Yes folks, that's right. *another* spriter Razz This time designed by yours truly Wink

You specify the X and Y size of the spriter, and the size of each box. By pressing some key at the very beginning (before the input statements come in) it will use your previous X Y and size of each box. It will create hex outputs for use in axe, as well as show you a display at the lower right of what the sprite looks like pixel by pixel Granted, this is the sprite editor I use on my calculator, so I will think it is very good, but I really do think it is a good one Wink

Controls:
Arrow keys-move the cursor around
2nd-invert the pixel
Enter-create the hex for the sprite
Clear-clear the sprite

Enjoy Smile

>>>Link<<<
I hope it will also create hex outputs that can be used for icons for DCS BASIC programs. Smile That sounds great, are we going to get screenshots for this as well?
Oh, the only reason that it creates outputs for axe is because it auto adds the "[" that axe uses for hex data. Remove the "[" and it will work fine for anything else that uses hex for sprites...

Also just realized that if you make it 5x5, it sometimes won't create a correct 5x5 icon, sometimes it will be corrupted (the last line) So, for those you may want to say that it is 8x8, but really make a 5x5 Very Happy
Oh good, if it makes 5x5 icons as well, then it'll work for generating icons for GUIRSmallWins and GUIRLargeWins! Smile
it can make 32x32 sprites if you wanted to Razz (well... that might be pushing it... maybe 30x30 with a 2 size box)
_player1537 wrote:
it can make 32x32 sprites if you wanted to Razz (well... that might be pushing it... maybe 30x30 with a 2 size box)
Because of the border between pixels, I assume? Still, not bad. Do you plan on adding any additional features to this, or keeping it as-is. For example, is a GUI in the works anywhere?
It may be... I had an old sprite editor that had some amazing features, so I will probably try to incorporate them.
_player1537 wrote:
It may be... I had an old sprite editor that had some amazing features, so I will probably try to incorporate them.
Ah, so it's not a finished projects, that's very good to hear. Needless to say I'm most interested in how it could help people with Doors CS development, but regardless, good luck!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours