Indeed, that seems to be a common theme among many newcomers to the community lately (cf. Sonlen, of course). I think it's important to work up to a big project, not make a small project or two, jump to a big project, and move on. As I'm sure DJ would agree, that can very easily lead to frustration.
Well, in my case, I kinda worked on bigger and bigger projects, gradually. In 2002 I went with an extremly large project for a while, which would have been successful if I did not get hit by a mem clear (when I had no way to backup), but then I returned with smaller projects. I eventually made 8 hours long RPGs, then eventually 10, 12, 15, to finally go with games that fits the entire 83+ archive. I did not feel ready to take on a massive project early in my TI-83 Plus programming "career". I somehow feared I would fail epically.

What I did, too, was to build from previous projects everytime, modifying the source code to fit the needs of the new project. Only Illusiat 13 was started from fresh new code, if I only count my RPGs.
meh, I am going small, but my programs get better and better each time

I need a few more months or a year or two, then I will be ready for asm
qazz42 wrote:
meh, I am going small, but my programs get better and better each time

I need a few more months or a year or two, then I will be ready for asm
I look forward to some more published works from you. Other than TI-Mail, I haven't seen too many finished projects that you've made.
I have too many projects Sad
merthsoft wrote:
I have too many projects Sad
We all have too many projects. Sad The trick is figuring out a way to multithread and prioritize so as many as possible get done as fast as possible. I should note that I'm not very good at practicing what I preach in that case.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 4 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours