I would like to suggest that you fix the SAX popout Razz or make a new one, I want to make a firefox addon for SAX Smile
After looking at the source for the popout SAX almost all the widths are in px, maybe using a set % would be a little nicer looking, though it might not.
Also, what is with all the <- followed by numbers...
I wish I could actually mess with it and not mess up what is being used right now. Anyway I could do that for like a preview?
Sonlen wrote:
After looking at the source for the popout SAX almost all the widths are in px, maybe using a set % would be a little nicer looking, though it might not.
I wish I could actually mess with it and not mess up what is being used right now. Anyway I could do that for like a preview?
Tell you what, how about you take a look at it after I fix everything broken about it tomorrow? And by <- followed by numbers, are you talking about the 001B character? If so, that's a column delimiter for SAX's ata.
KermMartian wrote:
Sonlen wrote:
Tell you what, how about you take a look at it after I fix everything broken about it tomorrow? And by <- followed by numbers, are you talking about the 001B character? If so, that's a column delimiter for SAX's ata.

I don't see any 001B >.< and I think I just realised it's in java, and html, unless I am wrong, and I don't know Java, barely can use ActionScript 3.0... >.< But if the layout is html I can deal with that.
Javascript. There's a difference.

I actually have my own little pop-out SAX thing floating around somewhere that I think utterly pwned Cemetech's pop-out back in the day when it actually worked (it has lost tiSAX connectivity due to SAX's mySQL upgrade)

http://imgur.com/60CUV.png

Kerm should implement something like mine but with better and fancier features. The tiSAX popout should essentially be a home-away-from-home sort of deal. ie., a pop-out that provides the essential and necessary site connections so you can stay fully connected to Cemetech but in the convenience of a small and relatively non-screen-hogging widget. Personally, I think it should have:

- a SAX tab for chatting on tiSAX
- an RSS/Posts tab for viewing, at a glance, the latest posts.
- a Private Messages tab for viewing latest private messages (and maybe even sending them?)
KeithJohansen wrote:
I actually have my own little pop-out SAX thing floating around somewhere that I think utterly pwned Cemetech's pop-out back in the day when it actually worked (it has lost tiSAX connectivity due to SAX's mySQL upgrade)
I don't remember it too specifically; would you mind being more exact about the areas in which it "pwned" my popout SAX?

Quote:
- a Private Messages tab for viewing latest private messages (and maybe even sending them?)
I definitely like the first two, although the last would be slightly more challenging. I'll consider how I could integrate the second one after I get the popout fixed up this morning.
KermMartian wrote:
KeithJohansen wrote:
I don't remember it too specifically; would you mind being more exact about the areas in which it "pwned" my popout SAX?

1) Developer pride. I very well can't make my own rendition of it and say "yeah, it's worse than the original" Razz

2) It looked nicer imho Very Happy

3) RSS tab

You cannot deny I outdid you in the SAX pop-out category, KermM Wink
Too bad it isn't fully functional anymore and I thus have zero proof to my claim Laughing
[/smiley spam]

KermMartian wrote:
Quote:
I definitely like the first two, although the last would be slightly more challenging. I'll consider how I could integrate the second one after I get the popout fixed up this morning.

\o/
So yeah, I'll add an updating post listing at some point. I did indeed fix the popout this morning, as I had promised.
KermMartian wrote:
So yeah, I'll add an updating post listing at some point. I did indeed fix the popout this morning, as I had promised.

Was the issue just a missing closing tag or something like that?
Sonlen wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Was the issue just a missing closing tag or something like that?
Close - the javascript variable "username" wasn't getting populated. I had forgotten to add that when I made some modifications. And don't worry, it's only for the client's benefit; I still do safe SID + UID -> username conversion serverside.

Sonlen, does KJ's distinction between Javascript and Java makes sense to you? Are you familiar with the fact that the two are distinct, or no?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours