m.cemetech.net/index.php is where the unmatched </a> is found.

I was thinking of having Announcements be one of those buttons, and then you press the button and it shows the topics inside of it.
I still can't find that error, are you sure it's still there? That feat will require more JS than I think some phones can handle. Granted, a good deal can today but there may be phones accessing the site that can't understand/do the above.

KermM: Is it worth implementing Admin/Mod abilities into C6M? Also, another variable, U_PM. So I can assign text a URL to PM users (mainly for profile pages). Plus,

Quote:
[3/8/11 7:18:55 PM] comic: I still need some variables made I believe
[3/8/11 7:19:02 PM] comic: Unless you made them and I didn't notice
[3/8/11 7:19:22 PM] Kerm: not me
[3/8/11 7:19:28 PM] Kerm the subforum ones, right?
[3/8/11 7:19:31 PM] comic: Aye
[3/8/11 7:19:41 PM] comic: And I need one for search, last_post
Subforum: Last post URL, last-poster (with URL).
Subforum Categories: Last topic, last poster (both with URL).
Profile: PM URL
Pocket IE 6 on my Windows Mobile 6.5 based phone is still failing on the mobile site much more than the regular one, I'm not really sure why either.

But it works fine in opera so I'll just have to remember to use that.
That's close to how it looks on my phone, actually, except my phone doesn't make all the text run together like that. The solid maroon background of lack of CSS ladder parsing is the same, though. Comic, no point implementing mod/admin capabilities. I'll add those variables in the morning, it's sleep time for me now.
*bump* Existing subforum template variables:
LAST_POST, LAST_POST_AUTHOR, LAST_POST_SUB, LAST_POST_LDAYSAGO, LAST_POST_DAYSAGO, LAST_POST_THREAD, and LAST_TOPIC. Do none of those help?
I'll try them with proper prefixes and get back to you; That LAST_POST_SUB sounds promising.
comicIDIOT wrote:
I'll try them with proper prefixes and get back to you; That LAST_POST_SUB sounds promising.
That variable corresponds to the image for the "new posts" or "no new posts" wrapped in a URL for some reason. Tell me if it helps; I tend to think it won't, but I'm not positive.
Nothing is working, that DAYS_AGO stuff was for the sub-forum preview mod I mocked up and you implemented.
comicIDIOT wrote:
Nothing is working, that DAYS_AGO stuff was for the sub-forum preview mod I mocked up and you implemented.
Yeah, and isn't that the kind of stuff you need? We're talking about subforums on the forum index, not on viewforum pages, right?
Correct, such as to view the last topic and the last poster in the member features forum. Also, I still need a variable on the "Last Poster" for the default forum, it's missing those.

And! Last Post needs a working variable too, for both sections.
Posting from c6m doesn't automatically attach the signature to posts.
souvik1997 wrote:
You're right.

Note to self, change topic title of requests to Bugs & Requests.
It's been fixed.
comicIDIOT wrote:
souvik1997 wrote:
You're right.

Note to self, change topic title of requests to Bugs & Requests.
It's been fixed.
Hotness, nice job. I still will create you those variables you need.
As noted in SAX, I have just finished creating the Edit Profile page. The link can be found in the ever growing footer; I think that's the last I'll add down to the footer.

I have successfully changed my signature and switch back from C6M using it. *hinthint* Kerm, maybe there could be a setting that sets the theme to C6 for the current session when browsing from a mobile device? I feel users who use IRC on a phone or iPod may want to initially load the mobile site then progress into the desktop site, and saxjax links are for the Desktop version of the site.

There are a few glitches but I won't worry about addressing them unless someone comes across them. I'm baffled as to why it's happening and only happens under a certain and easily repeatable condition; but it's not horrible.

I'll work on other pages as time progresses. I've noticed benr take an interest in using C6M on the desktop side of things
I'm still having awkward CSS problems, sadly. Solid dark-green text in [code] boxes with a maroon background is very, very hard to read. Also, for some reason I can only get the login form to actually submit when I click Login once in a blue moon when the stars are properly aligned. Sorry that the Login page is such a problem. What are your thoughts on using a header logo
So I know you guys have been putting lots of work into this, but it strikes me that we should have a unified template for both desktop and mobile browsers, with @media css definitions to structure the page accordingly. The only immediate downside I see with this plan is that you probably don't want SAX running all the time on lower-end mobile browsers, so it would make sense to include a Javascript trigger to check the value of the display styling attribute (check for display:none or display:block) and decide whether to initialize the SAX scripts based on that. A <noscript> for SAX would also probably be helpful. We really ought to be able to do this without tables almost everywhere.
elfprince13 wrote:
So I know you guys have been putting lots of work into this, but it strikes me that we should have a unified template for both desktop and mobile browsers, with @media css definitions to structure the page accordingly. The only immediate downside I see with this plan is that you probably don't want SAX running all the time on lower-end mobile browsers, so it would make sense to include a Javascript trigger to check the value of the display styling attribute (check for display:none or display:block) and decide whether to initialize the SAX scripts based on that. A <noscript> for SAX would also probably be helpful. We really ought to be able to do this without tables almost everywhere.
I am too lazy to actually make my own post so instead I quote people and then don't say anything new
Also, when browsing a forum, the Last Post thing at the far right doesn't show the author.
elfprince13 wrote:
C6M was designed to be as lightweight as possible and mimic the feel of Cemetech6 but without any of the Javascript and much less HTML - ideally in the table end of things. C6M uses one table and one table only. I can't vouch for the the quote and code things but the base template for C6M is one table. Now, I may have multiple tables on a page but never one inside the other.

Using the same CSS for both desktop and mobile would get way to convoluted and you'd have things taking up valued space on small devices. Also, I'm not sure you've seen the source for cemetech. There are no proper class names for each thing. If I wanted to hide "Latest Headlines" using just CSS, I'd be SOL; I'd have to restyle the WHOLE site anyways. Everything on the left side is composed of sideheadtop, sideheadmiddle and sideheadbottom. There's no div that specifies it's "Latest Headlines" or "Online Users." Frankily, those are great additions to a full-blown theme but on a phone where you can view the latest headlines on the home page, you don't need another link to each one. Online users, who cares? If it's that important for some of those boxes at left, I'll add them in on a "Page 2," much like MacRumors; Where they post stuff that aren't exactly rumours and not important information to the nature of the site. C6M is in the same boat. It's a mobile site with to the point information: news/home, forum and search. If you want to know online users or latest headlines (recent news, anyways) you can change your profile to Cemetech6.

As C6M continues to grow (and it will) I'll add the rest links to the navigation: Projects, Archives, Links & About. I'll also skin SC2 and MT3 but instead of the actual project, mention that user should view the site in Cemetech6, rather than C6M.

AT the start of this topic, you'll notice that Kerm at first went in your direction but it didn't look good on his phone. Even though he his the forum admin, founder and basically all-being of the site, it wasn't catered to his phone but most certainly runs on it.

Compare This:

To This:

Souvik1997, please read before you post. It's a known issue and do submit these things to the C6M: Requests & Bugs.
comicIDIOT wrote:
C6M was designed to be as lightweight as possible and mimic the feel of Cemetech6 but without any of the Javascript and much less HTML - ideally in the table end of things. C6M uses one table and one table only. I can't vouch for the the quote and code things but the base template for C6M is one table. Now, I may have multiple tables on a page but never one inside the other.

We should be able to pretty trivially have the same look and feel without tables at all.

comicIDIOT wrote:
Using the same CSS for both desktop and mobile would get way to convoluted and you'd have things taking up valued space on small devices.

I don't want to be offensive, but I don't think you understand how it works. I'm not saying you use the same CSS for both, I'm saying you use the same HTML for both and choose the CSS individually using @media definitions and allow the user-agent to choose the proper style sheet. It would be trivially to stick global css definitions in one file, handheld in another, and screen in another, including all three by default, but with a link to allow users to switch at will (only include one or the other) if their user agent is too dumb to figure it out.

Quote:
Also, I'm not sure you've seen the source for cemetech. There are no proper class names for each thing. If I wanted to hide "Latest Headlines" using just CSS, I'd be SOL; I'd have to restyle the WHOLE site anyways. Everything on the left side is composed of sideheadtop, sideheadmiddle and sideheadbottom. There's no div that specifies it's "Latest Headlines" or "Online Users."

It's damn easy to find classes that need to be differentiated and add a duplicate definition (with some commas) to the screen media file, and a separate definition with display:none in the handheld media file.

Page 18 of 21
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours