When I visit this web page, the sidebar no longer shows up (including the top bar).

This happened after McAffee Privacy Service went crazy, ate my bookmarks and froze Firefox.

I really don't want to clear all my cookies and stored info, because we use a lot of websites that store preferences and info this way.
Don't worry, it's not you, it's the site. I hope to have this resolved by 11 AM EST today.
Bombu wrote:
When I visit this web page, the sidebar no longer shows up (including the top bar).

This happened after McAffee Privacy Service went crazy, ate my bookmarks and froze Firefox.

I really don't want to clear all my cookies and stored info, because we use a lot of websites that store preferences and info this way.

You should get rid of that wanna be software and get Nortons! I have seen so many problems with McAffee...
I've seen problems with Norton too. And AOL Virus "Protection" only protects against "viruses" other than their own spyware and virus they install on your computer.
I haven't seen any problems with an updated Nortons 2003... As long as they keep it updated, it screws up.

I got my laptop for 100 and went to update McAffee, and caught a virus in the process! That is just retarded...

Anywho, to get back on topic, when is it gonna be fixed?
OK, I got the sidebar and footer to work after an intense 2 hours this morning. Remaining is for it to correctly recognize one as logged in, and make the correct buttons appear for Programs, Projects, About, etc.
I have noticed a drastic decrease in loading time. Smile Good Job!
Still no sidebar...
Confused That is odd, I see it just fine...
Works for me...try F5ing.
Not working for me either Sad
if I log out it works, otherwise no
I had never tried logging out before, so when I did the side bar worked. But when I am logged in it doesn't Neutral
When you log in, it looks like you're still logged out, right?
The forum says I am logged in, but I don't know about the sidebar.

(I miss my go to new posts link Sad Crying )
Don't worry, I'm working on it.
http://www.phpbbstyles.com/viewtopic.php?t=9043
When I am logged in = no side bar

Logged out = side bar and different forum skin
Ohhhhhhhh. When you're logged in, go to Profiles --> Styles --> Cemetech.
Ok, I was having the same problem as Chipmaster. Changed my style to Cemetech, and now have the sidebar. Why doesn't it register when I log in using the sidebar? Is that now defunct as part of Phase 2?
No, the way that I'm evaluating the PHP code isn't correctly reading the cookies. I'm working on solving it.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours