comicIDIOT wrote:
Yeah, give it a shot! Can't hurt.
All done. Now there are difference little icons for the subsubfora: plus-page for new post(s), arrow-page for no new post(s), plus the days ago is there now and "Last post in" has been removed. TIFreak, Comic, what do you guys think? I quite like it.
I like it as well. I really like it!
comicIDIOT wrote:
I like it as well. I really like it!
Excellent, me too; I hope tifreak8x is equally pleased with it. In the meantime, are there any other consolidations or creations that I forgot about, or shall we focus on discussing C6m? Also note the Stats thread that I just updated.
Very nice modification Kerm, I think for now that won't be too bad, pending how many people get added to that subforum. :p
tifreak8x wrote:
Very nice modification Kerm, I think for now that won't be too bad, pending how many people get added to that subforum. :p
Aye, that's my main concern, that more subsubfora are going to make the list impossibly tall.
Just a last second request before the news article is written, published. It'd be real nice if the "New Forum Posts" list (four tall) on the main page became "Recent Forum Topics."

We sometimes have really popular topics that spam the "New Forum Posts" for an hour or more and sometimes other threads are dead for a few hours and three posts in one topic over the course of five hours. I think "Recent Forum Topics" would be a better way to share the wealth.
It would be a good idea too, IMHO. Also, it would be nice if the new post list wasn't entirely marked as read on our next visit. Sometimes, I login, check new posts, but have to go very soon, but forget to not close that browser tab. Next time I get online, all the posts I didn't read no longer show up on the list.
I totally agree.... It bugs me when I am gone for a while, but miss alot because I forget what topics I am watching and such...
comicIDIOT wrote:
Just a last second request before the news article is written, published. It'd be real nice if the "New Forum Posts" list (four tall) on the main page became "Recent Forum Topics."

We sometimes have really popular topics that spam the "New Forum Posts" for an hour or more and sometimes other threads are dead for a few hours and three posts in one topic over the course of five hours. I think "Recent Forum Topics" would be a better way to share the wealth.
Well, that's not really a last-second request, since the site updates article is due to be posted on Tuesday. Tomorrow is the one-week warning for the contest. Duly noted though, and I definitely agree. I might even choose only topics that have X total number of posts, or X posts in the past D days or H hours. What do you think?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 4 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours