Now that Cemetech6 Mobile, hereby referred to as C6M, is under a developmental public release, let's here those issues you've noticed and features you'd like. I'll also keep this first post updated with current and resolved issues for tracking.

Could you make seperate pages for each user agent? It looks really ugly on my iPhone (mobile safari).
souvik1997 wrote:
Could you make seperate pages for each user agent? It looks really ugly on my iPhone (mobile safari).
By ugly, I assume that you mean "really small font"? For some ridiculous reason the iDevice designers made mobile Safari report a virtual resolution of a 20" LCD, which is why you see everything as such tiny text. We'll be making an alternative stylesheet with text that is 3x that size for iDevices to load. Is that your complaint, or did you mean something different or more specific by "ugly"?
Souvik, what Kerm said. I've already noted that with my iPhone Razz
comicIDIOT wrote:
Souvik, what Kerm said. I've already noted that with my iPhone Razz
The only thing we're going to need is a simple single line of PHP that puts in a different style.css if an iDevice is loading the page.
Updated the Forum Index to look proper on anything but Kerm's phone now Very Happy
comicIDIOT wrote:
Updated the Forum Index to look proper on anything but Kerm's phone now Very Happy
Man, what a hater. Laughing Just kidding, hope that fixes it for everyone.
I'll tackle this when I get to it, but any rough ideas on how to stylize [quote] & [code] tags?

I'm thinking for code, I change the font to courier and indent, italicize. No special background formatting.

And for quotes perhaps a border and an indent and a background change. Any other opinions?

I'll mock out every suggestion that seems to be a good one so we can compare and contrast. In the end maybe we'll merge the best styles to form one.
For the quote and code tags, I'd generally suggest something not terrible different than here, ie, a dark gray border and a light gray (but darker than the normal bg) background behind the item's text. I of course agree with using font-family "monospace" for the code boxes, and the default sans-serif family for quotes.
Are there any requests for the other sections of the site? The forum body is nearly done - restructuring the HTML at the moment and saving from time to time so if it appears broken give me about five, ten minutes and it should be fixed as I'm editing and saving directly on the server.

I'll try my best to leave my computer with no visual bugs but sometimes I'll be forced to, and I'll make sure to leave a comment!

I don't plan to include signatures.

Any requests for the member pages
--Post Count
--Words Posts
--Rank
Any requests for anything else?
--Search?
--Archives?
--Projects?

Kerm, would it be possible to strip images from posts?
For the member pages, think post count, word count, rank, joined, and avatar are more than enough. Even though it's an image, the avatar is distinctive. I don't see a point in skinning the Archives for now; that can be a later part of the project once we finish the main area and forum pages.

Stripping images from posts: possible, of course, but it would require some uncomfortable hacks. I find that most mobile browsers will simply omit images they can't load or choose not to load; could we go with that for now? Or should I implement the image stripping?
A "Go to new posts" link should be easily found from the main page. I don't really care what the rest looks like. It's a mobile device, so functionality is really the most important thing.

All imo, of course.
foamy3 wrote:
A "Go to new posts" link should be easily found from the main page.
Aye, the link is already there. Was it not easy enough to find then?
comicIDIOT wrote:
foamy3 wrote:
A "Go to new posts" link should be easily found from the main page.
Aye, the link is already there. Was it not easy enough to find then?
I agree with foamy3, of course, but I also agree with you, comic, that it's easy enough to find from the current mockup. What do you think foamy? Do you have any mobile devices for testing?
Oh, my bad. I missed it on my iPod touch at work, but I just checked on my desktop and it definitely is there.
Is it something I should enunciate? Others may overlook it as well. Should it be last, different style?
foamy3 wrote:
Oh, my bad. I missed it on my iPod touch at work, but I just checked on my desktop and it definitely is there.
Hmm, if you missed it, I wonder if there's a way to make it stand out a bit more. By the way, comic, I was wondering what would happen if we delimited the nav items with dots or pipes instead of spaces, if that would make it clearer at all or just cluttered.
KermMartian wrote:
By the way, comic, I was wondering what would happen if we delimited the nav items with dots or pipes instead of spaces, if that would make it clearer at all or just cluttered.
Hm. Since all the nav items are single words, it shouldn't be that big of a deal. Maybe I'll add a 1px dotted/dashed border around the words that is the same colour as the background so they stand out as individuals a bit?
Nah, I (imho) think that's some extra complexity that we don't want to give weaker browsers a chance to choke on. Fair enough, shall we leave the nav links as-is for now? Foamy, did you have any thoughts on whether the Go to New Posts needs to be emphasized more?
Well, mobile browsers are pretty much all single-user, so a logout button is going to be overlooked. Making the "go to new posts" button the same and right next to it is kind of asking for trouble. Maybe put it on a new line? Preferably above the row it's on now.

Page 1 of 16
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours