of us who are long past that and who spent their summer the same way they spend their winter, spring and autumn: working. Sad
Unfortunately, this is true. Sad Of the active members, I know that several of us are in college, at least I am in grad school, and I think three or four (including yourself) have full-time jobs.
well, at any rate, it is back to being surrounded by r-tards in September
qazz42 wrote:
well, at any rate, it is back to being surrounded by r-tards in September
Maybe in real life, but my hope is that September will bring an influx of eager programmers and calculator enthusiasts to Cemetech, spurred by a love for calculators and technology, and seeking to write programs to run under and next to Doors CS. Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours