err, let me try after my noms
qazz42 wrote:
err, let me try after my noms
OK, let me know what you find. In the meantime I can work on fine-tuning my description of Doors CS 7.0 for the final release. Actually, does anyone have any suggestions?

Doors CS 7.0 is the ultimate shell and GUI for your TI graphing calculator. Run any BASIC or ASM program, including MirageOS, Ion, Doors CS, and nostub programs. Organize your programs into folders, edit program properties or programs directly from Doors CS, or use the HomeRun feature to run any program from the TI-OS homescreen. Doors CS is built to be extremely user-friendly, using a mouse-based interface to appeal to users used to using computers who are frustrated by the infinite menus one must navigate on a TI calculator. On the opposite end of the user spectrum, it includes myriad keyboard shortcuts so that those who prefer to use a keyboard to a mouse can quickly and efficiently move through Doors CS. Doors CS 7.0 contains full libraries for xLIB, Celtic III, PicArc, Omnicalc, and the new DCSB Libs; eliminate all your apps and replace them with Doors CS 7!
and DCS8 better have calcnet, it must be done!
qazz42 wrote:
and DCS8 better have calcnet, it must be done!
Once I get Doors CS 7 finished and a few other things cleared off my plate, I will definitely be happy to take a swing at CALCnet again. Qazz and everyone else, let me know about possible edits or suggested descriptions, and also if anyone can replicate the cut-paste bug in a duplicable way.
ok, it is replicatable

I had a folder, I cut remote8x, go into the folder, paste (nothing hpapens) I go to main desktop, and remote8x is now remote8u

edit: emu8x problems persist
qazz42 wrote:
ok, it is replicatable

I had a folder, I cut remote8x, go into the folder, paste (nothing hpapens) I go to main desktop, and remote8x is now remote8u

edit: emu8x problems persist
What emu8x problems? And regarding cutting and pasting, I'll see if I can replicate it with remote8x. Do you have anything else on the calculator that might help?
nope. and by emu8x problems, if you exit out of emu8x and have the parser hook on, a simple expression gets a ram clear
qazz42 wrote:
nope. and by emu8x problems, if you exit out of emu8x and have the parser hook on, a simple expression gets a ram clear
That sounds like an emu8x issue rather than a DCS issue, no?

Anyway: Thanks to Braden's help I now have an emulated scenario where I can replicate the cut/paste bug. It shows up as a program named ]@@ getting created on the desktop. If I quit Doors CS between moving two programs, it doesn't happen. Qazz, were you by any chance trying to move multiple programs at once when you ran into the bug?
Kerm, no

and, I'll just try to keep the parser hook off then Wink
qazz42 wrote:
Kerm, no

By multiple programs at once, I mean were you cutting and then pasting several programs or files one after the other?

Edit: OK, here's the issue. If you're between a cut and a paste, and you go to a different folder (to paste), and Doors CS wants to back up your folders, that backup will break what the PasteWord is pointing to. Therefore, I need to either force a folder backup before pasting (probably not the right way to handle things) or put the PasteWord in a RelocatablePtr if it's nonzero around the folder backup (probably the right way to handle things).
Ok, expanding info on my bug.

This is how my DCS7 RC2 is set up.

Page 1 is full, 4 folders, 2 programs (all BASIC).
Now in these folders there are several more programs... But the 4th folder (bottom right) had 5 BASIC programs in it.
Page 2, 3, and 4 had all programs (BASIC and asm)

I exited DCS7 from page 4 by pressing clear and archived everything except for 1 program that was in that 4th folder. I edited it in the TI-OS. At the very beginning I added this header.

::DCS
:"16x16 Icon here
:Rest o' program

Then I closed and opened DCS. When I scrolled up, it worked, then scrolled up again, and it brought me down instead of up, and continued to do this. I couldn't get from page 3 to page 2 by going up, only by scroll-wrapping down to page 1. So I went into said 4th folder and my icon was all messed up looking, not what I entered in. I exited DCS, went to edit it in TI-OS and deleted the header, coming back the problem was solved.

Not a bug easily found!
one by one and only one prgm

do the max power way Kerm
KermMartian wrote:
qazz42 wrote:
Kerm, no

By multiple programs at once, I mean were you cutting and then pasting several programs or files one after the other?

Edit: OK, here's the issue. If you're between a cut and a paste, and you go to a different folder (to paste), and Doors CS wants to back up your folders, that backup will break what the PasteWord is pointing to. Therefore, I need to either force a folder backup before pasting (probably not the right way to handle things) or put the PasteWord in a RelocatablePtr if it's nonzero around the folder backup (probably the right way to handle things).

Why can't you force a folder-backup after a paste?
Twice you said "4th folder", but in both of those cases you meant "4th page", correct? Smile

Edit: @Comic: Because it's a cycle of wear on the flash chip. If someone is moving a bunch of programs all at once, I'd rather wait until they finish moving everything before I back them up. Although if the issue is occurring because it's trying to back up when simply moving to a different folder...

Hmm.

Edit #2: @Qazz: The which what way now?
KermMartian wrote:
Twice you said "4<sup>th</sup> folder", but in both of those cases you meant "4<sup>th</sup> page", correct? Smile

Oh no, not 4th page, sorry, too vague.

I mean on page 1, 4th position.

[folder][folder][folder]
[FOLDER][prog][prog]

the one in caps is the 4th folder
sigh, this is why I dont use folders ;.;

The max power way is just the wrong way, BUT FASTER!
qazz42 wrote:
sigh, this is why I dont use folders ;.;

The max power way is just the wrong way, BUT FASTER!
Don't let this stop you from using folders; this is one simple and easy-to-solve bug. Smile

@EpicFail: Would you be able to do any other tests, like creating a new program with a dummy 16x16 icon and seeing if the issues recur?
Ok, I really only used folders for levels
xXEpicxXXxFailXx wrote:
Ok, expanding info on my bug.

This is how my DCS7 RC2 is set up.

Page 1 is full, 4 folders, 2 programs (all BASIC).
Now in these folders there are several more programs... But the 4<sup>th</sup> folder (bottom right) had 5 BASIC programs in it.
Page 2, 3, and 4 had all programs (BASIC and asm)

I exited DCS7 from page 4 by pressing clear and archived everything except for 1 program that was in that 4<sup>th</sup> folder. I edited it in the TI-OS. At the very beginning I added this header.

::DCS
:"16x16 Icon here
:Rest o' program

Then I closed and opened DCS. When I scrolled up, it worked, then scrolled up again, and it brought me down instead of up, and continued to do this. I couldn't get from page 3 to page 2 by going up, only by scroll-wrapping down to page 1. So I went into said 4<sup>th</sup> folder and my icon was all messed up looking, not what I entered in. I exited DCS, went to edit it in TI-OS and deleted the header, coming back the problem was solved.

Not a bug easily found!

Shouldn't the ::DCS line be ::DCS6? I thought it had to be for 16x16 icons. I'm not sure about the page-up bug, though, obviously. But the plain old DCS without the 6 WOULD explain the garbled icon.

I figured this out while trying to add icons to BASIC programs myself.
It does indeed need to be ::DCS6 for a 16x16 icon, although I can't imagine why that would make this garbled thing happen. EpicFail, would you mind doing the test I suggested?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours